Here is a long review of the Yamaha Star Venture from Texas - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Here is a long review of the Yamaha Star Venture from Texas

Long video review of the 2018 Yamaha Star Venture:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 01:59 PM Thread Starter

I ride in 90 plus degree heat and have ridden in 96 degree heat on this bike already and I did not experience the engine heat this reviewer mentioned, but remember that he was on a brand new Venture so it was in the break-in period, I did notice on my Venture that it ran hotter during break-in than it does now after the engine has broken in.

I think what the reviewer was feeling was break-in heat from the engine.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
I ride in 90 plus degree heat and have ridden in 96 degree heat on this bike already and I did not experience the engine heat this reviewer mentioned, but remember that he was on a brand new Venture so it was in the break-in period, I did notice on my Venture that it ran hotter during break-in than it does now after the engine has broken in.

The video is now showing unavailable....I wonder why?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Weird I clicked on it and it plays in the first post.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 04:30 PM

Garage
Quote:

I agree Bill. I heard him constantly complaining about the windshield NOT knowing that you CAN stop it’s at any point. Too bad, I think he would’ve appreciated that Yamaha heard him BEFORE he said anything. Lol!
The complaint about the price point of the bike is AGAIN made by someone who confessed they NEVER buy new. It’s unfortunate because when the standard features are compared to other cycles, the value is starkly evident IMHO. I wonder if he knew it comes with a 5 year UNLIMTED MILEAGE Warrantee? Also, at the end of the Warrantee you can have the bike inspected at a dealership and RENEW the Warrantee for ANOTHER 4 years!
9 years of a Warranteed bike is phenomenal!
To me, that shows the confidence Yamaha has in this bike.

Thanks for posting that!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 04:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Weird I clicked on it and it plays in the first post.
I clicked on it and it played right away. These “Canadians” are always having some sort of issue.
Lol! 😉
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
I agree Bill. I heard him constantly complaining about the windshield NOT knowing that you CAN stop it’s at any point. Too bad, I think he would’ve appreciated that Yamaha heard him BEFORE he said anything. Lol!
The complaint about the price point of the bike is AGAIN made by someone who confessed they NEVER buy new. It’s unfortunate because when the standard features are compared to other cycles, the value is starkly evident IMHO. I wonder if he knew it comes with a 5 year UNLIMTED MILEAGE Warrantee? Also, at the end of the Warrantee you can have the bike inspected at a dealership and RENEW the Warrantee for ANOTHER 4 years!

Thanks for posting that!
I purchased the extra four years of YES warranty when I bought mine, so I should have nine years of total warranty, 1 year factory 4 years of included YES and 4 years of YES that I purchased.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I clicked on it and it played right away. These “Canadians” are always having some sort of issue.
Lol! 😉
LOL...when I click on it, it says: Video Not Available. Maybe a market target restriction? Dunno...so no joy...
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 05:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for posting that!
I purchased the extra four years of YES warranty when I bought mine, so I should have nine years of total warranty, 1 year factory 4 years of included YES and 4 years of YES that I purchased.
I didn’t add it to my original purchase but had it explained to me. As long as the bike is still IN WARRANTEE you can have it added any time BEFORE it expires.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:12 PM

Garage
FYI, video unavailable for me also.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode