Some Musings About The SVTC
I'm trying to get my 600 miles on the old girl but the weather just won't get out of the 30's. Luckily I snowmobile so I have the clothes. However, as I ride down sand strewn roads and freeze my nuts off, here are some observations.
1. As far as the reason I bought her for, she does excellent. Truly a long range bike. Comfortable seat (so far).
2. It is taking me a little getting use to the low rpm vs my other bikes. First time I took it off I shifted to late and hit the limiter. Not sure that's a big deal but I'm realizing that I need to think is "lugging" and then I make my shifts where they belong.
3. Everywhere here is snow, ice and mud. I tried to start off in a bad area yesterday and found the rear wheeel spinning. Not wanting to spin out on a 1000# bike I decided to use the electric drive and crawled out of the bad area. Pretty cool. Love the hand/seat warmers. Makes a huge difference. The wind deflectors help warm you, too.
4. Mileage doesn't appear to good but I'm just breaking it in.
5. I converted my helmet to wireless as well as the bike. A little pricey but it appears worth it.
2018 Venture Transcontinental (620 miles)
1975 Goldwing (16546 miles)
1974 Kawasaki Z1 (only God knows)