Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Long Haul Paul 1684 miles in 28 hrs straight!

3K views 18 replies 5 participants last post by  YamahaParExcellence 
#1 ·
Here’s Long Haul’s latest video in which he does 1684 miles STRAIGHT with NO FATIGUE on the SVTC! This bike is made to eat up the miles in comfort and Long Haul Paul is proving that fact.
Keep it going Paul, we’re with you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0CuxltDEGAw

#2 · (Edited)
Wow...does this guy ever work??!?!??!? He seems too young to be fully retired...geez...lol. You GO, Paul!

...and look at around 1:59 into the video, where his helmet camera picks up the speedometer....wow...he is cranking along at dusk, around 78-80 mph! This guy is moving down the road! I can't STAND it....this coming weekend is our Canadian Labor Day Weekend...and from sipping some java, and watching this vid...I'm , or we, are heading out, too. I think I would like to head over to either Gananoque, or Kingston, Ontario...and spend a couple of days touring in that area. We love the Thousand Islands, and it might be a great thing to celebrate the end of Summer with another boat tour out among the Thousand Islands, before the 'on water' season comes to a close. But no matter WHERE either I, or my wife and I end up...it's gonna be another 700 or so miles at least!

Hoping for nice weather, but no matter, we will have our Frog Togs packed!

...now, back to Paul's video...and the guy, who seemingly doesn't need a job to fund his excursions! :)

Post Edit: I now think that Paul is being sponsored by Yamaha America for the promotion that his videos affords them, on any previous and current Yamaha ride he owns/owned. That explains much, to me, if that is indeed the case! :)

#3 ·
Here’s Long Haul’s latest video in which he does 1684 miles STRAIGHT with NO FATIGUE on the SVTC! This bike is made to eat up the miles in comfort and Long Haul Paul is proving that fact.
Keep it going Paul, we’re with you!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0CuxltDEGAw
Wow...does this guy ever work??!?!??!? He seems too young to be fully retired...geez...lol. You GO, Paul!

...and look at around 1:59 into the video, where his helmet camera picks up the speedometer....wow...he is cranking along at dusk, around 78-80 mph! This guy is moving down the road! I can't STAND it....this coming weekend is our Canadian Labor Day Weekend...and from sipping some java, and watching this vid...I'm , or we, are heading out, too. I think I would like to head over to either Gananoque, or Kingston, Ontario...and spend a couple of days touring in that area. We love the Thousand Islands, and it might be a great thing to celebrate the end of Summer with another boat tour out among the Thousand Islands, before the 'on water' season comes to a close. But no matter WHERE either I, or my wife and I end up...it's gonna be another 700 or so miles at least!

Hoping for nice weather, but no matter, we will have our Frog Togs packed!

...now, back to Paul's video...and the guy, who seemingly doesn't need a job to fund his excursions! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Post Edit: I now think that Paul is being sponsored by Yamaha America for the promotion that his videos affords them, on any previous and current Yamaha ride he owns/owned. That explains much, to me, if that is indeed the case! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Very possibly but I’d prefer if he’d answered that one directly rather than us speculating or assuming.

#4 · (Edited)
Very possibly but I’d prefer if he’d answered that one directly rather than us speculating or assuming.
I don't think you will see him show up, here, Chief. I think he promotes his 'presence' only and exclusively on his YouTube Channel. My take, anyways. The more hits he has...the more can be gleaned via Channel Monetization. That is YouTube. In the end of that video, (unless I misunderstood his comments), it seems he was involved with the Yamaha official presence, at Sturgis, in/at some capacity. I'm not alluding to anything 'off'...just that he might have been sponsored by Yamaha for his time aboard the Tenere, and now, the SVTC. I certainly know that I would approach them, with all the thousands of miles aboard his prior Yamaha ride. I'd say that his videos are quite him acting as a great Yamaha product ambassador n' such. Again, nothing wrong with that, for he is showing the capabilities of the SVTC, in the very mandate it was designed for. Long distance, perseverance touring.

In all of his videos, that I have viewed, he never mentions for the record, that he has no official Yamaha affiliation, or that Yamaha does not financially in any format, support his riding endeavors, aboard their line of bikes.

If he shows up, logged in as himself, that would be great...and a fabulous contribution to this forum, but again, I have a tingly sense that you won't see him here. Can't explain it, but I just do. I would LOVE for him to prove me wrong....Paul?

Joe

#7 ·
I met a guy [can't remember his name] that traveled around on a provided BMW and wrote articles for the BMW magazine. He was saying how he couldn't wait to retire and motorcycle travel! I said WHAT??? So you can travel on a bike you had to buy ,pay for your gas, hotels and food and not get paid? He started laughing and said 'yea, I guess so'.

Reactions: YamahaParExcellence
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.