2020 svtc announced in canada! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 10:10 PM

WONDERFUL NEWS!! Thanks ChiefGunner!! Looks like Mr. Excellence is batting 100% cause THAT is exactly what he said was coming!! This news will DEFINITELY settle a lot of churning by the nay sayers about the continuation of the model!!
I am doing my part to help clear out one of the left overs and made an offer of 17500 last week and am still waiting to hear back. There are plenty of them (over 500 just on Cycle Trader) and I took a copy of an add from Cycle Trader that offered a new T.C. for 19500 with no hidden fees. They are suppose to call me back within a week to let me know whether or not I get the bike (my wife and I have our fingers crossed). I have no idea how this great news for model continuation will effect the outcome of my deal but we shall see. One thing for sure, if we waited and decided to go with a 2020, that BLUE one would be in our garage!
Way to go Star Yamaha - this is GREAT news!!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
My dealer was right on....and I trust him for 'what's up in the future' even more, now Tony! Thanks for posting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
WONDERFUL NEWS!! Thanks ChiefGunner!! Looks like Mr. Excellence is batting 100% cause THAT is exactly what he said was coming!! This news will DEFINITELY settle a lot of churning by the nay sayers about the continuation of the model!!
I am doing my part to help clear out one of the left overs and made an offer of 17500 last week and am still waiting to hear back. There are plenty of them (over 500 just on Cycle Trader) and I took a copy of an add from Cycle Trader that offered a new T.C. for 19500 with no hidden fees. They are suppose to call me back within a week to let me know whether or not I get the bike (my wife and I have our fingers crossed). I have no idea how this great news for model continuation will effect the outcome of my deal but we shall see. One thing for sure, if we waited and decided to go with a 2020, that BLUE one would be in our garage!
Way to go Star Yamaha - this is GREAT news!!
Brother...go and get er...

Joe
Lonestar likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 01-06-2019 at 08:19 AM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Thanks Tony for the posting!

Good go!

Joe
Lonestar likes this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 01-06-2019 at 07:09 AM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 04:35 AM

Well, we have a 2020 model in Canada....but where is our needed Navigation and Control Head major software version update?!?!?!? We have been waiting long enough....c'mon Yamaha...c'mon....

Joe

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 01-06-2019 at 05:37 AM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:
Thanks Tony for the posting!

Good go!

Joe
Glad I found it. It’s good news for the SVTC for sure!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Glad I found it. Itís good news for the SVTC for sure!
Sure is...and I'm sure if the up-take is as good in '19...for even though they are calling it a 2020 model...for sure you'll be able to buy one by this coming March/April. The more they have out on the road...with happy owners blubbering away...it's free advertisement for Yamaha. I know of one couple that will be beaming, unless they bought something else late in last Fall....

I like that blue...same as is on their FJR. I'd still buy our red though. The red one, is the fastest....and we all know it, LOL! (dodging eggs....).....
Lonestar likes this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:
Glad I found it. It’s good news for the SVTC for sure!
Sure is...and I'm sure if the up-take is as good in '19...for even though they are calling it a 2020 model...for sure you'll be able to buy one by this coming March/April. The more they have out on the road...with happy owners blubbering away...it's free advertisement for Yamaha. I know of one couple that will be beaming, unless they bought something else late in last Fall....

I like that blue...same as is on their FJR. I'd still buy our red though. The red one, is the fastest....and we all know it, LOL! (dodging eggs....).....
LOL! There ya go... stirring the pot again! Not that I’m gonna argue with ya seeing as how I own one of those definitely faster red ones. That blue sure is “purdy” though!
Back when I ordered my SVTC, I called Yamaha and asked if I could “custom order” my SVTC in the Eluder Blue... they said “NO”. How was I to know I was trying to spoil their 2020 plans??
Who’d a thunk eh? Lol! Besides, I like going faster... oops... DUCK! Incoming eggs!!
Lonestar likes this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 09:10 AM

Quote:
LOL! There ya go... stirring the pot again! Not that I’m gonna argue with ya seeing as how I own one of those definitely faster red ones. That blue sure is “purdy” though!
Back when I ordered my SVTC, I called Yamaha and asked if I could “custom order” my SVTC in the Eluder Blue... they said “NO”. How was I to know I was trying to spoil their 2020 plans??
Who’d a thunk eh? Lol! Besides, I like going faster... oops... DUCK! Incoming eggs!!
Funny that they don't show a 2020 Eluder though. Honestly Tony...I don't think the bagger did well even in Canada. My dealer's bagger was still sitting there, in the late Fall, all the while--->yet, he was CLAMORING for more SVTC's. If you are going to have the same chassis...the same motor....why would you not want a fully dressed out SV, or SVTC?!?!?! I never got the Bagger thing. It must be totally 'style' driven.... I did see one out in the wild last summer. I saw three SVTC's and one Eluder. That was province wide...and not merely collected around the GTA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode