EZ Pass Location - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

EZ Pass Location

I have found with other bikes that it is "not prudent" to leave your EZ Pass where people can see it. On my last bike, an F6B Goldwing, I secured it under the plastic around the windshield and it work great. Any suggestions on the SVTC?

2018 Venture Transcontinental (620 miles)
1975 Goldwing (16546 miles)
1974 Kawasaki Z1 (only God knows)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:21 PM

Garage
Mine is velcroed to the top of the dash. When I'm away from the bike, I pull it off and store it in one of the dash cubby's. I tried leaving it in the cubby full time, but it doesn't always read from in there.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 01:37 PM
KCW

Garage
I put mine just above the headlight on the inside of my windshield
on my 650 (see garage photo) I also have the velcro on the inside of the front of the trunk, at the top. It works from inside the trunk just fine. I lean forward to make sure my back is not right up against it as I ride thru the toll booth.

If Im going to be riding some place where they have the EZpass readers at random places along the highway, like Massachusetts or Washington DC, I put it back on the windshield.

I dont know why anyone would take one. As soon as you notice its missing report it stolen, and when they ride thru a tool booth they will get pulled over.

Ive gone thru toll booths with it in the breast pocket on my riding jacket too... no problem.

Last edited by KCW; 02-28-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
I put mine just above the headlight on the inside of my windshield
on my 650 (see garage photo) I also have the velcro on the inside of the front of the trunk, at the top. It works from inside the trunk just fine. I lean forward to make sure my back is not right up against it as I ride thru the toll booth.

If Im going to be riding some place where they have the EZpass readers at random places along the highway, like Massachusetts or Washington DC, I put it back on the windshield.

I dont know why anyone would take one. As soon as you notice its missing report it stolen, and when they ride thru a tool booth they will get pulled over.

Ive gone thru toll booths with it in the breast pocket on my riding jacket too... no problem.
Thanks for your comments. Theft is a problem around here. There is only one Turnpike and that runs thru southern Maine. It could be a month before I need EZ pass. Unless I notice the theft right away, a thief could have all that time to use the EZ pass. If I can find a permanent place to mount it (like under the plastic) , then it could be out mind/no worry.
hunter6462 and KCW like this.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 04:00 PM
KCW

Garage
If your saddle bags lock then maybe inside one of the lids. Put mine all the way on the front edge of the trunk lid, just so it would not be in the way. If you want to keep it in the trunk all the time, maybe the back edge of the lid would be better, so your body is not blocking it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:32 PM

Garage
I keep my eztag in the saddle bag. That's actually where the eztag people suggested. In Houston most toll roads has cameras that take a picture of your plate and charges you that way. For months I would check for accuracy and it seemed correct, so now I just go with the flow.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:22 PM
KCW

Garage
In Massachusetts they took all the tollbooths off interstate 90, from Stockbridge to Boston, and put up ezpass senors along the highway with cameras.

If you have an ezpass they charge you everytime you drive by. If you dont have an ezpass they take a photo of your license plates, and charge you twice as much, and send you a bill in the mail.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 11:42 AM

Garage
I saw Paul Pelland at the Chicago IMS last month. I talked with him about Ipass/EZpass on where he mounted it. Paul said he removed the top of the fairing just below the windshield and mounted it on the underside of it and has no problems with it getting scanned. I'm going to do it soon to mine.

Riding alone can clear your mind, while riding with friends can fill your heart
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

That's exactrly where I mounted it on my F6B Goldwing. That is probably where I will mount this one eventhough it is a PITA to get the front ccover off.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 04:22 PM

Garage
Crossbowme: I remove my top part of my fairing yesterday. Remove the 4 screws that hold the aluminum trim and the on the right and left upper tips. Take a plastic prybar or a thin piece of wood like a shim and move from the outside to the center along the front edge prying upward till it pops. See pic below to see where i mounted mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fairing.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	83544  

Riding alone can clear your mind, while riding with friends can fill your heart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode