Navigation issue!!! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GARider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Navigation issue!!!

I have had my SVTC now for only about 4 weeks! (just now sending my first payment) I activated my navigation system and it had been working fine up until this past weekend. When I tried setting a destination it is getting hung on just searching never getting started. I must hit the home button on the handle bar to get back to my home page. When I cycle through the different home button settings, and get to the navigation map, I get a message that says, "navigation not ready" and the map will not pull up. I have tried inserting the USB drive to try and reactivate it but to no avail.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how was it resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Villarreal View Post
I have had my SVTC now for only about 4 weeks! (just now sending my first payment) I activated my navigation system and it had been working fine up until this past weekend. When I tried setting a destination it is getting hung on just searching never getting started. I must hit the home button on the handle bar to get back to my home page. When I cycle through the different home button settings, and get to the navigation map, I get a message that says, "navigation not ready" and the map will not pull up. I have tried inserting the USB drive to try and reactivate it but to no avail.

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and how was it resolved.
RV - welcome and congratulations of your new moto. Enjoy.
we have a thread on this located here https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...vi-issues.html
Also you can search for navigation issues on yamaha web site they have a video that I helped them resolved this issue.
Basically when you enter a home address it locks the system so you need to enter another location by selecting a POI on the map and nav to it then go into recent destination and delete the recents then upgrade to the latest version.
Please watch the video on the Nav stop working thread or on Yamaha web site.
Good luck.
Robert Villarreal likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARider View Post
RV - welcome and congratulations of your new moto. Enjoy.
we have a thread on this located here https://www.starbikeforums.com/forum...vi-issues.html
Also you can search for navigation issues on yamaha web site they have a video that I helped them resolved this issue.
Basically when you enter a home address it locks the system so you need to enter another location by selecting a POI on the map and nav to it then go into recent destination and delete the recents then upgrade to the latest version.
Please watch the video on the Nav stop working thread or on Yamaha web site.
Good luck.
Thanks so much for all your help so far, I have installed the new update and now the Navi button will not even light up! I can not get into the settings for the navigation, when I scroll over to the map it is still giving me the, "Navigation not ready" message. I can not seem to find a fix! I did take it into the dealer and they informed me to go ahead and install the update. Now nothing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Is your Navigation System, REDEEM CODE activated? Did you go and enter you licence key code?

You need the Yamaha Tool Box software, off of the Yamaha USA or Canada site. Then you need to run it...and then create an account. THEN...(if this has not already done so...and if it did...you'd have the Navi Button lit up, and operational), use the REDEEM button...and then enter the Navigation Map licence code you got with all your documentation. Then, the map and the licence would download onto your USB Thumb Drive (that you had already put your bike's thumbprint on) If you have no idea what I am talking about...just go to the Yamaha USA site and see what you have to do, with their step-by-step, to get this all done.

What it sounds like to me at this moment, is that you do NOT have a licence key activated navigation map in place. Until I activated my key...and then placed the USB thumb drive into the bike, the map would not load in...

If this all sounds very confusing to you...just take a formatted clean USB thumb drive to your dealer...explain that you need to activate your navigation system...and take your REDEEM CODE with you. They should know exactly what to do...to help you further.
Thanks for your response! I had activated it prior to installing the update of the firmware. So I was working up until last weekend, then just quit! I have tried to re-enter the activation code and its telling me that the code has already been used. I did try to re-activate the Navi system this way and its still not working!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:50 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Villarreal View Post
Thanks for your response! I had activated it prior to installing the update of the firmware. So I was working up until last weekend, then just quit! I have tried to re-enter the activation code and its telling me that the code has already been used. I did try to re-activate the Navi system this way and its still not working!

Then you did everything right, on your end. I'd can only suggest that you now return once more to your dealer, and let them work with Yamaha to sort you out. I think that is you only option now. Sorry to see you have some issues!
I agree with Joe, and as I stated earlier, you need to go back to your dealership. Your problem sounded “ODD” from the start.
Given that you said it WAS working and now isn’t AFTER they did some work on it seems highly suspect
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I'm glad to say that with a little help from, or a lot of help should I say from a great guy in Japan who saw my post on Facebook who is also a member of a group there, I was able to get my Navi working again! Was really not that hard but it was fixed! It seems to be working fine now! I am planning to take it out and test it to see if its fully functional. Thanks to all who replied on here for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in