Dunlop now puts out the D423 rear tire - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By YamahaParExcellence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Dunlop now puts out the D423 rear tire

We now have a choice, as Dunlop Tires now have the proper O.E.M. size for the rear on the SVTC/Eluder.

They market it as for the 2018 Honda Goldwing, but it is the same size for our rear wheel. Match it up with the front and you are good to go.

It is absolutely insane though that for a Canadian rider, you need to shell out just under $600.00 for two tires. I have never investigated the Dark Side for a rear tire....I probably should dip my toes into the Due Diligence stream...and check that all out for myself. The pro's and con's... Whether I'd ever actually run a C.T. on the rear of a motorcycle...is slim...but at least I will have scoured and lurked for forum posts for such...

Here it is on the FortNine site for Canadian riders (as well as American, in that you'd just get the 33 percent or so price reduction on your C.C.)

Rear Tire:

https://fortnine.ca/en/dunlop-d423-h..._BwE#521=16974

Front Tire:

https://fortnine.ca/en/dunlop-d423-h...ing-front-tire

Also from here....read the ad copy at the bottom of the page....

https://www.bikebandit.com/tires-tub...e-tire/p/60382

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-16-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 03:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
We now have a choice, as Dunlop Tires now have the proper O.E.M. size for the rear on the SVTC/Eluder.

They market it as for the 2018 Honda Goldwing, but it is the same size for our rear wheel. Match it up with the front and you are good to go.

It is absolutely insane though that for a Canadian rider, you need to shell out just under $600.00 for two tires. I have never investigated the Dark Side for a rear tire....I probably should dip my toes into the Due Diligence stream...and check that all out for myself. The pro's and con's... Whether I'd ever actually run a C.T. on the rear of a motorcycle...is slim...but at least I will have scoured and lurked for forum posts for such... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

Here it is on the FortNine site for Canadian riders (as well as American, in that you'd just get the 33 percent or so price reduction on your C.C.)

Rear Tire:

https://fortnine.ca/en/dunlop-d423-h..._BwE#521=16974

Front Tire:

https://fortnine.ca/en/dunlop-d423-h...ing-front-tire
Choice is a good thing Joe, but I have a question... The Dunlop doesn’t look to be any cheaper than the OEM price wise. Is the Dunlop going to do better on mileage or what? What advantage is their in the “choice”?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Choice is a good thing Joe, but I have a question... The Dunlop doesn’t look to be any cheaper than the OEM price wise. Is the Dunlop going to do better on mileage or what? What advantage is their in the “choice”?
Well, a choice of any kind, is always better than not. Also, if Bridgestone was the one and only, or that you HAD to buy a tire through a Yama Mamma Dealer...that could keep the prices stoked.

Dunlop has various layer densities of rubber compound on this set. I think that Bridgestone does as well...but the good thing Tony...is that you don't have to rely only on the Yamaha Part OEM chain. If you are about 1,000 miles to the wear markers, you can order (for myself anyway) through FortNine (they are as quick as lighting in getting things out the door), have the tire set sent to any location, or Yamaha dealership ahead of you...and when you get there, your tires (if the dealership is a honest one) will be ready to be re and re'd.

When I am ready for a set, I will certainly look at these as they compare to the Bridgestone, and most importantly....which manufacturer, will HAVE a set to send, within 1-3 days of ordering. Again, the good thing about FortNine...is that if it shows it is in stock when you buy...you WILL get them within 1 to 3 days. I usually get my order on the second day.

Also, different tread siping, for water shed? I'll have to look at my Bridge's.....and see if the sipe patterns are different to what the Dunlops show.
lesblank likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-16-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 06:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Well, a choice of any kind, is always better than not. Also, if Bridgestone was the one and only, or that you HAD to buy a tire through a Yama Mamma Dealer...that could keep the prices stoked.

Dunlop has various layer densities of rubber compound on this set. I think that Bridgestone does as well...but the good thing Tony...is that you don't have to rely only on the Yamaha Part OEM chain. If you are about 1,000 miles to the wear markers, you can order (for myself anyway) through FortNine (they are as quick as lighting in getting things out the door), have the tire set sent to any location, or Yamaha dealership ahead of you...and when you get there, your tires (if the dealership is a honest one) will be ready to be re and re'd.

When I am ready for a set, I will certainly look at these as they compare to the Bridgestone, and most importantly....which manufacturer, will HAVE a set to send, within 1-3 days of ordering. Again, the good thing about FortNine...is that if it shows it is in stock when you buy...you WILL get them within 1 to 3 days. I usually get my order on the second day.

Also, different tread siping, for water shed? I'll have to look at my Bridge's.....and see if the sipe patterns are different to what the Dunlops show.
I like the siping better on the Dunlop.
I use to run K491 Touring Elite II on my last Venture. I liked them because they were dual compound. Hard Center stickey outsides.

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 08-16-2018 at 07:12 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I use to run K491 Touring Elite II on my last Venture. I liked them because they were dual compound. Hard Center stickey outsides.
Oh, you took a look at our Bridge's? So they are different to what the pictures show here? Yeah..I always ran with Dunlop myself on the Wings. Had good miles out of them as well. When I am ready for a dual swap out, I'll have my own metrics on the Bridge OEM's...and will judge by that. I certainly want to save money like any other sane person...so, we'll see what is...at that time. Good to see though that Dunlop wasted no time in getting a set out for the Wing. What I do not like...and kinda feel it a snub...is that if both front and back of the two bikes are the same, the 2018 Wing, and the 2018 SVTC, why would Dunlop NOT state that this set is for either bike....what a gaff on their part. Do they know our bike exists? LOL....that was a gaff. The Dunlop add copy should have stated that this set was made for the new Wing and the new Yamaha tour.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, you took a look at our Bridge's? So they are different to what the pictures show here? Yeah..I always ran with Dunlop myself on the Wings. Had good miles out of them as well. When I am ready for a dual swap out, I'll have my own metrics on the Bridge OEM's...and will judge by that. I certainly want to save money like any other sane person...so, we'll see what is...at that time. Good to see though that Dunlop wasted no time in getting a set out for the Wing. What I do not like...and kinda feel it a snub...is that if both front and back of the two bikes are the same, the 2018 Wing, and the 2018 SVTC, why would Dunlop NOT state that this set is for either bike....what a gaff on their part. Do they know our bike exists? LOL....that was a gaff. The Dunlop add copy should have stated that this set was made for the new Wing and the new Yamaha tour.
I think I will call Dunlop Corporate and ask them EXACTLY that! You make a good point and I’d like to know WHY they didn’t mention the SVTC.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I think I will call Dunlop Corporate and ask them EXACTLY that! You make a good point and I’d like to know WHY they didn’t mention the SVTC.
Please let me/us know what they stated, Tony. Truly, when I saw the Dunlop Corporate ad copy for the this set of tires, I honestly felt slighted. Seriously? The same set one-on-one, fits the Yamaha Star Venture and Eluder...and no ad copy to that effect? Seriously?

I just called FortNine (got them after hours) and left a message that they should on the same page for this tire set, also state as they do for the 2018 GoldWing...that this set will also fit the O.E.M set for the Yamaha Star Venture T.C. and the Eluder line. They are smart cookies..and I have no doubt that once they confirm my information, they will certainly want to capitalize on that information...and the page will show fitment for the SVTC and Eluder.

I also stated that I traded in my Wing, that I had previously bought items for from them for our 2008,...and now they might seriously want to look into stocking items and acc's for the Star Venture and Eluder series of bikes. I told them, via the message, that that's now what I will be sourcing for...and not any longer for a GoldWing!

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-17-2018 at 05:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode