The 2019 SVTC revealed... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

The 2019 SVTC revealed...

Post Edit: "Or not....!"

...and after watching what they did to the front end of the faring...eyebrows?!?!?!?!? I went out to my sleeping 2018...and bent down, and gave the top of the rider's back rest, a kiss,...patted the seat...and left the garage. I am VERY happy to have the '18 version...love my 'Barracuda' front end. I think my bike just went up in value, LOL! Each to their own, of course. So, nothing new behind the faring....yep...my 2018 has retained good value...

Looks like they added lights to the air intake scoops...in the dead center...or what I think are LED lights...if not, I don't know what they/that are/is?!?!? The intake scoop new design, to me is not along the lines of Classic, but looks like something from Star Trek. What drew me to the reveal of the 2018 SVTC was a classic, and V-twin tour-de-force. The new air scoop intake design, is too busy for my tastes. My comments, and critiques, are all personal reflections, and not meant to sway another's initial viewing, on what has changed for '19.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=lAKVMcmlLOo

My personal take?-----They are trying to bring in those that like the new 2018/19 Goldwing's front end appearance....hedging their bets...and that is 'my bet'...lol.

I wonder if they modified the cam lobe/H.D. lifter arrangement...roller bearing, maybe? Maybe not...for there hasn't been a large failure...only a few bikes...and what the owner chooses for oil...how they did their oil change...all of that, can be a large factor, if any failure is noted. My engine, has never had a failure, runs smooth, sounds right for an engine of this configuration, and I think if you put in a good premium synth...with additives that addresses high pressure, cam-lifter action...you'll travel thousands and thousands of care-free miles, years into the future!

Mechanically, there is nothing modified, new, or changed. You just WATCH the left over '18 models now fly out the dealership doors...for they are a good price right now...BUT...if a dealer is thinking the same thing I am...those end-of-season/year prices can start to climb back up to MSRP...especially if they have just tacked on 4-6 % MSRP for '19. My second 'take'? Watch for new members signing on within three months, stating they are the proud new owners of a "I got a great dealer motivated price on a 2018 SVTC/ELUDER!". Just me 'musing' out loud...but I think I have the handle on it...I'll just have to wait and see like the rest of us....

The following '18 front end...clean...the top deck, uncluttered.....'68 Barracuda, baby!

lesblank and Lonestar like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 11-08-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 04:35 PM

Garage
You know that was published 6 months ago and is an artist's concept...nothing factually based on what to actually expect from Yamaha for 2019 models.
Lonestar likes this.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afaycasaym View Post
You know that was published 6 months ago and is an artist's concept...nothing factually based on what to actually expect from Yamaha for 2019 models.
Well, it does not look like a mock up at all...and quite a production unit. They do produce, in the June of the current year, for the next model year...so this might be just the real deal....certainly does not look like a mock-up/artist rendering, to myself. The fact that Honda already has posted to their official websites, their released 2019 (even if it has no changes from the '18 release) has perhaps, a lot of us scratching our heads, with us heading towards mid-month November....and not even the dealers having any information or invitation to view the 2019 SVTC/Eluder...well, you can fill in the blanks, if this is indeed not a true, leaked view.
Lonestar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaycasaym View Post
Well, it does not look like a mock up at all...and quite a production unit. They do produce, in the June of the current year, for the next model year...so this might be just the real deal....certainly does not look like a mock-up/artist rendering, to myself. The fact that Honda already has posted to their official websites, their released 2019 (even if it has no changes from the '18 release) has perhaps, a lot of us scratching our heads, with us heading towards mid-month November....and not even the dealers having any information or invitation to view the 2019 SVTC/Eluder...well, you can fill in the blanks, if this is indeed not a true, leaked view.
I called Yamaha the other day and voiced my (OUR) concerns about that very thing.
NO info about 2019, NO info about software upgrades to address concerns we’ve all shared. Their silence on the matter doesn’t give us current owners the “warm fuzzies” about any of this.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
I called Yamaha the other day and voiced my (OUR) concerns about that very thing.
NO info about 2019, NO info about software upgrades to address concerns we’ve all shared. Their silence on the matter doesn’t give us current owners the “warm fuzzies” about any of this.
No Tony (Chief), it doesn't...we should have had the Head Logic software and Navigation 'maintenance' before even mid August. Honda has already released their Navigation update to add waypoints, etc...and have announced a new map near about the Spring. What have we had from Yamaha USA/CAN? Nothing...and I'm sorry, but I tag that a black mark against them. This is my second Yamaha motorcycle purchase...(I love the bike...) and that aside, I have not been impressed at all, with Yamaha's client pathway...not at all.

If we don't see an announcement within the next six weeks, for a download update to address what we have all been calling in about...well, can't speak for anybody else...but this will be the LAST Yamaha (anything... marine motor, lawn care, snow machine...ANYTHING) that I will ever buy off of them. This is a high end, multi THOUSAND dollar motorcycle...and where is Yamaha Corp...showing their customer/client support, to deliver the best usage experience for those that have invested in their Mark?

Let them get off of their ass*ss, and put pressure on their sub contractors, like Harmon Kardon...for the abysmal Navigation product that is being complained about, not only on the SVTC, but on the 2018 Wing as well. They went cheap, leaving Garmin...and we are stuck with the sub-par Navigation experience. You don't even get cross over streets to show up...while in a non-dedicated end point, usage of the HK nav system...egregiously and totally unacceptable. Yamaha...where the ***HELL*** are you?!?!? The bike was released to the public, in December/17! Take care of those that invested in your high end, touring product...or I swear...this WILL be the last I will ever purchase from you...! I probably have one more dedicated touring 'new bike purchase' left in my pursuit and hobby...but if no updates are coming...leaving owners high and dry....this will be the last bike with the Yamaha logo in my garage....

Yamaha....want to respond? We're all ears....
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:13 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
No Tony (Chief), it doesn't...we should have had the Head Logic software and Navigation 'maintenance' before even mid August. Honda has already released their Navigation update to add waypoints, etc...and have announced a new map near about the Spring. What have we had from Yamaha USA/CAN? Nothing...and I'm sorry, but I tag that a black mark against them. This is my second Yamaha motorcycle purchase...(I love the bike...) and that aside, I have not been impressed at all, with Yamaha's client pathway...not at all.

If we don't see an announcement within the next six weeks, for a download update to address what we have all been calling in about...well, can't speak for anybody else...but this will be the LAST Yamaha (anything... marine motor, lawn care, snow machine...ANYTHING) that I will ever buy off of them. This is a high end, multi THOUSAND dollar motorcycle...and where is Yamaha Corp...showing their customer/client support, to deliver the best usage experience for those that have invested in their Mark?

Let them get off of their ass*ss, and put pressure on their sub contractors, like Harmon Kardon...for the abysmal Navigation product that is being complained about, not only on the SVTC, but on the 2018 Wing as well. They went cheap, leaving Garmin...and we are stuck with the sub-par Navigation experience. You don't even get cross over streets to show up...while in a non-dedicated end point, usage of the HK nav system...egregiously and totally unacceptable. Yamaha...where the ***HELL*** are you?!?!? The bike was released to the public, in December/17! Take care of those that invested in your high end, touring product...or I swear...this WILL be the last I will ever purchase from you...! I probably have one more dedicated touring 'new bike purchase' left in my pursuit and hobby...but if no updates are coming...leaving owners high and dry....this will be the last bike with the Yamaha logo in my garage....

I’m right there with you Joe.

YAMAHA, are you listening???

1. Navigation has ONLY 5 WAY POINTS - FAILURE TO ADDRESS THIS!
2. Navigation MUST ENTER COUNTRY EVERY TIME - FAILURE TO ADDRESS THIS!
3. Navigation CANNOT SAVE ANY ADDRESS BY NAME - FAILURE TO ADDRESS THIS!
4. Navigation DOESN’T RECOGNIZE WHAT STATE I’M IN - FAILURE TO ADDRESS THIS!
5. Communications with passenger NOT SEPARATED FROM C.B. TRANSMISSIONS WHEN C.B. IS ON - FAILURE TO ADDRESS THIS!
6. Navigation DISPLAYS NO STREET INFORMATION UNLESS DESTINATION IS SET - FAILURE TO ADDRESS ISSUE!
7. Gear Indicator CANNOT TELL WHAT GEAR BIKE IS IN WITH CLUTCH LEVER PULLED - FAILURE TO ADDRESS ISSUE!

99% of ALL ISSUES can be corrected with a software update!

YAMAHA - GET YOUR CRAP TOGETHER before this turns into the biggest financial failure of your existence!! You are losing your “HONOR”!

Signed: ALL Star Venture Owners in the U.S. & Canada
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:41 PM

I would not belly ache too much about the Navigation system, Harley Davidson Navigation on my 2016 Ultra Limited got four or five updates and until the last one it would tell you to go left when you needed to go right or the reverse.

Harley Davidson had all kinds of issues with their navigation system so just because you are getting updates does not mean things are getting fixed in Harleys case they would fix one thing and break two or three other things.

I have had that same issue with my Bicycle Garmin 1030 computers with navigation, Garmin has issued more updates then I can count and they have just finally got that system to be reliable for the most part. They would issue an update and a whole new set of issues would turn up.

The way construction goes on it is hard for any of them to keep up.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 07:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
I would not belly ache too much about the Navigation system, Harley Davidson Navigation on my 2016 Ultra Limited got four or five updates and until the last one it would tell you to go left when you needed to go right or the reverse.

Harley Davidson had all kinds of issues with their navigation system so just because you are getting updates does not mean things are getting fixed in Harleys case they would fix one thing and break two or three other things.

I have had that same issue with my Bicycle Garmin 1030 computers with navigation, Garmin has issued more updates then I can count and they have just finally got that system to be reliable for the most part. They would issue an update and a whole new set of issues would turn up.

The way construction goes on it is hard for any of them to keep up.
HD has been about 10 years behind technological power curve, so that’s not surprising. Navigational issues aside, the one about having secure passenger communications WITHOUT it being broadcast on C.B. Is extremely important.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:

I for one hope those people at Yamaha Star Motorcycles are paying attention here too Mr. Excellence!! My wife and I have been eagerly demoing/testing and following the releases of all the new bikes (have not tested the new BMW Grand American yet) and must say, we were impressed with what Yamaha did with this bike and keeping a very close eye on it/the forums. While I still do not see comparable MSRP value to that of the new Honda Goldwing (LOTS of obvious RnD money spent on that one and, my goodness, what a bike - definitely closer to being worth the asking from my perspective) and was somewhat puzzled by some of the stories I had read online about dealerships in Canada and the U.S. being sold out of the new Venture over the summer. I am now shocked to see how the truth was stretched because of the amount of new 2018 left over Ventures and Eluders there are on the market and how competitively they are priced (my neighbor caved in and bought a new/left over SVTC Trans for $19600 - the dealership told him they would not be taking any 2019's in because the bike seemed to be a very hard sell - deals are definitely out there!!). We almost bought one too but, because of a good case of 1st year bike buying geebies and wanting to wait and see how many of these types of real life unhappy (or happy) posts I/we will be reading from people who had jumped in and had been given time to work thru possible internet hype it looks/sounds like we may have been wise to give time for the smoke to clear.
Hopefully this response aids in getting Star Yamaha to take the necessary steps to get behind their offerings and stand by the fine people like Mr. Excellence and others here who put their faith in and who spent the big $$'s in betting on the new Venture!! Calling to memory of what happened to the wholesale/trade-in value of some of the other bikes with this similar motor (Stratoliner/Roadliner) when they did not sell and new left overs were easily had for under 11,000 U.S. dollars for brand new machines, one could easily see where Yamaha may very well be painting themselves into that exact perverbial corner of failure if they do not listen to faithful buyers like you Sir!!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post

I for one hope those people at Yamaha Star Motorcycles are paying attention here too Mr. Excellence!! My wife and I have been eagerly demoing/testing and following the releases of all the new bikes (have not tested the new BMW Grand American yet) and must say, we were impressed with what Yamaha did with this bike and keeping a very close eye on it/the forums. While I still do not see comparable MSRP value to that of the new Honda Goldwing (LOTS of obvious RnD money spent on that one and, my goodness, what a bike - definitely closer to being worth the asking from my perspective) and was somewhat puzzled by some of the stories I had read online about dealerships in Canada and the U.S. being sold out of the new Venture over the summer. I am now shocked to see how the truth was stretched because of the amount of new 2018 left over Ventures and Eluders there are on the market and how competitively they are priced (my neighbor caved in and bought a new/left over SVTC Trans for $19600 - the dealership told him they would not be taking any 2019's in because the bike seemed to be a very hard sell - deals are definitely out there!!). We almost bought one too but, because of a good case of 1st year bike buying geebies and wanting to wait and see how many of these types of real life unhappy (or happy) posts I/we will be reading from people who had jumped in and had been given time to work thru possible internet hype it looks/sounds like we may have been wise to give time for the smoke to clear.
Hopefully this response aids in getting Star Yamaha to take the necessary steps to get behind their offerings and stand by the fine people like Mr. Excellence and others here who put their faith in and who spent the big $$'s in betting on the new Venture!! Calling to memory of what happened to the wholesale/trade-in value of some of the other bikes with this similar motor (Stratoliner/Roadliner) when they did not sell and new left overs were easily had for under 11,000 U.S. dollars for brand new machines, one could easily see where Yamaha may very well be painting themselves into that exact perverbial corner of failure if they do not listen to faithful buyers like you Sir!!
To address your consideration on the BMW Grand American, I recommend some additional research. The GA was at the top of my list until a significant stability issue surfaced. BMW is aware of the issue and limited the bike to 100 mph or 85 mph loaded with luggage and a passenger. Numerous owners experience severe instability at freeway speeds especially when behind large vehicles like big rigs. I've ridden the Bagger model several times and the GA once but not long enough to experience this issue personally. I have a friend who owned one for a week then traded it in on a BMW GTL due to this issue...of course with a $4500 loss.

Based on my continued search for the best touring bike for me, currently at the top of my list is the 2019 Indian Roadmaster then the Indian Chieftain followed by Yamaha. It appears the SVTC bandwagon was a short trip, but not a surprise for me based on Yamaha's past practices in fixing issues and updates. Not uncommon for updates and changes to take years. I find it amusing that no so long ago anyone initiating anything negative was labeled a troll and dismissed. I am curious if any changes will be made when Yamaha releases the 19 models...I won't hold my breath. I am still a Yamaha fan and I love my Roadstars. Good luck with your decision on a touring bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode