Yamana USB card 'Journey Further'... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Yamana USB card 'Journey Further'...

Just got from Yamaha Canada, a Journey Further USB card in the mail,
....with the latest Infotainment Software Update.

I believe it is the same update 12.0.6 that you can download, but the USB card obviously will work for all future updates. The cover letter states that you should use this USB 'card'

The body of the USB, is about the same as a credit card, and the actual USB interface swings open from the front face and then you can obviously see how you would fit it into your bike's USB port, or your Computer's USB port to load any further download updates to it.

So...for at least you fellow Canadian clients...you should also be getting one, if you haven't in fact, already!

Remember though, this isn't one use....you can delete the 12.0.6 SWO file, and download the latest, and then take it out to your bike...so don't throw the sucker away!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Just got from Yamaha Canada, a Journey Further USB card in the mail,
....with the latest Infotainment Software Update.

I believe it is the same update 12.0.6 that you can download, but the USB card obviously will work for all future updates. The cover letter states that you should use this USB 'card'

The body of the USB, is about the same as a credit card, and the actual USB interface swings open from the front face and then you can obviously see how you would fit it into your bike's USB port, or your Computer's USB port to load any further download updates to it.

So...for at least you fellow Canadian clients...you should also be getting one, if you haven't in fact, already!

Remember though, this isn't one use....you can delete the 12.0.6 SWO file, and download the latest, and then take it out to your bike...so don't throw the sucker away!!! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Dang you guys are slow. I got mine 3 weeks ago! I’ll still use the really nice 8GB one the dealership gave me.
As a matter of fact: when they loaned me their Demo while mine was being repaired, I noticed they had original software on it, so I used the stick from my bike and upgraded their software for them! The owner was both surprised & pleased!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Dang you guys are slow. I got mine 3 weeks ago! I’ll still use the really nice 8GB one the dealership gave me.
As a matter of fact: when they loaned me their Demo while mine was being repaired, I noticed they had original software on it, so I used the stick from my bike and upgraded their software for them! The owner was both surprised & pleased!
"Morning, Tony!"

Yep...just got it yesterday, when I got home from my country ride. My 'sweets' handed it to me...and said' "were you expecting something from Yamaha?" "Nope..." Glad to see it is reusable, and the good part...that it will certifiably work for future updates. Kinda weird though...the body like a credit card, and the flip open exposed USB module. Hey...as long as it works...right?

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:45 AM

I haven't received a Yamaha USB module for my bike.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
I haven't received a Yamaha USB module for my bike.
That’s odd. They sent them all out in mass.
Hope you didn’t inadvertently toss it. It was in a large envelope and looked like a Yamaha credit card, but it’s not. The center end of it rotates around to expose a USB connection.

You should call Yamaha and tell them.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
That’s odd. They sent them all out in mass.
Hope you didn’t inadvertently toss it. It was in a large envelope and looked like a Yamaha credit card, but it’s not. The center end of it rotates around to expose a USB connection.

You should call Yamaha and tell them.
Nope I open all mail and have only received one item from Yamaha and it was not a USB module.

My Bike already had the latest software on it when I bought it so maybe they are only doing that for those who's bikes did not come from the factory with the current software.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Nope I open all mail and have only received one item from Yamaha and it was not a USB module.

My Bike already had the latest software on it when I bought it so maybe they are only doing that for those who's bikes did not come from the factory with the current software.
I don't think so, as the cover letter asks you to use the supplied USB mechanism for all future updates. I take it that they certified the module will work, period.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 03:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

I don't think so, as the cover letter asks you to use the supplied USB mechanism for all future updates. I take it that they certified the module will work, period.
You’re right Joe. Hey American, if you don’t have one, you do need one because there will be other updates to come down the road.
Also, NAV system updates as well.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Youíre right Joe. Hey American, if you donít have one, you do need one because there will be other updates to come down the road.
Tony...the one thing I decided not to do...is to format the Yamaha USB card. I'll erase whatever is on it...and then reload with a download cross over...but I think we should keep whatever format Yamaha supplied the card with...and that will keep 'that it will always work'. Just a thought to put out there...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
You’re right Joe. Hey American, if you don’t have one, you do need one because there will be other updates to come down the road.
Tony...the one thing I decided not to do...is to format the Yamaha USB card. I'll erase whatever is on it...and then reload with a download cross over...but I think we should keep whatever format Yamaha supplied the card with...and that will keep 'that it will always work'. Just a thought to put out there...
If you didn’t get a nice 8GB one from your dealer like I did, then that’s a good idea. I’ll keep the “card” one as a backup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode