Pandora/Internet Issue Fix - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Pandora/Internet Issue Fix

Pandora/Internet issues. If you are having issues with Pandora/Internet connection I discovered today in my Pandora settings a "Launch from car" setting. I enabled that and all is good!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	42
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	82544  
Robert Villarreal likes this.

Rob - 18 Raspberry SVTC, 08 Pearl White Navi Goldwing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 12:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucfan11 View Post
Pandora/Internet issues. If you are having issues with Pandora/Internet connection I discovered today in my Pandora settings a "Launch from car" setting. I enabled that and all is good!
Thanks for info bucfan11. I’ve always used iHeartRadio but unfortunately, this system won’t play it except through the AUX connection.
I don’t know much about Pandora. Is it free like iHeartRadio?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Thanks for info bucfan11. Iíve always used iHeartRadio but unfortunately, this system wonít play it except through the AUX connection.
I donít know much about Pandora. Is it free like iHeartRadio?
It has free, plus and premium services. The free is pretty good so that is what I have. It is closer to Spotify than iHeart (it is NOT a live radio service).

Rob - 18 Raspberry SVTC, 08 Pearl White Navi Goldwing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 10:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for info bucfan11. I’ve always used iHeartRadio but unfortunately, this system won’t play it except through the AUX connection.
It has free, plus and premium services. The free is pretty good so that is what I have. It is closer to Spotify than iHeart (it is NOT a live radio service).
Normally I have a 32GB USB stick plugged into USB1 (right front) with a few thousand of my MP3’s in it.
In another thread I covered how to set it up so that the infotainment system can properly search and play the database by Somg, List, Title, Artist or Genre.
You might wanna check that out. Don’t go over a 32GB stick, the system will not be able to read it.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 11:35 AM

You *should* be fine using larger flash drives. The issue is larger ones come formated with exfat by default, and you will need to format them with fat32 first.
Atleast with usb sticks this should be the case (unless they did something really odd in the firmware). For sd cards they actually change the protocol they talk, so those aren't compatable at larger sizes, but usb sticks you should be good, as long as you reformat it to a normal fat32.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 11:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Normally I have a 32GB USB stick plugged into USB1 (right front) with a few thousand of my MP3’s in it.
In another thread I covered how to set it up so that the infotainment system can properly search and play the database by Somg, List, Title, Artist or Genre.
You might wanna check that out. Don’t go over a 32GB stick, the system will not be able to read it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdk View Post
You *should* be fine using larger flash drives. The issue is larger ones come formated with exfat by default, and you will need to format them with fat32 first.
Atleast with usb sticks this should be the case (unless they did something really odd in the firmware). For sd cards they actually change the protocol they talk, so those aren't compatable at larger sizes, but usb sticks you should be good, as long as you reformat it to a normal fat32.
How big are you talking? I didn’t have to fat32 format my 32GB, but you’re saying a 64GB would be formatted differently?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 11:37 PM

Garage
Quote:
ChiefGunner in witch thread did you leave instructions for setting up the USB stick for music to be found properly?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 10:03 AM

Yes, I know all usb sticks of 128gb are formatted with exfat by default. 32gb and smaller are fat32. I have seen mixed results with 64gb ones. This is also why most cameras and gopros say when you get a new card you must format it first.
The biggest difference is fat32 is limited to 4gb filesize, where exfat doesn't have this limit (2tb I think for a single file).
For music fat32 is going to be fine, but for videos it can get really annoying so exfat works a lot better since you don't need to split the videos up, but you have to pay microsoft licensing to use exfat so most nothing supports it other than your computer operating systems. (Linux support for exfat works, but is really slow)

This has been an issue with my car radio and cameras, as they both claim to only support 4gb, but I use 128gb in both of them without issues, as long as I formatted them to fat32 first. Camera is a nikon D70, from 2005, car is a 2011 juke. In the newer cars they support bluetooth media, so I can just use my phone without it being annoying.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 11:38 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Villarreal View Post
Quote:
ChiefGunner in witch thread did you leave instructions for setting up the USB stick for music to be found properly?
It’s in the thread “SVTC quirks & Oddities”.
It’s real simple, you just need to go into the properties for EACH SONG and make sure that the info is properly populated for Song TITLE, ALBUM, ARTIST & GENRE..
Once you do that, the system will be able to locate and play accordingly. I never use my AM/FM radio. Don’t need to.
Robert Villarreal likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode