2020 Venture - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 03:54 PM

Garage
I would suspect that they did the same thingover here. Good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0DDJ0B View Post
So they skipped the 19 and went to 20?
In Canada they went straight from the 2018 model to the 2020 model.

2012 Stryker
2015 Deluxe SE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARider View Post
Quote:
Attachment 84464

Attachment 84466

Picked up my new bike last Wednesday. Very pleased, rides nice, great options and going to have some great trips. The only thing the dealer could not figure out is the GPS install but it is going back next Tuesday for the 1,000 km check over and hopefully they resolve then.
Congrats, Enjoy. Anything different about the new model, I thought I saw in one of the pictures online that it had a security key holder near dashboard, is that so?
Thanks for the reply. Enjoy.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Attachment 84464

Attachment 84466

Picked up my new bike last Wednesday. Very pleased, rides nice, great options and going to have some great trips. The only thing the dealer could not figure out is the GPS install but it is going back next Tuesday for the 1,000 km check over and hopefully they resolve then.
Welcome to the 'herd'....safe rides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:

The 2020 Canadian 2020, is up $300.00 or so dollars MSRP over the 2018's MSRP, because they now include heated passenger hand grips, as standard equipment. You're paying for it, of course. The just released 2020 U.S. model is exactly same as the 2018. They don't have heated passenger hand grips as 'standard equipment'.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaParExcellence View Post
Quote:

The 2020 Canadian 2020, is up $300.00 or so dollars MSRP over the 2018's MSRP, because they now include heated passenger hand grips, as standard equipment. You're paying for it, of course. The just released 2020 U.S. model is exactly same as the 2018. They don't have heated passenger hand grips as 'standard equipment'.
Correct Joe! The “add on” heater for the 2018 passenger is a “wrap” around the handle. I don’t like that and think it looks cheap. Hopefully they’ve integrated it into the handle instead of a wrap.
Haven’t seen it, so I don’t know.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Correct Joe! The “add on” heater for the 2018 passenger is a “wrap” around the handle. I don’t like that and think it looks cheap. Hopefully they’ve integrated it into the handle instead of a wrap.
Agreed! I rushed out to buy a set for the wife and then I seen what they were...no hand heaters for her.

Rob - 18 Raspberry SVTC, 08 Pearl White Navi Goldwing
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 04:32 PM

Garage
Great looking bike. Looks very comfortable. Looks fast and it isn't even moving!

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
I have not seen a 2020 Canuck model in the wild or at any dealers, yet. I believe that someone here did buy one...and hopefully, he/she will advise if it is only the heated wire wrap, or the heater is core-integrated into the handle itself. My wife just said that she would simply place her hand down upon the warm saddle and accomplish the same effect...I'll have to get back to all, this coming October, lol....right now...we are in the mid 90's...
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old Today, 08:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
As far as I can see and what I have been told by more than one person with Yamaha they are identical (the 2018 and 2020 models), there is no security key holder near the dashboard, but one of the compartments near the dashboard lock with the key bob like the saddlebags and rear compartment.
True. I have found that my SVTC does not "see" the fob in the left dash compartment, which does not lock, but it does see it in the right...

For your navigation install, be sure to use a "PC" to first format the 16 Gig finger drive in FAT32 format. You can then use the same PC or a Mac to download the "Update" from the Yamaha Toolbox. I bought a cheapo 32g at staples for under $10. The 16 was about $5, but the tech said for an extra $5, you'll be safe if there is additional updates to download.... Once I formatted in the Fat32 the process was faster than the instructions indicated...

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old Today, 08:59 PM

Garage
In the US instead of a 2019, they have been selling the early "2017's" at a good discount...Just got my 2018 SVTC, sticker on the frame says it was made in July of 2017....Had they even announced the bike at that time? Judging by the depth of the dust when we opened the box, I'd say it was lost in the back of the warehouse.....

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode