While we're waiting for the 2020 model..lol---> - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

While we're waiting for the 2020 model...

..this is a good valuation and review of the feature set of the 2018 SVTC. I concur...for I own one... Political Speak: "I er...approve of this message..."

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/r...rcycle-review/
lesblank and Lonestar like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 11-18-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 10:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
..this is a good valuation and review of the feature set of the 2018 SVTC. I concur...for I own one... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] Political Speak: "I er...approve of this message..." [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

While reading the article it became evident that this is just a written report of the video he did. The identical things were stated in the ride review video. One which I watched AT LEAST 20 TIMES while I was waiting for delivery of my bike! 😁
Lonestar likes this.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
..this is a good valuation and review of the feature set of the 2018 SVTC. I concur...for I own one... Political Speak: "I er...approve of this message..."

Indeed, that is very well written Sir! I noticed that the article claims a standard 5 year Yamaha warranty making me wonder how old the article is. A buddy just grabbed a new left over SVTC Transcontinental (he simply could not pass up the deal of under 20 grand) and it appears his came with a standard 1 year factory warranty and an additional Star 4 year extended service contract. Maybe dropping part of the actual 5 year factory warranty as mentioned in the article was part of the reason he got such a super deal..
At any rate though, he DEFINITELY got a lot of motorcycle for the money cause it is GORGEOUS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
While reading the article it became evident that this is just a written report of the video he did. The identical things were stated in the ride review video. One which I watched AT LEAST 20 TIMES while I was waiting for delivery of my bike! 😁
Can you post a link to that @ChiefGunner? I would love to see it!!
Thanks!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
Indeed, that is very well written Sir! I noticed that the article claims a standard 5 year Yamaha warranty making me wonder how old the article is. A buddy just grabbed a new left over SVTC Transcontinental (he simply could not pass up the deal of under 20 grand) and it appears his came with a standard 1 year factory warranty and an additional Star 4 year extended service contract. Maybe dropping part of the actual 5 year factory warranty as mentioned in the article was part of the reason he got such a super deal..
At any rate though, he DEFINITELY got a lot of motorcycle for the money cause it is GORGEOUS!!
The warranty has always been a one year factory warranty and four year yes warranty from the start, there has never been a five year factory warranty.

You can even buy an additional four year yes warranty on top of that for a total of nine years of warranty. I know the electronics are included in the first four years of the yes warranty but I don't know if they would continue to be covered under the additional four years of yes warranty that you purchased which would cover the motorcycle for years 6, 7, 8 and 9. Electronics are something that if they are going to fail they normally will fail quickly into their life span and if they are ok they will last for many years so I doubt years 6 through 9 are that important on the electronics but you would be covered for all the major mechanical components.

Last edited by American; 11-18-2018 at 10:48 AM.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Yep...while waiting for ours...must have been viewed like you, at least...20-100 times, lol! It made the waiting for notice from the dealer, less painful!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 06:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
The warranty has always been a one year factory warranty and four year yes warranty from the start, there has never been a five year factory warranty.

You can even buy an additional four year yes warranty on top of that for a total of nine years of warranty. I know the electronics are included in the first four years of the yes warranty but I don't know if they would continue to be covered under the additional four years of yes warranty that you purchased which would cover the motorcycle for years 6, 7, 8 and 9. Electronics are something that if they are going to fail they normally will fail quickly into their life span and if they are ok they will last for many years so I doubt years 6 through 9 are that important on the electronics but you would be covered for all the major mechanical components.
Very true concerning the warranty Bill. As a a matter of fact, you can go in at any time before the 5 yrs expires and have the bike inspected and get the additional 4 years.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 06:19 PM

I purchased the additional four years of YES warranty when I purchased my Star Venture Transcontinental so I am covered for nine years, 1 year factory warranty, followed by the included 4 years of YES warranty for five years of included warranty followed 4 more years of YES warranty that I purchased when I bought the Star Venture Transcontinental.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 07:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
I purchased the additional four years of YES warranty when I purchased my Star Venture Transcontinental so I am covered for nine years, 1 year factory warranty, followed by the included 4 years of YES warranty for five years of included warranty followed 4 more years of YES warranty that I purchased when I bought the Star Venture Transcontinental.
OR you could do as you did and get it at the time of purchase. 😁. Either way, it IS available.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 08:26 AM

It will be interesting to watch as the SVTC matures to see what kind of repairs pop up. One of the reasons I bought the SVTC (the amazing ride and features was the main point), was that I had over 15 years on my 2003 V-Star 1100 without a single repair. I also had 2 TTR-250s during that time which never needed a thing fixed. I have immense trust in Yamaha's quality. Now I know the V-Star was a simpler bike and had zero high-tech gadgetry. But my first inclination is to say I don't need to pay to cover something that's not going to ever break. The good thing is that I'll have 5 years to get a good feel for how well built it is. I guess it is still relatively cheap insurance though - I can only imagine the cost to repair of some of the systems on this bike. Hopefully members here will keep us all informed of problems and issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode