International Motorcycle Show in NYC! Anyone going? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 10Likes
  • 1 Post By Lonestar
  • 1 Post By Scrumdown
  • 2 Post By YamahaParExcellence
  • 2 Post By GARider
  • 1 Post By Cliffieg
  • 1 Post By YamahaParExcellence
  • 2 Post By Lonestar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 06:49 AM Thread Starter

International Motorcycle Show in NYC! Anyone going?

I have a business trip that is taking me to NYC this weekend and noticed the IMS is going to be in town at the Javits Center. If I have time I am hoping to grab a quick walk thru with plans of seeing the new, updated 2019 SVTC/Eluder line mentioned in other posts in this thread. I will snap some pictures and post whatever I find up here for all to see. If nothing else, it should prove to be a good place to glean some information concerning the matter.
I was wondering if anyone else was planning on attending? If you are, PLEASE do the same as it is not for sure that I will be able to make it over to the West side and I know many of us are eagerly waiting to see the updated bikes and, by the sounds of things (they are only going to be available thru pre-ordering? and no dealerships will be carrying them as inventory), the big shows may be the only place we will get to see them before actually seeing them on the road.
Also, late Saturday afternoon is when I hope to have time to do a walk thru, if you are planning on attending at that time maybe we could hook up for a late lunch or something and talk about bikes, or ANYTHING other than WORK!!!
Scrumdown likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 08:19 AM

Garage
The Javits Center is a great place to see a show like this.
Unfortunately, i will not be in NYC this coming weekend. And the time I will be at the end of the month. My time is already booked. No free time.

Here's a tid-bit from my past. I went to the auto show that was held at the Javits my junior year. I had my picture taken with the The Budweiser Girls. I used that picture as my "casual" picture for my senior yr yearbook. Scantily clad women & a boy with a giant grin on his face.
I, somehow, doubt that that picture would be approved in this day & age's political correctness.

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
Lonestar likes this.

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
I have a business trip that is taking me to NYC this weekend and noticed the IMS is going to be in town at the Javits Center. If I have time I am hoping to grab a quick walk thru with plans of seeing the new, updated 2019 SVTC/Eluder line mentioned in other posts in this thread. I will snap some pictures and post whatever I find up here for all to see. If nothing else, it should prove to be a good place to glean some information concerning the matter.
I was wondering if anyone else was planning on attending? If you are, PLEASE do the same as it is not for sure that I will be able to make it over to the West side and I know many of us are eagerly waiting to see the updated bikes and, by the sounds of things (they are only going to be available thru pre-ordering? and no dealerships will be carrying them as inventory), the big shows may be the only place we will get to see them before actually seeing them on the road.
Also, late Saturday afternoon is when I hope to have time to do a walk thru, if you are planning on attending at that time maybe we could hook up for a late lunch or something and talk about bikes, or ANYTHING other than WORK!!!
I hope to make it down to the Toronto Motorcycle Show, that usually, has all the latest and greatest. It had a Yamaha booth that had a red SVTC, with some acc's already upon it coming into 2018. Gawd...but I hope that there still will be something from them there in 2019, as that is just on the cusp of Spring! The bottom line to me, as an owner, is that I have 100 percent faith, in what my dealer told me...what I don't have (for there is no (still) announcement by Yamaha's own 'mouth'...anything yet, FROM YAMAHA!

All I know directly from Yamaha to date, as we all do...is that no 2019 model has been announced, or posted to their official USA/Canada web sites. I am going to believe that my dealer's information is correct...because I WANT to believe that we are not going to be orphaned, being that the SVTC is such (truly) a great touring platform, as stated by a multi-owned-GoldWing model owner, myself. I would never go back, even to a 2017 and older, since riding ours...both my wife and I can say that.

Let's all hope that the OMG information, plays out...and that before the end of this year....we get a direct communication from Yamaha, OR...folks start seeing the new 2019, at such places like formal motorcycle shows. Let's all hope, for who loves this bike, owns this bike, and for those just wanting some clear direction from Yamaha concerning the SVTC, as prospective buyers!
Scrumdown and Lonestar like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 11-30-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 08:43 PM

Lonestar I was planning to meet up with my brother this weekend at the show but can not make the trip. He should be there but not sure what day, the last conversation he mentioned Sunday. I asked him to meet up with long haul Paul while there and snap a picture with him and any pictures of the new SVTC.
I ask him if there isn't a new model to ask questions.
I am hoping that with long haul Paul and Yamaha there at the show they will have some unveiling of the new SVTC.
Scrumdown and Lonestar like this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 05:40 PM

Hopefully, LoneStar will be able to post about his experience at the show and what he found out. I've done a little youtube reconnaissance and it looks like what Yamaha brought to the show was a 2018 Eluder decked out in Ness bling. Had a different windshield than stock but it was probably the accessory medium for the Eluder. That Silver with the black and read is actually very cool looking, IMO.

Don't suppose it means anything one way or another, unless LoneStar actually talked to someone in the know and got news.
Lonestar likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffieg View Post
Hopefully, LoneStar will be able to post about his experience at the show and what he found out. I've done a little youtube reconnaissance and it looks like what Yamaha brought to the show was a 2018 Eluder decked out in Ness bling. Had a different windshield than stock but it was probably the accessory medium for the Eluder. That Silver with the black and read is actually very cool looking, IMO.

Don't suppose it means anything one way or another, unless LoneStar actually talked to someone in the know and got news.
There was another show, where (it is posted now on YouTube) where they had a Grey 2018 with company acc's. No 2019......evident....lots of '19 motorsports. Nothing for Touring for '19. Last one leaving the building, please turn out the lights...

Joe
Lonestar likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Sorry about the late post,, kind of got hung up with work and being in the area with the passing of President Bush (Godspeed and RIP Sir) happenings going on. I did get a chance to do a quick walk thru of the IMS, it was a really good/fun break in the weekend. The only evidence of the SVTC or the Eluder present when I was there was a 2018 Eluder sweepstakes bike (signed up for it of course!! wish me luck LOL). "Mum" was the word when I asked about what was going on concerning the future of the line. I did get a wince and a strange grin from one of the reps when I told them it seemed strange that the factory sweep stake bike sitting on display in that high dollar floor space (NOTHING is cheap in NYC LOL) surrounded by 2019 models of everything from Boat engines to MX bikes was in fact a 2018 and not one of the new ones if they are coming. That comment produced some grimmacing stares but no defending comments, oh well,, it was worth a try LOL. I did have some discussion with them about the idea of "preorder"/JIT selling of the bikes starting with the 19's and mentioned that, to my understanding, the Canadian dealerships had already been informed of this revolutionary approach to buy/sell that Yamaha was instituting. The response I got was: "not sure where that came from, that sounds like something that may actually violate Yamaha franchise agreements and floor plan models that our dealerships buy into. It is a known fact that empty showrooms do not sell product and their profitability is based on selling motorcycles".
On a much more positive note - our hero and genuine real deal/non fake million mile long distance riding man, Long Haul Paul, came up in our discussion. It sounds like Star Yamaha is very happy with their connection to Paul and are still very glad they donated the SVTC that Paul is riding and feel it was win/win by them supporting Paul and his cause and him promoting the SVTC/Eluder line for them - "a match made in heaven" were the words that were spoken as I recall. That portion of the discussion was very positive!

Last edited by Lonestar; 12-04-2018 at 06:36 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 08:15 PM

Garage
I went to the show! Lots of bikes. I met Jaime Robinson of MotoGeo. Cool dude.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Keep moving, learning, loving, and living.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamaMassGirl View Post
I went to the show! Lots of bikes. I met Jaime Robinson of MotoGeo. Cool dude.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Oh yeahhh,,, but did you get your name in the hat on the Eluder sweepstake (scoping out the competition ) If you did YamaGirl you may as way call Yamaha and tell em to remove your name cause I am gonna win it
YamaMassGirl and Scrumdown like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode