The SVTC is making waves in the cycling world! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
For those “naysayers” and also those who have not yet had the opportunity to ride this WONDERFUL machine, listen to what the PRO’s out there have to say!
This isn’t just us thrilled owners singing its accolades. Yamaha has TRULY raised the expectations on TOURING!

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/tr...ntureMediaBuzz
Elk likes this.

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 07-26-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 07:02 PM

Just think what Rider Domain would have said if they had gotten one of the faster Red Star Ventures to test!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
Just think what Rider Domain would have said if they had gotten one of the faster Red Star Ventures to test!
I hear ya!! Are you trying to egg on GArider?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
LOL, don't tell anyone but that is why he stays in sport mode so he can keep up with the faster red Star Ventures!!!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
LOL, don't tell anyone but that is why he stays in sport mode so he can keep up with the faster red Star Ventures!!!!!
There ya go again!
Hey Rich, (GArider) you gonna stand by and take that? Lol 😁
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 02:23 PM

'Silent Running'.....the sonar bings....bing.....bing.....bing....

We have been accused of 'hyping' this bike, and justifying our purchase choice. Perhaps we should all go, Run Silent, Run Deep....and not TALK about the bike, but talk about the TRIPS we are taking on the bike....

If people have questions...let them 'ping' us....and we'll respond.

I'd be interested in a off-beat way, to see if the forum 'flora' changes with other so far lurking or silent-in-the-depths owners, that might feel we are 'more-than-enough-vocal' and are carrying the flag.

So, American, ChiefFunner..er...gunner (smile!), should we dive to around 300 feet or more, and go on cruise?

What do you guys think? lol!

Let others surface?

Post Edit: "...thinking about this...and I believe for myself, that I'm going to dive, and go into 'lurk mode', and just enjoy the heck outta my SVTC. Will post here and there, about some great experiences upon Charlotte, but am pretty much done with , as some see it, 'convincing' others to try, ride, buy, enjoy. I purchased at at time when there was so much hostility to this release. On YouTube, about every 8 out of 10 YouTube blogger cowboys, moaned and groaned about the bike, totally ignorant of even how to reach to the left pod and raise or lower the windscreen. I still on my own diligence, bought the bike, regardless. My future posts, will be on where Charlotte takes us, and not so much, if ever, on the why's and therefore's on the tech. If people are interested, they will do their own thing....go to a dealer...read up, take a ride, buy the bike, and simply enjoy. Max, enjoy.... "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink." Spoken words, never more truly stated.....

The conning tower is just slipping under....bing, bing.....and bing....(very large smile)....now on patrol....bing.....bing.....
"Peace, and safe rides!"

Joe

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 07-27-2018 at 02:56 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
There ya go again!
That might be a bummer for the forum. The weekly newsletter I get from the site indicated that 6 out of 10 trending conversations on the forum were started and had by us SVTC Owners.

Gonna get REAL quiet here bro!

DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!
Aaaooogah! Aaaooogah!
DIVE!

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 07-27-2018 at 05:14 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 04:46 PM

I have rode one, and yes they are super nice machines.

For the way I ride now days, I'm keeping my Roadliner as it still makes me grin every time I ride it.

I'm hearing "cant keep em in stock" to "4 out of 5 still left" I guess sales go by where the dealer is?

IMO, I think a few people are waiting a year or 2 to see
A. How sales go, and how many (if any) leftovers still hangin around
B. See if any problems arise

I know only one thing about it: Good Bad or Ugly it IS a Yamaha, and judging by some model Yamahas' past value could significantly devalue depending on unsold inventory, that's just IMO. I've got a little over 12 grand in my like new 06 Roadliner which I bought brand new in 2009, and dealers offer me 4000 for it on trade, which to me is nuts.

Why were there even 3 year old new unsold models left on a bike like this? Who would have thought that would happen? Same story on the Road Star & The Tour Deluxe...A lot of unsold inventory left and Yamaha discounting the heck out of them. Maybe it was the times back then? I bought a like new 2005 Tour Deluxe with 12000 miles 2 years ago for a lousy 3800, so maybe you can see why there are plenty of possible buyers biding their time. I guess if you want one of the best tourers out there right now that may not matter much. Let's see how this pans out, IMO a little early to say for sure. We'll see....

Ride Safe!

Tom

Last edited by liner; 07-27-2018 at 05:06 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
That might be a bummer for the forum. The weekly newsletter I get from the site indicated that 9 out of 10 trending conversations on the forum were started and had by us SVTC Owners.

Gonna get REAL quiet here bro!

DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!
Aaaooogah! Aaaooogah!
DIVE!
The U.S.S. 'Joey' has leveled off at 225 feet...dive planes level, at 12 knots....reactor is humming, and news flowing along the decks, is steak and scampi for all hands at dinner shifts, with Burt Lancaster's The Swimmer screening in the forward mess 20:00 hours....

.....bing.....bing....bing......

"All quiet, Captain" "Steady as she goes, Mr. Thorner". "Aye, Captain..."....bing....bing.... "You have the watch..." "Yes sir....g'night" " "...night' Mr. Thorner...."

http://therunnerandtheswimmer.blogsp...-his-best.html

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 07-28-2018 at 03:24 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
There ya go again!
A[I][/I

I will only stated this, jealousy will get you nowhere. Be envious of the fastest, greatest color on any bike that cuts thru the wind like crap thru a goose. The bestest most awesomeness gray SVTC that moves like a ninja.
There I got that out. Sport mode is cool. Darn bike my cheeks hurt.
😁
Anyway we know what these bikes have to offer and how well they actually are. I have come to some realization that most that are haters are those that already spent money on another bike that they don't like. This goes for a few folks that I know, too bad.
It may be one day that won't like this bike someday but until then, I am happy as a clam and so on for 5 years under ownership warranty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode