GPS Routing with 50+ Waypoints - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By ChiefGunner
  • 1 Post By jbkrab
  • 1 Post By starbagger
  • 1 Post By Pilgrim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation GPS Routing with 50+ Waypoints

Going to keep this simple, but for more detailed information please go to this entry on Facebook on how I was able to upload GPX files with just over 50 waypoints. There is a limitation of waypoints but I know 70 is too many but 53 works.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7819...=group_comment

I did call corporate Yamaha and reported my findings, so they are aware that there is at least a work around and that they can at least take the information and plan accordingly.

The quick and dirty is to save your complex GPX file as a "Harley Davidson Boom Box pre 2019" file. Details are on the FB entry.

NAVIGATION SYSTEMS GREATER THAN 6 WAYPOINTS SOLVED!

Ladies & Gentleman, I found a solution that is working for me to import complex routes into the Yamaha Navigation system on our bikes. It isn't perfect but it works for me. You will need to use/ any software that exports a GPX file in a "Harley Davidson Boom Box Pre 2019" format or purchase a mapping package called MyRoute-app. It is made by the same people who make TyreToTravel which I have been using for many years. The GPS system is made by the same company that makes the GPS system (Boom Box) for HD from my understanding. So MyRoute-app has directions on exporting routes into the Boom Box. I am using 2 routes that I created that are both about 500 miles and have between 40 and 52 waypoints on each file. The entire route will load into our GPS systems, depending on how far apart the waypoints are, and the number of roads in between will determine if the algorithm changes the route slightly. Regardless, all we need to do is to export the GPX file as a "Harley Davidson Boom Box pre 2019" option. The GPS will load the entire file and read. Import as a track and it will allow you to hit go and it seems to work.

I don't know of anything else that works, but I'm sure there are other products. I am using what I have available to me and just publishing to you my findings.

Good Luck!

Last edited by jbkrab; 06-29-2019 at 01:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 09:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbkrab View Post
Going to keep this simple, but for more detailed information please go to this entry on Facebook on how I was able to upload GPX files with just over 50 waypoints. There is a limitation of waypoints but I know 70 is too many but 53 works.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7819...6792845835207/

I did call corporate Yamaha and reported my findings, so they are aware that there is at least a work around and that they can at least take the information and plan accordingly.

The quick and dirty is to save your complex GPX file as a "Harley Davidson Boom Box pre 2019" file. Details are on the FB entry.
Please @jbkrab re-check your link info. I went to check it out and it says “removed”.
Thank you!
lesblank likes this.

Last edited by ChiefGunner; 06-29-2019 at 11:35 AM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Please @jbkrab re-check your link info. I went to check it out and it says “removed”.
Thank you!
Lets try this again:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7819...=group_comment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

NAVIGATION SYSTEMS GREATER THAN 6 WAYPOINTS SOLVED!

Ladies & Gentleman, I found a solution that is working for me to import complex routes into the Yamaha Navigation system on our bikes. It isn't perfect but it works for me. You will need to use/ any software that exports a GPX file in a "Harley Davidson Boom Box Pre 2019" format or purchase a mapping package called MyRoute-app. It is made by the same people who make TyreToTravel which I have been using for many years. The GPS system is made by the same company that makes the GPS system (Boom Box) for HD from my understanding. So MyRoute-app has directions on exporting routes into the Boom Box. I am using 2 routes that I created that are both about 500 miles and have between 40 and 52 waypoints on each file. The entire route will load into our GPS systems, depending on how far apart the waypoints are, and the number of roads in between will determine if the algorithm changes the route slightly. Regardless, all we need to do is to export the GPX file as a "Harley Davidson Boom Box pre 2019" option. The GPS will load the entire file and read. Import as a track and it will allow you to hit go and it seems to work.

I don't know of anything else that works, but I'm sure there are other products. I am using what I have available to me and just publishing to you my findings.

Good Luck!
Keith Post likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:18 PM

jbkrab,
Thank you for sharing your findings.
Would it be possible to post those "details" on this forum?
Some of us don't participate in Facebook. (Believe it or not!)

Thanks,
Gary
Keith Post likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 06:12 AM

jbkrab - just to confirm ... you imported the file as a "Track", not a "Route"?
Keith Post likes this.

2018 SVTC (red)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
jbkrab - just to confirm ... you imported the file as a "Track", not a "Route"?
I'm not near my bike, but when the bike sees the files it will ask how to import. It's the second choice on my bike I can't remember if it's trip, track or trail. But it will be the second option.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 08:00 AM

Big thanks. Will try!

2018 SVTC (red)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode