And those prices continue to tumble!! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lonestar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

And those prices continue to tumble!!

I have a neighbor who snatched up a new left over SVTC for $19500 and have read of others purchasing one for close to that number but this is the 1st time in seeing a real significant drop in the Eluder pricing. Check this out https://esyp.com/Motorcycles-Yamaha-...7-a85700f2c4bb
CanadianMohawk and anotherone like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 04:58 AM

It is people like you who make post like this that make it hard for be to remain debt free!

2008 Stratoliner
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:11 PM

Garage
I wasn't crazy about the styling at first but I gotta admit it's starting to grow on me. Looks good in that color.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 08:56 AM

Garage
I've never ridden a fully dressed bike. Aside from a windshield my Raider is basically naked. I understand the advantages of creature comforts especially on long rides but is the feel/sensation/experience on a dressed bike different from a naked bike?

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here’s a tip: why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
I've never ridden a fully dressed bike. Aside from a windshield my Raider is basically naked. I understand the advantages of creature comforts especially on long rides but is the feel/sensation/experience on a dressed bike different from a naked bike?
Having had both, I see the + and - of both... My current main ride is a HD Electra Glide and I like the creature comfort and I feel enough wind on it to know I am on a motorcycle but protected enough to go through some bad and cold weather fairly comfortable. The storage and communications on a full dresser is what got me on one...
I have had a few somewhat naked bikes in the last 10 years, Honda 600, Volusia 800 Harley Dyna and this last one a V star 1100 and although they are fun to ride and easier to handle because of the lower weight, I still gravitate towards my dresser. Keep in mind, the main intent to get these smaller bikes was for my spouse to have one as well.
They both have their pluses and it's a very personal choice and I usually leave it at that because there is also budget, size of rider, physical ability, location etc...

I am getting older and my knees are bad from illness so it's getting harder to ride 2 up on the bagger so I might look at a trike or 2 of something lighter...With the quality of Bluetooth nowadays I don't see the need for CB or big a$$ stereos anymore. The quality of headsets coming out is quite impressive so that is also a game changer...

BE WHO YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode