Remote battery life - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:10 PM

Still on the same battery that came with the bike. 1 year 4 months. Never turned off the remote. I have a spare battery just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimerr View Post
I wish they had made it more evident whether the key was turned off/on. I think that when your turn it off, it blinks once. When you turn it on, it blinks once - marginally longer. Of course I could be backwards.

Would have been that hard to make it blink once for off, and twice for on? Kinda like remote lock/unlock on your car. There have been a couple of times when I have walked up to the bike, turned the remote on, and then sat down and lifted the bike upright only to be greeted by the alarm going off. Then you have to dig in your pocket and turn the remote on AGAIN and silence the alarm.

It's bad enough when you're by yourself. It's worse when it's in public with people around, or 6 in the morning.

Reminds me of one time i had a bronco II the horn you pushed in the directional. I was at my girlfriends she has short and had the seat way up. At midnight with the neighbors drinking on the porch i jumped in and closed the door my knee pushing on the horn. I couldn't have opened the door quick enough. Embarrassed why yes.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Garage
What is this fob thing that must be maintained? I have to follow an antiquated, multiple step, mechanical process every time I want to start the engine on my old 2010 950.

1. Insert my "key" into the "ignition switch".
2. Turn it 'till it won't go any farther
3. Switch on.
4. Yell (loudly) "CONTACT!"
5. Press starter button.

Jeezus, can you believe it? Every time! But I've nearly memorized the process so I almost never have to consult the start up checklist anymore.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 07:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
What is this fob thing that must be maintained? I have to follow an antiquated, multiple step, mechanical process every time I want to start the engine on my old 2010 950.

1. Insert my "key" into the "ignition switch".
2. Turn it 'till it won't go any farther
3. Switch on.
4. Yell (loudly) "CONTACT!"
5. Press starter button.

Jeezus, can you believe it? Every time! But I've nearly memorized the process so I almost never have to consult the start up checklist anymore.
Yup, '97 Virago, '02 Warrior, '04 RdS, and '18 SVTC all start exactly the same: turn the key to "on", and press the button... though I'm close to deaf, my bikes have not needed me to yell at them, yet....

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode