Another SVTC owner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Another SVTC owner

Hey guys, got another “RED” SVTC owner (akf15e) who had joined the forum! Hey Rich, I guess your gray one IS going to be unique!
Let’s make sure to welcome him!
Elk and GARider like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Hey guys, got another “RED” SVTC owner (akf15e) who had joined the forum! Hey Rich, I guess your gray one IS going to be unique!
Not AGAIN?!?!?!?!? It's already hard enough now in this forum to find a freakin' SVTC PARKING SPACE!

Congrats to akf15e! YOU.....---->"chose wisely"....

Show us a pic, of what acc's you have loaded your baby up with....inquiring minds wish to know, lol!

...oh...and you have to NAME (like they do a ship when champagne is splashed over the bow...) your ride....that is our unique SVTC/Eluder Forum tradition...gives your bike, personality. Our SVTC is named, Charlotte, after my dear late mother. Go to town...think up a name to make your ride unique, and for your own background reasons....it's fun...and we all are starting to identify with those names...for Chief's SVTC is named; Big Red, who started this thread. GARider's is named Night Fury. We think he only rides at night....to evade the cops and their radar revenue machines...!

Meet Charlotte, a grand Lady, where if miles upon her, was like fine wine, resting in the cellars....mmmmmm, mmmmmm!

(left click once, on a picture, then on THAT picture, left click once more...and you will get full, high rez, full size viewing.)

Joe
GARider likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-20-2018 at 03:04 PM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:
Not AGAIN?!?!?!?!? It' already hard enough now in this forum to find a freakin' SVTC PARKING SPACE! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

Congrats to akf15e! YOU.....---->"chose wisely".... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Show us a pic, of what acc's you have loaded your baby up with....inquiring minds wish to know, lol!

...oh...and you have to NAME (like they do a ship when champagne is splashed over the bow...) your ride....that is our unique SVTC/Eluder Forum tradition...gives your bike, personality. Our SVTC is named, Charlotte, after my dear late mother. Go to town...think up a name to make your ride unique, and for your own background reasons....it's fun...and we all are starting to identify with those names...for Chief's SVTC is named; Big Red, who started this thread. GARider's is named Night Fury. We think he only rides at night....to evade the cops and their radar revenue machines...! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

Joe
I hear ya Joe. Think parking is a problem, wait till we show up EN MASS at a gathering!
I love the growth though.
SVTC’s are IN THE HOUSE baby! 😉

In case you hadn’t noticed, we’ve had a couple other migrate from the other “dead” forum over to here. It’s like VEGAS baby! You go where the ACTION is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I hear ya Joe. Think parking is a problem, wait till we show up EN MASS at a gathering!

In case you hadn’t noticed, we’ve had a couple other migrate from the other “dead” forum over to here. It’s like VEGAS baby! You go where the ACTION is!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL--------------------------------LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL-------------------------------------LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I did...notice, and I am sure, there are lurkers here, daily Chief...for the bike is fabulous...the word and 'rides' are getting out...and you just have to know...there WILL BE some 'closet buyer's migrating from their long-in-the-tooth, V4's. You just have to know that....probably already happening....(I mean the not-out-of-the-closet' owners....)....

Joe
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL--------------------------------LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL-------------------------------------LOLOLOLOLOLOL [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

I did...notice, and I am sure, there are lurkers here, daily Chief...for the bike is fabulous...the word and 'rides' are getting out...and you just have to know...there WILL BE some 'closet buyer's migrating from their long-in-the-tooth, V4's. You just have to know that....probably already happening....(I mean the not-out-of-the-closet' owners....)....

Joe
Does that mean we need to throw a “coming out” party for them? Lol!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 03:36 PM

Quote:
"Oh. LAWRD....LOL!!!!!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

"I think I just pee'ed myself....gotta go...."...LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Joe
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
"Oh. LAWRD....LOL!!!!!"

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

"I think I just pee'ed myself....gotta go...."...LOLOLOLOLOLOL [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

Joe[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/StarbikeForums_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Wow I can see the value of the gray going up. Or unless there are showrooms filled with Gray in which case, anyone want to swap side covers, hehehe

Welcome akf15e. Enjoy the ride. Make sure you check out the topics on the venture/eluder forum. There is a lot of very good and informative threads.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 09:01 PM

Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome. I was a member of ISRA for years as a V-Star 1100 rider (2003), but kind of faded away as my riding declined due to work/life commitments. Found this forum as I was contemplating a new ride after 15 years on the V-Star (for sale!!). Wife and I had always talked about a Gold Wing as our next bike. We took lots of long trips on the V-Star, but wanted something more set up for touring - and more comfortable. So I rode a demo 2018 GW DCT and a 2018 SVTC at the dealer and realized a (new) GW was not for me. I told the salesman when I was done that it was an easy choice. The Honda was one smooth and well engineered machine....but I didn't feel like I was riding a motorcycle. Some weird electric scooter feel to it (albeit a very quick scooter). Loved the sound and feel of the Yamaha V-twin. Plus, wife thought the SVTC was much roomier and comfortable - and if she's not happy, no one is happy! Love the cargo space too - Honda really cut their's down. Almost one month in and we're still learning about the SVTC and all it's capabilities and extras. Love it!

Chief - Only accessories so far were new jackets for wife and me. My leathers were getting long in the tooth. We both got new Scorpion 4-season jackets. Ordered some TCX boots, but they're going back - too narrow for my foot. We also ditched our old helmets and sprung for some new Shoei's. Mine's the modular (comfortable!!) and hers is a 3/4. Got the Yammie comm system as well (wired). For the bike I'm already looking for saddlebag protectors (wife's comm cord already scratched the left bag), tank bra/protector, highway pegs, and a cup holder! Other than that, no immediate plans until I have some miles on her and see what else I "need". I suspect I'll want some risers since I needed them on my V-Star and this bike fits me in a similar manner.

Name? Was contemplating "Eagle" or "Red Eagle" since that was the plane I flew in the USAF. The F-15E was a big, gorgeous, badass plane designed to carry a big load, a long way, and was the greatest thing in the air. Seems this bike has similar attributes. WDYT?

Thanks again for the welcome. I'm about 2 years out from retirement and current job keeps me on the road a lot, so I tend to be off the grid for random periods of time - so if I don't respond to posts at times, that's the reason rather than me just being a dick (though I can do that quite well at times my family and friends assure me!) I also have to time share the new ride with my other passion, which is RVing (it's in the background of the pic). Need to find a safe way to tow/attach 965 lbs of beast to the back of a 40 foot trailer - and no, I don't want a toy hauler, because I just paid this one off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SVTC.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	81970  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akf15e View Post
Hey all,

Thanks for the welcome. I was a member of ISRA for years as a V-Star 1100 rider (2003), but kind of faded away as my riding declined due to work/life commitments. Found this forum as I was contemplating a new ride after 15 years on the V-Star (for sale!!). Wife and I had always talked about a Gold Wing as our next bike. We took lots of long trips on the V-Star, but wanted something more set up for touring - and more comfortable. So I rode a demo 2018 GW DCT and a 2018 SVTC at the dealer and realized a (new) GW was not for me. I told the salesman when I was done that it was an easy choice. The Honda was one smooth and well engineered machine....but I didn't feel like I was riding a motorcycle. Some weird electric scooter feel to it (albeit a very quick scooter). Loved the sound and feel of the Yamaha V-twin. Plus, wife thought the SVTC was much roomier and comfortable - and if she's not happy, no one is happy! Love the cargo space too - Honda really cut their's down. Almost one month in and we're still learning about the SVTC and all it's capabilities and extras. Love it!

Chief - Only accessories so far were new jackets for wife and me. My leathers were getting long in the tooth. We both got new Scorpion 4-season jackets. Ordered some TCX boots, but they're going back - too narrow for my foot. We also ditched our old helmets and sprung for some new Shoei's. Mine's the modular (comfortable!!) and hers is a 3/4. Got the Yammie comm system as well (wired). For the bike I'm already looking for saddlebag protectors (wife's comm cord already scratched the left bag), tank bra/protector, highway pegs, and a cup holder! Other than that, no immediate plans until I have some miles on her and see what else I "need". I suspect I'll want some risers since I needed them on my V-Star and this bike fits me in a similar manner.

Name? Was contemplating "Eagle" or "Red Eagle" since that was the plane I flew in the USAF. The F-15E was a big, gorgeous, badass plane designed to carry a big load, a long way, and was the greatest thing in the air. Seems this bike has similar attributes. WDYT?

Thanks again for the welcome. I'm about 2 years out from retirement and current job keeps me on the road a lot, so I tend to be off the grid for random periods of time - so if I don't respond to posts at times, that's the reason rather than me just being a dick (though I can do that quite well at times my family and friends assure me!) I also have to time share the new ride with my other passion, which is RVing (it's in the background of the pic). Need to find a safe way to tow/attach 965 lbs of beast to the back of a 40 foot trailer - and no, I don't want a toy hauler, because I just paid this one off.
Done like dinner....Red Eagle (just rolls off the tongue!) it is!

Again, welcome!

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode