Good to know. The dealer was making it seem like they had to hook it up to a computer, and do some other advanced stuff with the electronics. I can handle torques and oil
They do hook up the Yamaha diagnostic computer but if you are not getting a check engine light it should not be downloading any codes.
Here is the owners manual and what a 600 mile service entails:
1. Diagnostic system Check, check for error codes.
2. Clutch, Check operation, fluid level and for fluid leakage.
3. Front brake, Check operation, fluid level and for fluid leakage.
4. Rear brake, Check operation, fluid level and for fluid leakage.
5. Drive belt, Check belt condition, check belt tension adjust if necessary.
6. Steering bearings, Check bearing assemblies for looseness.
7. Sidestand Switch Check operation and replace if necessary.
8. Engine oil, Change (warm engine before draining).
9. Engine oil filter cartridge, Replace.
10. Front and rear brake switches, Check operation.
11. Lights, signals and switches, Check operation. Adjust headlight beam.
That is all the listed items for a 600 mile service from the owners manual out of 28 total items for routine maintenance.