OMG! Break out the Champagne! BIG NEWS! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

OMG! Break out the Champagne! BIG NEWS!

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Break out the 'frizzle'....take a big GULP! Sit back, and read on....****GREAT NEWS**** and remember who broke it first, lol....****MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HANUKA****!!!!!

...and now...(drum roll...) the REST of the story...:

From my dealer conversation with the owner, just minutes ago...I just hung up!----------->

There will ***BE*** a 2019 (and ***beyond***) Yamaha SVTC/Eluder model

They (Yamaha Corp) have acknowledged that the one main criticism of the 2018 production bike (in features, was the LAME GPS/Navigation system, notably the software/features set that drives it. There is a MAJOR software update that is going to be released for the '18, and will come resident on the 2019. That is one thing.

Secondly, they are aware of the fact that some owners have experienced a cam lobe/follower burnishing and burning failure, due to choice of oils the owner has decided to put in, and they are investigating that, (my dealer said, as was said to him in the meeting/update phone call) that there is going to be a Yamaha response to it...and most likely a roller-bearing solution, (this is not confirmed, but what is confirmed is that Yamaha is responding to this) that if that is so, on the 2019's, will be addressed free of charge to the owners of 2018's as a general re-call. It is not a fatal mechanical flaw...not everybody has experienced from the first mile ridden, such as I and my wife has not experienced this...(did use Yamaha full syn 15W50 with ester, after swapping out the break in 10W40) but...they have delayed the 2019 for this reason..(testing) as well as the MAJOR upgrade/update for software, which he was told, is why there was no model announcement for the 2019 year ***TO DATE***.

He was told a few days ago, at his Yamaha Dealer interaction.

This is their Flag Ship model...and they absolutely are in it for the long haul.... He also said, that like you, Joe...not one of the owners (he sold four as a total for 2018) has come back with any critical comment, or buyer's remorse...only that the Navigation System (software) was weak, and could be much better. Nobody has criticized the ride, comfort, other features, and as you, the bike would have to be pulled basically, from their cold, dead, hands....so..Yamaha knows from TRUE OWNER feedback, that they built a Grand Touring ****WINNER***! Folks...your 2018 SVTC/ELUDER just went up in value, let alone any financial loss, due to 'the one year wonder' syndrome. That...is no longer, in play...( )...for there WILL be an upward pressure (Hooray!) on the MSRP, due to inflation and escalating, yearly production costs....YIPPEE...let them go up $3,000 to $5,000 'big ones' in the next few model years, for all I care...for WE HAVE ONE....lol...and....and...no new features....(the bike already has everything you could want...!) just was told, colors...but, was not told what the colors, (two) will be. I can't pass that on....I don't know...

Finally one more thing....you MUST (as we basically all did, at the get-go) and knowing now that the model is $$$$ and they don't want dealers sitting with stock for weeks (into months) or such...and that buyers later...can 'play the stock'...to negotiate a steal'er price...you can only get one, from here on out...on a one-on-one PRE-ORDER...in other words...to the buyer...either sh**, or get off the pot....put your money down...like we did...and you will be put into the delivery cue. This is going to protect and reassure Yamaha Dealers, that won't see a fair-cost of business, profit-margin flush down the toilet from 2019, on. ***VERY SMART, move by Yamaha Corp.**** That cuts off all the lay-back-and wait for 'left' over stock next season. What has this done for our 2018 investment...Yamaha has just protected us, as well...our bikes have just had a built in residual retainment as each year, the MSRP climbs in inflation and production cost pressures....Man...this is a very clever move by Yamaha...as they DID learn from their mistakes for the 2018 release....too many bikes were sitting on the showroom floors, as they did not know how well, this $$$$-expensive top tier bike was going to move....but they learned..and we 2018 investors/owners...have now been protected as well...

Trade in or private sale time? NO PROBLEM.....your 2018 SVTC/Eluder '18, is going to be sought after, by other's watching the MSRP climb 4.5% each following model year.....just like the prior Wing market...no......PROBLEM! I am ecstatic, this afternoon....!!!! I hope all we legitimate owners...after reading this post...are as well...****MERRY CHRISTMAS**** from Joe and his great relationship with his Yamaha Dealer...

"Ho...ho...and HOOOOOOOOO!"

Santa Joe...
lesblank and Lonestar like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 11-27-2018 at 09:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 07:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
HeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Break out the 'frizzle'....take a big GULP! Sit back, and read on....****GREAT NEWS**** and remember who broke it first, lol....****MERRY EARLY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HANUKA****!!!!!

...and now...(drum roll...) the REST of the story...:

From my dealer conversation with the owner, just minutes ago...I just hung up!----------->

There will ***BE*** a 2019 (and ***beyond***) Yamaha SVTC/Eluder model

They (Yamaha Corp) have acknowledged that the one main criticism of the 2018 production bike (in features, was the LAME GPS/Navigation system, notably the software/features set that drives it. There is a MAJOR software update that is going to be released for the '18, and will come resident on the 2019. That is one thing.

Secondly, they are aware of the fact that some owners have experienced a cam lobe/follower burnishing and burning failure, due to choice of oils the owner has decided to put in, and they are investigating that, (my dealer said, as was said to him in the meeting/update phone call) that there is going to be a Yamaha response to it...and most likely a roller-bearing solution, (this is not confirmed, but what is confirmed is that Yamaha is responding to this) that if that is so, on the 2019's, will be addressed free of charge to the owners of 2018's as a general re-call. It is not a fatal mechanical flaw...not everybody has experienced from the first mile ridden, such as I and my wife has not experienced this...(did use Yamaha full syn 15W50 with ester, after swapping out the break in 10W40) but...they have delayed the 2019 for this reason..(testing) as well as the MAJOR upgrade/update for software, which he was told, is why there was no model announcement for the 2019 year ***TO DATE***.

He was told a few days ago, at his Yamaha Dealer interaction.

This is their Flag Ship model...and they absolutely are in it for the long haul.... He also said, that like you, Joe...not one of the owners (he sold four as a total for 2018) has come back with any critical comment, or buyer's remorse...only that the Navigation System (software) was weak, and could be much better. Nobody has criticized the ride, comfort, other features, and as you, the bike would have to be pulled basically, from their cold, dead, hands....so..Yamaha knows from TRUE OWNER feedback, that they built a Grand Touring ****WINNER***! Folks...your 2018 SVTC/ELUDER just went up in value, let alone any financial loss, due to 'the one year wonder' syndrome. That...is no longer, in play...( [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] )...for there WILL be an upward pressure (Hooray!) on the MSRP, due to inflation and production costs....YIPPEE...let them go up $3,000 to 5,000 $$$$ for all I care...for WE HAVE ONE....lol...and....and...no new features....(the bike already has everything you could want...!) just was told, colors...but, was not told what the colors, two will be. I can't pass that on....I don't know...

Finally one more thing....you MUST (as we basically all did, at the get-go) and knowing now that the model is $$$$ and they don't want dealers sitting with stock for weeks (into months) or such...and that buyers later...can 'play the stock'...to negotiate a steal'er price...you can only get one, from here on out...on a one-on-one PRE-ORDER...in other words...to the buyer...either sh**, or get off the pot....put your money down...like we did...and you will be put into the delivery cue. This is going to protect and reassure Yamaha Dealers, that won't see a fair-cost of business, profit-margin flush down the toilet from 2019, on. ***VERY SMART, move by Yamaha Corp.**** That cuts off all the lay-back-and wait for 'left' over stock next season. What has this done for our 2018 investment...Yamaha has just protected us, as well...our bikes have just had a built in residual retainment as each year, the MSRP climbs in inflation and production cost pressures....Man...this is a very clever move by Yamaha...as they DID learn from their mistakes for the 2018 release....too many bikes were sitting on the showroom floors, as they did not know how well, this $$$$-expensive top tier bike was going to move....but they learned..and we 2018 investors/owners...have now been protected as well...

Trade in or private sale time? NO PROBLEM.....your 2018 SVTC/Eluder '18, is going to be sought after, by other's watching the MSRP climb 4.5% each following model year.....just like the prior Wing market...no......PROBLEM! I am ecstatic, this afternoon....!!!! I hope all we legitimate owners...after reading this post...are as well...****MERRY CHRISTMAS**** from Joe and his great relationship with his Yamaha Dealer...

"Ho...ho...and HOOOOOOOOO!"

Santa Joe...[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
What that confirms to me Joe is that Yamaha listened when I (and other owners) called/wrote to address KKOWN issues. Particularly since most (except for the valves) could be addressed by software changes.
Also, if you remember I just got done describing what could be taking place and causing the delay... “motor testing after valve design changes”.... “parts manufacturing to cover recall plus new bike production”.... “software upgrades & testing”. Didn’t mean to be “prophetic” about it, but apparently I was spot on!

I believe the software update will give us MORE navigational way points (complained about).. Able to save addresses by NAME not number (complained about)... GPS will know WHERE you’re at (no entering country every time)... There WILL be separation between voice comms & C.B. when both are on (complained about)... Glitch’s causing system to “hang” resolved (complained about)... NAV will show street names REGARDLESS if destination is entered (complained about).
I am SOOO excited to finally be able to experience the FULL POTENTIAL INTENDED with this Grand Touring Machine!
Merry Christmas and THANK YOU Yamaha!
I’m glad to see that despite our momentary wavering on your commitment, YOU (Yamaha) did NOT waiver on your commitment to US your customers.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 02:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
What that confirms to me Joe is that Yamaha listened when I (and other owners) called/wrote to address KKOWN issues. Particularly since most (except for the valves) could be addressed by software changes.
Also, if you remember I just got done describing what could be taking place and causing the delay... “motor testing after valve design changes”.... “parts manufacturing to cover recall plus new bike production”.... “software upgrades & testing”. Didn’t mean to be “prophetic” about it, but apparently I was spot on!

I believe the software update will give us MORE navigational way points (complained about).. Able to save addresses by NAME not number (complained about)... GPS will know WHERE you’re at (no entering country every time)... There WILL be separation between voice comms & C.B. when both are on (complained about)... Glitch’s causing system to “hang” resolved (complained about)... NAV will show street names REGARDLESS if destination is entered (complained about).
I am SOOO excited to finally be able to experience the FULL POTENTIAL INTENDED with this Grand Touring Machine!
I’m glad to see that despite our momentary wavering on your commitment, YOU (Yamaha) did NOT waiver on your commitment to US your customers.
I guess...lol, that by just your one comment, in over 80 views, ...nobody else much cares who actually owns an SVTC/Eluder, but we two...what a hoot!~

I also like the part that now will give reassurance to all Yamaha Dealers, in that no matter what the up-take speed of this bike is...into the future...it will be purchased only by pre-order, you plop down the green, you get. No more bikes sitting on showroom floors, 'waiting' for the buyer/owner. No more...folks playing the 'how low...will it go, game'. Yamaha is now protecting its flagship image, as well as those that have partaken of the model. They are now (very smart) going to live-time, stock manage their most expensive MSRP. This not only removes the 'as low as it will go' sale...but will maintain residual value for the brand. Very smart of Yamaha, and obviously they took away 'lessons learned' in the RTM year...as well as avoiding Dealers that will not wish to stock a few models in the showroom, but instead----> have sales 'just in time' after pre-order contract, and $$$ procured.......very smart...and very good for we 2018 owners. Very smart game play, now. This will protect Yamaha Dealers and bottom line, fair and reasonable profit, and SVTC/Eluder current owner's ,residual trade-in value!

You want to see one? Go to a demo ride, and ride it, go to a motorcycle show like Long Beach and view it, sit on it...talk to Sales Staff who are knowledgeable about the bike... Then...if you are a true prospective...and not a tire kicker, or 'as low as it can go' delay/hold-out buyer....you order one, at your dealer of choice...and 1 to 14 days later, it arrives from the Yamaha Warehouse. Way better marketing of a bike that comes with a $$$ price tag. You go, Yamaha....2018 end-of-season, Dealer Panic fire sales...and 'as low as it can go' sales seen in the RTM riding season (2018) are over, starting in the 2019 model year. I also bet, that as soon as most Dealers get updated, and the new marketing strategy for the SVTC/Eluder sinks in...those present 2018 stock 'fire/panic prices' from dealers...will evaporate, with most of those ads being taken down, and $3,000-$4,000 gets slapped back on the 'left over's' as some guys like to refer to them...especially if $1,000-$1,200.00 in inflation and cost to produce, gets tagged onto the 2019 MSRP model year!

Bottom line, Chief, 8 to 10 years from 2018, it will still be the sweet-spot to Trade In, and still get 50 percent of the purchase price back, as I got 65 percent back for my 2008 GL1800. We're back in the game...because of the smart way, Yamaha is now going to stock-handle, the Flag Ship... Lovin' it!

"Looking now, even more with anticipation, to our Tour of the Mountain States of the Northwest USA early next year,...that my wife and I now will ride once more, with Yamaha watching our '6'... YES!"

Joe
Lonestar likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 11-27-2018 at 04:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 07:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

I guess...lol, that by just your one comment, in over 80 views, ...nobody else much cares who actually owns an SVTC/Eluder, but we two...what a hoot!~

I also like the part that now will give reassurance to all Yamaha Dealers, in that no matter what the up-take speed of this bike is...into the future...it will be purchased only by pre-order, you plop down the green, you get. No more bikes sitting on showroom floors, 'waiting' for the buyer/owner. No more...folks playing the 'how low...will it go, game'. Yamaha is now protecting its flagship image, as well as those that have partaken of the model. They are now (very smart) going to live-time, stock manage their most expensive MSRP. This not only removes the 'as low as it will go' sale...but will maintain residual value for the brand. Very smart of Yamaha, and obviously they took away 'lessons learned' in the RTM year...as well as avoiding Dealers that will not wish to stock a few models in the showroom, but instead----> have sales 'just in time' after pre-order contract, and $$$ procured.......very smart...and very good for we 2018 owners. Very smart game play, now. This will protect Yamaha Dealers and bottom line, fair and reasonable profit, and SVTC/Eluder current owner's ,residual trade-in value!

You want to see one? Go to a demo ride, and ride it, go to a motorcycle show like Long Beach and view it, sit on it...talk to Sales Staff who are knowledgeable about the bike... Then...if you are a true prospective...and not a tire kicker, or 'as low as it can go' delay/hold-out buyer....you order one, at your dealer of choice...and 1 to 14 days later, it arrives from the Yamaha Warehouse. Way better marketing of a bike that comes with a $$$ price tag. You go, Yamaha....2018 end-of-season, Dealer Panic fire sales...and 'as low as it can go' sales seen in the RTM riding season (2018) are over, starting in the 2019 model year. I also bet, that as soon as most Dealers get updated, and the new marketing strategy for the SVTC/Eluder sinks in...those present 2018 stock 'fire/panic prices' from dealers...will evaporate, with most of those ads being taken down, and $3,000-$4,000 gets slapped back on the 'left over's' as some guys like to refer to them...especially if $1,000-$1,200.00 in inflation and cost to produce, gets tagged onto the 2019 MSRP model year!

Bottom line, Chief, 8 to 10 years from 2018, it will still be the sweet-spot to Trade In, and still get 50 percent of the purchase price back, as I got 65 percent back for my 2008 GL1800. We're back in the game...because of the smart way, Yamaha is now going to stock-handle, the Flag Ship... [IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] Lovin' it!

"Looking now, even more with anticipation, to our Tour of the Mountain States of the Northwest USA early next year,...that my wife and I now will ride once more, with Yamaha watching our '6'...[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] YES!"

Joe
Yes Joe, like playing the margin in the market those who waited playing the ODDS just lost! Kudos to Yamaha on the shrewd correction to a disasterous first year release;. They really did a “market correction” here!
Like you, I’m looking forward even MORE to showcasing this Grand Touring machine on our coast to coast trip!
Somehow looking at Big Red in the garage she seems to shine a bit brighter and stand a bit prouder. 😁
Seems Yamaha KNEW they had a winner and took the cue from those high end exotic car makers who do not stock cars. This REALLY protects their value cuz you can’t just get them anywhere at some fire sale.
Yamaha, THANK YOU!

Lonestar, if you’re reading what’s going on, you better “JUMP” dude or your gonna be SOL.
Lonestar likes this.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Yes Joe, like playing the margin in the market those who waited playing the ODDS just lost! Kudos to Yamaha on the shrewd correction to a disasterous first year release;. They really did a “market correction” here!
Like you, I’m looking forward even MORE to showcasing this Grand Touring machine on our coast to coast trip!
Somehow looking at Big Red in the garage she seems to shine a bit brighter and stand a bit prouder. 😁
Seems Yamaha KNEW they had a winner and took the cue from those high end exotic car makers who do not stock cars. This REALLY protects their value cuz you can’t just get them anywhere at some fire sale.
Yamaha, THANK YOU!

Lonestar, if you’re reading what’s going on, you better “JUMP” dude or your gonna be SOL.
Lonestar, if you’re reading what’s going on, you better “JUMP” dude or your gonna be SOL.<------------------------------------Yeah, Tony...that's my take as well, LOL! Yamaha Marketing has got this right going forward in 2019!...like anything truly in demand generated by restricted controlled release, THEY will now control the 'demand'....very smart! Charlotte is looking even more beautiful than even yesterday...what a gal! Can't wait to wake her up, next April!!!!!! Dee-Dee and I are going places.....

You said: Seems Yamaha KNEW they had a winner and took the cue from those high end exotic car makers who do not stock cars. This REALLY protects their value cuz you can’t just get them anywhere at some fire sale.

That..is so true now, Chief.... Diamonds are a controlled RTM. Gold, the same....Perfume, the same. Now...Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental's....THE SAME! I am dancin' on airwaves this morning....Go Yamaha Marketing Division! You screwed up, in '18, and pulled the iron outta the fire, in '19 onwards....the bike, needed no 'apologists'. What it needed---> was creative marketing, in a tough, tough declining market as seen today. You (Yamaha) thought this through...and adapted. Kudos...
Lonestar likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 11-27-2018 at 09:27 AM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 09:46 AM

My ears were ringing and now I see why!!! This is excellent news Mr. Excellence,, congrats to you, Mr. Gunner, myself and EVERYONE interested in actually trancontinentally touring on a motorcycle!
You guys got me so excited here at work that I am hiding behind a file cabinet in a data processing room at work to respond here (cant be on long LOL) cause I just HAD to say congrats and THANK Mr. Excellence for getting the job done for us!! And a HUGE thanks to Yamaha for coming thru!! Also, I totally understand the whole JIT approach to inventory control (it's part of my job) and am with you two, Yamaha may have just saved the life line of the model!!
I checked my e-mail this morning and heard nothing yet myself Mr. Excellence so you DEFINITELY have Yamaha's ear!!!
Back to work to earn $$$'s..
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 09:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Somehow looking at Big Red in the garage she seems to shine a bit brighter and stand a bit prouder. &#x1f601;
Yamaha, THANK YOU!

Lonestar, if you’re reading what’s going on, you better “JUMP” dude or your gonna be SOL.<------------------------------------Yeah, Tony...that's my take as well, LOL! Yamaha Marketing has got this right going forward in 2019!...like anything truly in demand generated by restricted controlled release, THEY will now control the 'demand'....very smart! Charlotte is looking even more beautiful than even yesterday...what a gal! Can't wait to wake her up, next April!!!!!! Dee-Dee and I are going places.....

You said: Seems Yamaha KNEW they had a winner and took the cue from those high end exotic car makers who do not stock cars. This REALLY protects their value cuz you can’t just get them anywhere at some fire sale.

That..is so true now, Chief.... Diamonds are a controlled RTM. Gold, the same....Perfume, the same. Now...Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental's....THE SAME! I am dancin' on airwaves this morning....Go Yamaha Marketing Division! You screwed up, in '18, and pulled the iron outta the fire, in '19 onwards....the bike, needed no 'apologists'. What it needed---> was creative marketing, in a tough, tough declining market as seen today. You (Yamaha) thought this through...and adapted. Kudos...
I don’t wanna throw water on your fire BUT, Big Red is going out this weekend! High of 60 on Saturday & 70 on Sunday! Woo Hoo!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
My ears were ringing and now I see why!!! This is excellent news Mr. Excellence,, congrats to you, Mr. Gunner, myself and EVERYONE interested in actually trancontinentally touring on a motorcycle!
You guys got me so excited here at work that I am hiding behind a file cabinet in a data processing room at work to respond here (cant be on long LOL) cause I just HAD to say congrats and THANK Mr. Excellence for getting the job done for us!! And a HUGE thanks to Yamaha for coming thru!! Also, I totally understand the whole JIT approach to inventory control (it's part of my job) and am with you two, Yamaha may have just saved the life line of the model!!
I checked my e-mail this morning and heard nothing yet myself Mr. Excellence so you DEFINITELY have Yamaha's ear!!!
Back to work to earn $$$'s..
Hey there, LoneStar...actually, while I had been in contact with Yamaha Canada myself, just like Chief did at his end at the USA site,....and who knows how many other's that we don't know about on 'their ends', but all this information, was given me in a 30 minute phone call with my dealer (the owner himself) and it has not been 'interpreted' by myself, or paraphrasing. Those were all the 'this is what I know to date, and has been told to me, regarding my own inquiries on yours, and other owner's behalf's...as well as what as dealers, we can expect from '19 and on. My dealer is excited by what he was told as I was, in fact. He knows this can become a bread 'n butter' bike....and as more of them are on the road...and as its rep out there becomes solid....there will be an escalation in up-take. It's an expensive bike, and that fact alone, can remove many from acquiring one. That alone, is a large filtering agent. For those that can afford this fabuous Grand Tour...removing excess stock, lingering stock on show room floors, and the downward sale price trend that stimulates, will stabilize prices, reassure those that do wish to own this beauty....that when they are ready to trade in, or divest of biking...they will be able to expect a reasonable re-claim of aquiring cost to own. Yamaha's new challenging market stock strategy, will assure this, for us, the buyer, and for the dealer network, to host the bike. All will win now...

I suggest that you and your wife, seriously 'chew the cud' this week...and if you can find still a 2018 fire-sale, stomp on it. I think in light of what I was told, by my dealer, and what he was told by his authoritative sources....that is good advice. The SVTC/Eluder now has a strong marketing strategy, that will make all players, winners in the months and years to come. I know that we are going to keep the bike for as long as we had the 2008 GL1800, which turned out to be 10 seasons of ownership. I now, fully expect (with the care I take of my rides...) to also now glean the same purchase retainment, that I enjoyed on the GL1800. There are now many "I wish I hadn't posts" of those that are dedicated touring couples...and had traded in, or sold their 2017 and earlier GL1800/GL1500 to purchase what really, is an ST-1800...and those parties, will be looking once more, for a full, luxury-fat....full size Grand Touring Motorcycle. They will come looking at a 2018 SVTC pre-owned, or a current new year model. With that...as well as the novel new marketing strategy by Yamaha '19 and beyond....an owner of any model year of the SVTC will come up, smelling like roses. LoneStar...I'd jump very, very soon, on an existing 2018 before the dealers see what's up...and pull those present sale ad's.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 11-27-2018 at 10:32 AM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 10:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I donít wanna throw water on your fire BUT, Big Red is going out this weekend! High of 60 on Saturday & 70 on Sunday! Woo Hoo!

"...yeah, yeah...yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....don't look now...but I just threw a whompin' large, snowball at the gas tank....!!!!!! So there.....!

Enjoy...one of the perks of living in North Carolina...for sure! Safe rides!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 02:42 PM

Great news and thanks for passing it along! Hopefully the 2019s are available by February--I expect to be sh*tting at that point, and not getting off the pot, as you recommend above, Mr. Excellence. ;-) These bikes--especially the Eluder--would look great in white, IMO. Crossing my fingers on that color.

I was already starting to look at other brands, given the delay, and I'm very glad it looks like I'm going to get the opportunity to reward Yamaha with my loyalty after 10 awesome years of great performance and reliability from my XV1900. The SVTC/Eluder is going to have to be a great bike to live up to the 'liner. Looking forward to finding out for myself...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode