Long Haul Paul buys SVTC! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Everybody has heard of Long Haul Paul and his VAST miles he’s racked up on his Tenere for the sake of charity.
Well, Paul has retired his Tenere which is now in a motorcycle museum in Alabama and has purchased a new SVTC to continue his adventures!
Yes Rich, he bought a GRAY one! 😁
He’s got some videos out already of his exploits and absolutely LOVES this bike! Can’t say I blame him one bit.
Hoping you have MANY more safe & enjoyable miles Paul on your trusty NEW STEED!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjVj9CTrJCo
Keith Post, Elk, GARider and 1 others like this.

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 08-22-2018 at 10:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Another Long Haul Paul video adVENTURE!
Some of us think we have some miles on this bike, and we do but Long Haul is gonna quickly run past all of us combined!
If there’s ANY rider out there who is QUALIFIED to comment on a bikes “worthiness” as a tourer, it’s him!
Now maybe the “naysayers” will have to be silent and acquiesce to the fact that Yamaha has truly created the BEST TOURER on the market!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ8JBxXIuxc
Keith Post and Jamaha like this.

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 08-22-2018 at 10:02 AM.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Everybody has heard of Long Haul Paul and his VAST miles heís racked up on his Tenere for the sake of charity.
Well, Paul has retired his Tenere which is now in a motorcycle museum in Alabama and has purchased a new SVTC to continue his adventures!
Heís got some videos out already of his exploits and absolutely LOVES this bike! Canít say I blame him one bit.

Very nice. He will be named Night Fury II
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARider View Post
Quote:
Everybody has heard of Long Haul Paul and his VAST miles he’s racked up on his Tenere for the sake of charity.
He’s got some videos out already of his exploits and absolutely LOVES this bike! Can’t say I blame him one bit.

Very nice. He will be named Night Fury II
I really think that image “ghosted” on your bike would look AWESOME!
GARider likes this.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

He notes in the video that he’s still in his 600 mile break in mileage, yet watching him go through twisty’s he runs the RPM consistently at 3-4K! That’s a NO NO according to the manual. Nothing above 2,500 RPM’s for first 600 miles. Nothing above 3,500 RPM’s until AFTER you hit 1k miles.
It takes some actual concentrated effort to break the higher RPM habit that is acquired by riding other bikes.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
He notes in the video that heís still in his 600 mile break in mileage, yet watching him go through twistyís he runs the RPM consistently at 3-4K! Thatís a NO NO according to the manual. Nothing above 2,500 RPMís for first 600 miles. Nothing above 3,500 RPMís until AFTER you hit 1k miles.
It takes some actual concentrated effort to break the higher RPM habit that is acquired by riding other bikes.
I saw that, now I don't feel so bad.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 02:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
... Yamaha has truly created the BEST TOURER on the market!
BEST .... Oooph! That is a tough one. Simply because it does not take the rider's emotion into it. I will accept "One of the BEST TOURERS Engineered on the market."

Yes, I know I am splitting hairs. And that may be due to the weather has been shitty the last few days and I need some wind therapy.
GARider likes this.

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumdown View Post
Quote:
... Yamaha has truly created the BEST TOURER on the market!
BEST .... Oooph! That is a tough one. Simply because it does not take the rider's emotion into it. I will accept "One of the BEST TOURERS Engineered on the market."

Yes, I know I am splitting hairs. And that may be due to the weather has been shitty the last few days and I need some wind therapy.
That stinks there Scrumdown! I’m out riding now, and like many other riders decided to stop for an ice cream cone!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:

NOT AGAIN?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!

Tony...where are we going to park these dang bikes? We'll have to speak to Keith about paving that North East section of the SVTC/Eluder forum parking lot. We don't want these new owner's bikes, to sit on dirt....

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-22-2018 at 03:39 PM.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:

NOT AGAIN?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?!?! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

Tony...where are we going to park these dang bikes? We'll have to speak to Keith about paving that North East section of the SVTC/Eluder forum parking lot. We don't want these new owner's bikes, to sit on dirt....
DIRT??!!! Good Lord NO!! Paving PUHLEEZE!! 😁
Besides, I’m kinda neurotic about my bike getting dirty.

As far as “room” goes..... CMON IN and make yourself at home. Pour a cup of coffee and add a shot to it! They’re more than welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode