Has anyone seen American (Bill)? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Has anyone seen American (Bill)?

Haven’t seen Amercian for a while. Has anyone been in touch with him? Hope he’s ok. He use to chime in on the tech stuff pretty regularly.
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Haven’t seen Amercian for a while. Has anyone been in touch with him? Hope he’s ok. He use to chime in on the tech stuff pretty regularly.
He left StarBike Forums...I got a PM, that he felt admins were calling him a racist. I don't think they did AT ALL...but, everybody parses things different. Anyway, he has moved on....probably went somewhere else...and I wish him safe rides and interesting forum interactions, where ever they be...

I think the admins here are fantastic. They are VERY MUCH, hand's off...and let threads sort themselves out...

Joe
bevo1981 and lesblank like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-23-2018 at 06:54 AM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 07:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:
He left StarBike Forums...I got a PM, that he felt admins were calling him a racist. I don't think they did AT ALL...but, everybody parses things different. Anyway, he has moved on....probably went somewhere else...and I wish him safe rides and interesting forum interactions, where ever they be...

I think the admins here are fantastic. They are VERY MUCH, hand's off...and let threads sort themselves out...

Joe
That’s really sad. 😢 I felt he had a lot to contribute. We just got another SVTC owner who lives in Florida. Thought maybe those two could get together.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:25 AM

Garage
I did not think anyone called or inferred that he was a racist.

Sad to seem him leave. He seemed to have a plethora of information at hand. It's usefulness is up for debate.

If anyone chats with him. Pass along my good-tidings to him.
Keith Post likes this.

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Thatís really sad. 😢 I felt he had a lot to contribute. We just got another SVTC owner who lives in Florida. Thought maybe those two could get together.

Tony...I think he merely has gone into Submarine Mode. He'll be back. We all get over things, and if the forum is a great one, as this is....that draws good people like a moth to a flame. A good forum, is quite addicting....like coffee and SVTC's....y'know?
Keith Post likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumdown View Post
I did not think anyone called or inferred that he was a racist.

Sad to seem him leave. He seemed to have a plethora of information at hand. It's usefulness is up for debate.

If anyone chats with him. Pass along my good-tidings to him.
I agree. Bill will be back. He's a good one...

Post Edit: "In fact, it was Bill (American) that even brought me here....he pointed this forum out to myself, on a YouTube blogger thread. I did not know this site existed, let alone the forum within."
Keith Post likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 08-23-2018 at 01:50 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

Joe
But but but EVERYTHING about conservatives makes you “racist” to a liberal. 🤣🤣
In today’s “climate”, ya just need to have thicker skin!
In truth, I didn’t see where any admin intimated such a thing, and I also agree they seem to be pretty much “hands off” unless it gets abusive which is proper.
lesblank likes this.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
That’s really sad. 😢 I felt he had a lot to contribute. We just got another SVTC owner who lives in Florida. Thought maybe those two could get together.

Tony...I think he merely has gone into Submarine Mode. He'll be back. We all get over things, and if the forum is a great one, as this is....that draws good people like a moth to a flame. A good forum, is quite addicting....like coffee and SVTC's....y'know? [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I like to live completely “addicted” by having coffee in my cup holder WHILE cruzin the SVTC! 👍😁
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I like to live completely “addicted” by having coffee in my cup holder WHILE cruzin the SVTC! 👍😁
Both my wife and I had a Monster Mug fore and aft. I'm looking at something similar. I miss my sip, ride, sip, ride, sip, ride...as well!
I had the 60 oz size up front...and when I would go into a convenience store and fill it up...and when taking it to the counter to pay, I'd always wink at the gal/guy, and state; "This is my two state'er mug". I always got a smile...
Keith Post and lesblank like this.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Both my wife and I had a Monster Mug fore and aft. I'm looking at something similar. I miss my sip, ride, sip, ride, sip, ride...as well!
I had the 60 oz size up front...and when I would go into a convenience store and fill it up...and when taking it to the counter to pay, I'd always wink at the gal/guy, and state; "This is my two state'er mug". I always got a smile...[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
With a 6.6 gallon tank and excellent gas mileage, your 60oz cup just means you pass everything EXCEPT a “REST STOP”!!
So your distance is not tank to tank but bladder drain to bladder drain!
ROFLMBO! 🤣🤣🤣
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode