Sissy bar / Backrest - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Sissy bar / Backrest

Ive seen on facebook, that someone was able to use a sissy bar off I believe a raider, and it mounted right onto the grab handles of the elduder. Anyone else know of this? Ive seen some pretty awesome stuff out for the Raider, and I am not really digging the tall backrest setup from Yamaha ( just not really an appealing design). I want it to strap a backpack to, when I go on out of state over nighters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 11:48 AM

Garage
I don't have any direct knowledge about the fit, but I would suspect there is modification/fabrication needed. The fact that there aren't any aftermarket backrests/sissy bars available says quite a bit. The Yamaha offered Eluder passenger backrest set-up is the ugliest I've ever seen offered for a bike. Yamaha usually does a decent job in their accessory offerings, but not in this case. Good luck with the pursuit of a solution.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

I have gotten in touch with Ginz Choppers, an independent shop out of Cali, he makes the mounts for our bikes to work with his sissy bars. He has a bunch of styles and can customize them as well. Ive ordered a 25 inch bar, 1 inch diameter, powder coated gloss black for a lot less than the Yamaha setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 04:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellionFTW View Post
I have gotten in touch with Ginz Choppers, an independent shop out of Cali, he makes the mounts for our bikes to work with his sissy bars. He has a bunch of styles and can customize them as well. Ive ordered a 25 inch bar, 1 inch diameter, powder coated gloss black for a lot less than the Yamaha setup.
Looks like you found a great solution. I checked them out and their stuff looks good. Cool part for me is they are only 30 minutes away. Hope to see pictures once you have it on your bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode