What Helmet Do You Use With Your Yamaha Star Venture? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

What Helmet Do You Use With Your Yamaha Star Venture?

My wife and I have the Raspberry Red Star Venture Transcontinental and to go with it we have Arai Corsair X helmets with Sena 30K bluetooth communicators.

These helmets are very visible and they flow a ton of air through the vents. Very comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0344.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	81192  

Last edited by American; 07-05-2018 at 05:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 05:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
My wife and I have the Raspberry Red Star Venture Transcontinental and to go with it we have Arai Corsair X helmets with Sena 30K blue tooth communicators.

These helmets are very visible and they flow a ton of air through the vents. Very comfortable.
I must be too old school. I have a white 3/4 HJC with boom mic and use the corded unit for the bike. It also makes drinking something while riding MUCH easier!
I’m used to 10hrs in the saddle 2 up on trips so battery powered does not work for me.
Since the reason Yamaha has the corded units ia because throughput was not sufficient to able to use all the functions including vox control of functions.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 05:27 PM

Garage
Shoei all the way. X-11, Neotec, and a 3/4 RJ Platinum (for around town). Great helmets.

Bought a Bell Revolver when I wanted a modular. It is a horrible helmet. Found the new Neotec on eBay in my size for $300, and junked the Bell.

2002 V-Star 1100 Classic
Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing
Dragbar Handlebars
National Cycle Cruiseliner Saddlebags
7" LED Headlight with 4.5" LED Driving Lights
Corbin Seat
Engine Guard with Kuryakyn Pegs
Chubby Intake with TimB's PMS Thumbscrews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
I must be too old school. I have a white 3/4 HJC with boom mic and use the corded unit for the bike. It also makes drinking something while riding MUCH easier!
Iím used to 10hrs in the saddle 2 up on trips so battery powered does not work for me.
Since the reason Yamaha has the corded units ia because throughput was not sufficient to able to use all the functions including vox control of functions.
I just can't talk myself into being tied to a corded hook up. I don't really use all the features of the infotainment and what I do use does not require the corded hook up. As for talk time the 30K is rated for up to 13 hours of talk time via bluetooth.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 05:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
I’m used to 10hrs in the saddle 2 up on trips so battery powered does not work for me.
I just can't talk myself into being tied to a corded hook up. I don't really use all the features of the infotainment and what I do use does not require the corded hook up. As for talk time the 30K is rated for up to 13 hours of talk time via bluetooth.
Ok, so it suits your needs given some functions you don’t use. I’m a tech junkie so LOVE showing others what this baby can do! Most of the time they just shake their head in disbelief saying “DUDE! That’s INSANE!” 🙂
I take it you don’t use the C.B. in a group situation for comms?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:31 PM
KCW

Garage
Quote:
.... Arai Corsair X helmets ....
read a lot of good things about Arai helmets. Do those stickers come off easy?

I have an issue with being a walking billboard for anyone, no matter how much I like their products.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
read a lot of good things about Arai helmets. Do those stickers come off easy?

I have an issue with being a walking billboard for anyone, no matter how much I like their products.
The front ones would likely come off pretty easy if you wanted to take them off, the rear ones as well. I don't mind advertising for Arai, they make an awesome helmet and they are all hand made by true craftsmen.

I believe Arai only has three people in their company that are certified to install the chin straps.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Same for us, Tony. We run the J&S 801 Premium's, and they sound super clear with the SVTC. We don't want to bother worrying about the batteries of whatever taking a powder while under way, or forgetting to plug in the headsets at the hotel/campground. Love the hard wire, cord and on-board Intercom System, including C.B.

We do lots of trips where we are in the saddle for OVER 12 hours...like going to Myrtle Beach, S.C. We just do a short snooze at a Rest Area...and are on the bike once more. That one 'iron-butt' in hotel savings, pays for the entire cost of the fuel, both ways, so we need to not worry about batteries kapluknutting....LOL.
Full Face Built with communication build into the helmet. I use this when recording because I have that goofy helmet cams attached. I also have a new 3/4 Star Motorcycles Helmet from Yamaha made by HJC. starting to wear this one more often and only using the fully face to record the rides in the HOT lanes and events, that right Chief I will be wearing the goofy helmet on the tail.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 08:28 PM

Garage
I got the cheapest HJC 1/2 helmet I could find. I ride alone and don't need to talk to anyone or listen to anyone. If I want to listen to someone, I just phone my daughter.....she can talk your ear off and all you have to say is "uh huh" every once in a while. I just bought a full face HJC for 30 bucks and that will be for cold weather riding. My first helmet in 1969 looked like a football helmet and we were not obliged to wear a helmet in those days.
KCW and Scrumdown like this.

1999 V-Star 650 Classic
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:39 PM

I currently ride with a silver Arai Signet X, and it wonít change if I buy the SVTC. Nor will my new Aerostich Darien gear.
We sold our old house in Oregon, so I was able to get some much needed upgrades at Christmas
GARider likes this.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! Patrick Henry 1775
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode