So when is the updated Power Head software coming? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By YamahaParExcellence
  • 1 Post By YamahaParExcellence

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

So when is the updated Power Head software coming?

Seems we have been stuck with the current version for over three months. I check Yama Mama every day (Canadian Site) to see if there is any update, as well as the promised one 'free' GPS Navigation Map update.

Both are still M.I.A.

Anybody have any 'intel' to share?

Post Edit. Just checked Yamaha Tool Box, and there are no free updates or Extra features to buy....to date.

Joe

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-21-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Seems we have been stuck with the current version for over three months. I check Yama Mama every day (Canadian Site) to see if there is any update, as well as the promised one 'free' GPS Navigation Map update.

Both are still M.I.A.

Anybody have any 'intel' to share?

Post Edit. Just checked Yamaha Tool Box, and there are no free updates or Extra features to buy....to date.

Joe
What is the Yamaha tool box?

Rob - 18 Raspberry SVTC, 08 Pearl White Navi Goldwing
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucfan11 View Post
What is the Yamaha tool box?
Go to the Yamaha USA site, and under MAP updates, you will find the link. You then download the software and install it upon your computer. If your Nav and Maps come up on your SVTC already, then the dealer authorized your Map Licence already. If you cannot get Nav functions, then you do that yourself by downloading the licence. Etc. You will need to set up your own Yamaha Toolbox account, for to be able to download newer maps, and other custom features that Yamaha will offer for sale, and download to your system.

It's all there on either the USA or Canadian Yamaha Official Site.

Here is the direct link, if you want to not bother with the site, and their explanations...

https://yamaha.welcome.naviextras.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Go to the Yamaha USA site, and under MAP updates, you will find the link. You then download the software and install it upon your computer. If your Nav and Maps come up on your SVTC already, then the dealer authorized your Map Licence already. If you cannot get Nav functions, then you do that yourself by downloading the licence. Etc. You will need to set up your own Yamaha Toolbox account, for to be able to download newer maps, and other custom features that Yamaha will offer for sale, and download to your system.

It's all there on either the USA or Canadian Yamaha Official Site.

Here is the direct link, if you want to not bother with the site, and their explanations...

https://yamaha.welcome.naviextras.com/
Where would I get the USB key? My navi works and I have a card with a built-in USB that I was given but I get this error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	81982  

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Where would I get the USB key? My navi works and I have a card with a built-in USB that I was given but I get this error.
You need to put that into your USB 1 port (the right fairing pocket) and then migrate to the Navigation section. There you will see an option, that will EXPORT your bike's system FINGERPRINT, onto that USB key. That is what the Toolbox software is looking for. When that file is on your USB drive, the Toolbox software will sniff that...and then you will be able to open an account for future use. That fingerprint, your SVTC puts onto that USB drive is exactly that....whereby the Toolbox software knows YOUR bike, its software versions, what you have, etc. That way, it can know what to download, and what to offer you, the owner.
Bucfan11 and GARider like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-22-2018 at 05:52 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 07:33 PM

For future readers. I had to export twice, the first time it was "Writing" and then the screen went away. Yamaha Tool Box still did not recognize the USB even though there were files on it. I formatted and tried again, this time after the "Writing" screen finished I had a "Complete" message appear. All worked well and I had no updates available.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
For future readers. I had to export twice, the first time it was "Writing" and then the screen went away. Yamaha Tool Box still did not recognize the USB even though there were files on it. I formatted and tried again, this time after the "Writing" screen finished I had a "Complete" message appear. All worked well and I had no updates available.
Now, just don't put anything else on that USB drive and just use it to check for updates. If there are any, it will download to that USB drive and you can then take it to the USB Port 1 on your SVTC. There is supposed to be one 'free' one coming from Yam, and soon, I hope. The total Power Head software updates are free for the life of your ownership, so not to worry there. That one, doesn't need a fingerprint, but it is an ISO image, that you just download from any Yamaha Corporate site. I use the Canadian one, only if there might be a difference in versions between the U.S. and the Canadian. So, you might just want to use any ISO image made available from Yamaha USA.
Bucfan11 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode