Eluder Price - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Eluder Price

I got a advertised price on the Eluder GT for $19895. By the time the dealer added in dock fee, license fee and tax, out the door price is $24,226. Is that a good deal? Seems to me like a lot is added on. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 04:58 PM

Garage
I bought a 14 Raider earlier this year with a deep discount from a dealer and they tacked on around 2500 on top of the sale price (roughly 25% of the purchase price). I was a little taken back by all the fees myself, but might give you a comparison. As for the advertised price on your Eluder, I can't vouch.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 05:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWater View Post
I got a advertised price on the Eluder GT for $19895. By the time the dealer added in dock fee, license fee and tax, out the door price is $24,226. Is that a good deal? Seems to me like a lot is added on. What do you think?
The initial asking price on a GT model is good, but the fees seem a bit high. Although you ARE in the highest tax state in the nation with 12.75% sales tax (that’s $2486.88 added). Then of course all your state fees are rediculous too on license, title. In a different state with the same asking price, you probably could have got it for less IF they would honor the same asking price.
Regardless, it’s a really great machine that I KNOW you’ll enjoy.
Congrats! Please post PICS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
The initial asking price on a GT model is good, but the fees seem a bit high. Although you ARE in the highest tax state in the nation with 12.75% sales tax (that’s $2486.88 added). Then of course all your state fees are rediculous too on license, title. In a different state with the same asking price, you probably could have got it for less IF they would honor the same asking price.
I thought we were the only ones, here in Ontario that were killed with H.S.T. at 13 %...then ...wow...I read that the H.S.T. in Nova Scotia...is a whopping---->15 % tacked onto anything you buy...unreal!

Almost what we have here, in that state...I thought that I would never read that....perhaps it what's going to happen in most states of the Union...all State Capitols need the money...so, will that be inevitable?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 07:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
I thought we were the only ones, here in Ontario that were killed with H.S.T. at 13 %...then ...wow...I read that the H.S.T. in Nova Scotia...is a whopping---->15 % tacked onto anything you buy...unreal!

Almost what we have here, in that state...I thought that I would never read that....perhaps it what's going to happen in most states of the Union...all State Capitols need the money...so, will that be inevitable?
The most liberal states have the highest taxes because they have the most people sucking at the “teat” of government “freebies”. Just the way it is. California (another liberal utopia) and Illinois (another one).
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 10:20 PM

Garage
LOL I live in Kansas which is one of the most conservative states in the union And they tax the [email protected]##$T out of vehicles. You have to pay property taxes on each vehicle every year and for a vehicle in the Eluder price range is 500 bucks a year.

The dealer had to discount the bike to get you to bite, then tried to add “fees” to make his money back. These Yamaha Bikes are not selling and sitting on the floors of dealerships. My local dealer has had 5 since last December and has sold only one. But here in town there is a big Harley Dealer and Indian dealer and no one spends 20K + in a metric bike unless it is a Goldwing.

2013 V Star 1300 Tourer
2018 Indian Chief Limited
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 11:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron58 View Post
LOL I live in Kansas which is one of the most conservative states in the union And they tax the [email protected]##$T out of vehicles. You have to pay property taxes on each vehicle every year and for a vehicle in the Eluder price range is 500 bucks a year.

The dealer had to discount the bike to get you to bite, then tried to add “fees” to make his money back. These Yamaha Bikes are not selling and sitting on the floors of dealerships. My local dealer has had 5 since last December and has sold only one. But here in town there is a big Harley Dealer and Indian dealer and no one spends 20K + in a metric bike unless it is a Goldwing.
The bike selling or not is really regionally dependent. Some do better than others.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:49 AM

Lots of false info in here about New York.

First, I live in the same city that the OP lives in, and would love to know what dealer added that much in fees, as I have never experienced that. I bought my F6B at Hollink and they quote OTD prices that include tax and about $100 in state-mandated fees.

Second, our sales tax rate is 8%, not 12.75%. You pay the sales tax rate at the purchase, $17 to register the bike, a $6 inspection fee, up to $75 in DMV fees, and $10 in tire disposal fees. That's it. Everything else is the dealer.

And, for the record, the only additional annual costs for owning a motorcycle in New York is a $6 safety inspection and $17 to re-register.

------

Just checked my invoice from buying the Honda:

Freight and set up $360
Documentation fee $30 (dealer legwork)
Registration and title $80
Inspection $6
Tire disposal fee $5
Tax (on $15k) $1,228.80

So, with the same fees and tax rate applied for the OP, his OTD should be $21,996.70.

Current Ride: 2013 Honda F6B

Former Rides:
2004 VStar 1100 Classic
2008 VStar 1100 Silverado
1982 Suzuki GS650S

Last edited by CandyRedVStar; 09-16-2018 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Fact checking
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 09:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyRedVStar View Post
Lots of false info in here about New York.

First, I live in the same city that the OP lives in, and would love to know what dealer added that much in fees, as I have never experienced that. I bought my F6B at Hollink and they quote OTD prices that include tax and about $100 in state-mandated fees.

Second, our sales tax rate is 8%, not 12.75%. You pay the sales tax rate at the purchase, $17 to register the bike, a $6 inspection fee, up to $75 in DMV fees, and $10 in tire disposal fees. That's it. Everything else is the dealer.

And, for the record, the only additional annual costs for owning a motorcycle in New York is a $6 safety inspection and $17 to re-register.

------

Just checked my invoice from buying the Honda:

Freight and set up $360
Documentation fee $30 (dealer legwork)
Registration and title $80
Inspection $6
Tire disposal fee $5
Tax (on $15k) $1,228.80

So, with the same fees and tax rate applied for the OP, his OTD should be $21,996.70.
I stand corrected. Thank you. It’s INCOME taxed at that level not sales tax.

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 09-16-2018 at 09:53 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 12:31 PM

Just got paid Friday. Checked my stub and my NY income tax is 4.8%. Single 0 exemption, annual salary of about $80,000.

Current Ride: 2013 Honda F6B

Former Rides:
2004 VStar 1100 Classic
2008 VStar 1100 Silverado
1982 Suzuki GS650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode