Exhaust sound clips Star Venture V-Twin - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Exhaust sound clips Star Venture V-Twin

I found some exhaust sound clips for the Star Venture/Eluder, they are not my cup of tea but if you are looking for something different here you go:

https://youtu.be/cXtkvl5t5kQ
Keith Post likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:12 PM

Garage
I like the sound of the third one, not too loud, but not too quiet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
I like the sound of the third one, not too loud, but not too quiet either.

I like the 1.75 baffle set, the first one, past stock...nice deep bass...loud if you honk on the pipes, raw...but won't fatigue you, or p*** off anybody around you...city or highway...but loud enough if you are going to pass, like two or three cars on a two lane...at full throttle...then, back down to no-fatigue at cruise....

I also like the larger diameter 'heft' of them....hmmmm.....

hmmmm....finger tapping on desk....hmmmm....

Hey Keith...don't you think a set of these would make a great birthday present from a guy's wife? What do you think? I'll have to print the page...and er...ah...oh jeeze, clumsy of me...messy of me leaving the printed page on her side of the double sink bathroom counter top....something to view as she is brushing her teeth.... "Hon...why is this page of mufflers here?" "Oh...yeah....yeah, that.....I was looking at that site, and decided that would be the next great addition to the bike,...just er...move it over to my sink..."....
Keith Post and lesblank like this.

Last edited by YamahaParExcellence; 01-22-2019 at 04:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:31 PM

Garage
I couldn’t agree more! That would a VERY thoughtful gift ! Umm...let’s see...the little subliminal messages lying around the house...lol.

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I couldn’t agree more! That would a VERY thoughtful gift ! Umm...let’s see...the little subliminal messages lying around the house...lol.

Keith, I already have Stage II planned...next to print out the copy of what the screen looks like with an order of the 1.75's in the website Shopping Basket....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hon...HON....!"

"Yes?"...

"WHY is this page of a computer site Shopping Basket, with er...a set of some exhaust pipes..er...1.75 or something, ***sitting here*** (female irritation in voice...) on my side of the kitchen table?"...

"Oh, er..that...yeah...I was playing around with the site...and just for fun, loaded up the Shopping Cart with the set that I would buy myself...perhaps at a later time. By accident, I pressed the printer print key..., just move it to one side after you give it a good look, Dee-Dee, ........or not...".

"Right.......right.......".

"Love you!", said from the Den....

"Yeah...love you right back, Joe...." said from the kitchen table.........
Keith Post likes this.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 11:23 PM

Location: Western Colorado (Grand Junction) summers, Wickenburg, AZ winters.
Garage
--

I like the 1.75s too. While I appreciate Yama tuning the mufflers to sound musically correct, I still like a little more badass sound. I like the sound of my Freedom Performance pipes on my Road Stars.

Probably need to research it some more. I wonder if the restriction is more than what's on the Eluder stock.

I've already spent a bundle on things I needed on my two R*s, so it's time to start spending more on the new bike.

--
Keith Post likes this.

--
How will I know when I get there if I don't know where I'm going?
--

Last edited by RonK; 01-24-2019 at 03:35 PM.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 04:44 PM

Garage
YPE, I’m visualizing the scenario in my head right now....lol.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
YPE, I’m visualizing the scenario in my head right now....lol.

"Devious, huh?"
Keith Post likes this.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 06:15 PM

Garage
Just an FYI for anyone interested in this nice addition to their Venture or Eluder...
I spoke with TAB Performance today about the tune modification that will be needed to properly take advantage of the upgrade. The guy I spoke with “Daniel” said they currently have “Dyno Tune” working on the proper tune for the pipes and are AWARE that the SVTC has TWO throttle modes. The tune modules they are working on will take that into account. Daniel said they should be available shortly. Probably 2 weeks.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:57 PM

Location: Western Colorado (Grand Junction) summers, Wickenburg, AZ winters.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Just an FYI for anyone interested in this nice addition to their Venture or Eluder...
I spoke with TAB Performance today about the tune modification that will be needed to properly take advantage of the upgrade. The guy I spoke with “Daniel” said they currently have “Dyno Tune” working on the proper tune for the pipes and are AWARE that the SVTC has TWO throttle modes. The tune modules they are working on will take that into account. Daniel said they should be available shortly. Probably 2 weeks.
--

I read that as saying you will screw something up and will need additional electronics that we will sell you to fix your bike. I'm sure that won't be any problem with Yamaha for any warranty coverage.

--

--
How will I know when I get there if I don't know where I'm going?
--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode