Eluder GT question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By TWater

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Eluder GT question

Very happy Bolt owner here looking for a bagger for the longer rides. Husband just picked up a '19 HDRG .. and I have to admit.. though I am not a HD fan, the look of that bike with apes, is sweet.. but riding it is a different story... I've been riding for over 30 years and not a wimp, but at 130#, it would be sketchy at best for me to feel confident on rides like Deals Gap etc .. and there is no way I could back it up if stuck in a downhill parking spot
.... so I was very excited to find and get to test ride an Eluder ... Holy cow, what amazing engineering! It felt like the magic of the old "weebles wobble but they won't fall down" toy .. or our Ducati on steroids

Though very impressed with the bike overall, the dealers here are not very well versed on it, and one is still 'researching' a couple things for me .. but now that I have found this forum, I am hoping I can get some clarification from real owners...
What I have been told thus far ..
Standard Eluder model .. GPS is apparently optional .. and the adjustable windscreen option is not actually an option.. even though the display makes it look like it is
(The stock windscreen height made my helmet bobble even at just 60mph, and I do not want to disrupt the sleek look with a taller fixed windscreen.)

Dealer here said he thinks the GT version has an adjustable windscreen like the Venture .. but the Yamaha website does not list that, or the heated grips (which he also said were an option). .. and, the Yamaha comparison site does not list the heated seats, which is for a fact on the standard model I test rode...
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/tr...vs-star-eluder

SOoooooo...
Does anyone here have a GT Eluder ?
Does it have the following ..
- an adjustable windscreen
- heated grips
- GPS

I am not in a hurry and may wait for the rumored 2019, but there are some awesome deals available on the '18 .. especially since it appears Y will be rolling out fixes for some of the reported issues (GPS accuracy and left side motor inferno)

Thanks for any info.

===========
- Wendy
I'm not my avatar, unless I need to be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:16 PM

SOoooooo...
Does anyone here have a GT Eluder ? I picked up my Raven GT 3 days ago and I can answer those questions..
- an adjustable windscreen No
- heated grips No
- GPS Yes

I only have 250 miles on mine but it is a awesome motorcycle. The best I have ever owned!

Tom
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWater View Post
SOoooooo...
Does anyone here have a GT Eluder ? I picked up my Raven GT 3 days ago and I can answer those questions..
- an adjustable windscreen No
- heated grips No
- GPS Yes

I only have 250 miles on mine but it is a awesome motorcycle. The best I have ever owned!

Tom
Thanks for the confirmation!
.. I may wait to see if the '19 shows up ... and possibly has the adjustable windscreen

btw.. 250 miles in NY in December ? hard core

===========
- Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchzilla View Post
Thanks for the confirmation!
.. I may wait to see if the '19 shows up ... and possibly has the adjustable windscreen

btw.. 250 miles in NY in December ? hard core
Sorry, I updated my location. I am in Tucson for the winter!
lesblank likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWater View Post
Sorry, I updated my location. I am in Tucson for the winter!
Whew! better on the cold factor, until you go up to Kitt Peak .. great ride, but brrrrr.
... perhaps you could submit an article to Yamaha about the Eluder's awesome suspension on Tucson's questionable pavement, and its quick handling around snowbirds in cages ?

===========
- Wendy
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 02:58 PM
KCW

Garage
It was in the 50's on sunday (dec 2nd) here in central NY, took Ursa out for a few hours

with all my riding gear on I was a bit sweaty, even without the windshield on the bike.

We get nice days sometimes in the winter. The issue though is the streets need to be washed clear of salt (a good downpour) or it will eat your MC.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 12:11 AM

Location: Western Colorado (Grand Junction) summers, Wickenburg, AZ winters.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchzilla View Post

Dealer here said he thinks the GT version has an adjustable windscreen like the Venture .. but the Yamaha website does not list that, or the heated grips (which he also said were an option). .. and, the Yamaha comparison site does not list the heated seats, which is for a fact on the standard model I test rode...
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/tr...vs-star-eluder

SOoooooo...
Does anyone here have a GT Eluder ?
- an adjustable windscreen
- heated grips
- GPS

Thanks for any info.
--

I guess no one answered your questions. I have a GT Eluder. It has only a short windscreen. In fact it's height let the air hit the top of my helmet enough so I switched to another one about 6" higher (don't know exactly how much higher as that bike stays in Colorado and I'm here in Wickenburg, AZ). No heated grips, but heated seat, yes. I never want one so disconnected it to make sure it stays off. I don't know on the GPS. I have never used any. I use one that's hand held. It does have navigation and I use Sirius radio.

I don't understand how a dealer can say things they don't know one way or the other.

--

--
How will I know when I get there if I don't know where I'm going?
--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode