Bluetooth Pairing Issue (Android) - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Bluetooth Pairing Issue (Android)

Hi, New member to the forum. I just took delivery of my 2018 Eluder. Sorry to jump right in for help with my first post!

Love the bike so far but... Bluetooth pairing has been a nightmare. I have a Google Pixel 2 phone and it pairs perfectly with every other device I've tried including both of my cars and all my speakers and headsets flawlessly. But on the Eluder I can't get the bike to hold the connection. Especially audio. On the info screen I get a message loop... "Connected...Disconnected...Connected...Disconnect ed". The audio will come on for a second or two and then disconnect and that keeps going on over and over forever unless I shut the bike down. I'm pretty tech savvy and have done all the usual and not so usual fixes but nothing works. I also thought it might be my phone but I tried my wife's iPhone and same issue. Anyone else experience this type of thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 07:49 AM
KCW

Garage
had a similar issue when I got my Ford Fusion a few years ago, my phone would connect but my wife's phone would not.

if that were the case I would suspect the SW in the phone needs to be updated

but... since you tried two phones and they both do it, it sounds like its the motorcycle end.

Sounds like a trip back to the dealer. If they cant get it to stay paired with a phone, its a bike issue.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks KCW. Yeah, I'm 99.9% it's the bike. I'm going to try and update the infotainment software later today and hopefully that fixes the problem.

2018 Yamaha Star Eluder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:50 PM

Ill get that connecting, disconnecting message if I am charging my phone in the right glovebox with the lid closed, open the lid and no error. I believe my phone overheats in there with the lid closed.

Rob - 18 Raspberry SVTC, 08 Pearl White Navi Goldwing
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucfan11 View Post
Ill get that connecting, disconnecting message if I am charging my phone in the right glovebox with the lid closed, open the lid and no error. I believe my phone overheats in there with the lid closed.
Interesting. I don't have my phone connected to the bike when this happens but I wish it was that easy. I did update the bike to the latest version of the infotainment software but no luck. Still won't connect. I'm starting to wonder if I have a bad BT antenna.

2018 Yamaha Star Eluder
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmx71 View Post
Interesting. I don't have my phone connected to the bike when this happens but I wish it was that easy. I did update the bike to the latest version of the infotainment software but no luck. Still won't connect. I'm starting to wonder if I have a bad BT antenna.
Does Pandora work ok?

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Pandora is buggy as well. I can get Pandora to open up on the bike about 50% of the time but the audio is still only on the phone. So you can control Pandora on the Infotainment screen but it won't play the audio through the bikes speakers. I'm going to call Yamaha tomorrow and try a 3rd phone as well to see if I can narrow down the cause a bit more.

2018 Yamaha Star Eluder
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks KCW. Yeah, I'm 99.9% it's the bike. I'm going to try and update the infotainment software later today and hopefully that fixes the problem.
You should be running software version 12.0.6 on your bike. The dealership SHOULD have updated all software BEFORE they delivered the bike, but we’ve seen other instances where they have not. You would not be alone.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 09:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
Pandora is buggy as well. I can get Pandora to open up on the bike about 50% of the time but the audio is still only on the phone. So you can control Pandora on the Infotainment screen but it won't play the audio through the bikes speakers. I'm going to call Yamaha tomorrow and try a 3rd phone as well to see if I can narrow down the cause a bit more.
Plug your phone into USB2 in the trunk.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
One last thing, when my Android phone is connected. I can go to the blue tooth section and pick "Phone or (DEVICE)" for sound.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode