SV/Eluder optional driving lights - Page 3 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 07:35 AM

I very carefully stripped the tape back on the relay wires with a razor blade. This gave me better access to the wires so I could tell which wire is which. Also made it easier to put the Yamaha connectors on the wires. I covered up the connectors with some dialectric grease to help against corrosion.
The lockable storage unit on the right side was a real pain to get in and out. I also had a problem lining up some screwholes. Keep playing with it and you'll get it.
GreenMtnHunter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunker View Post
I very carefully stripped the tape back on the relay wires with a razor blade. This gave me better access to the wires so I could tell which wire is which. Also made it easier to put the Yamaha connectors on the wires. I covered up the connectors with some dialectric grease to help against corrosion.
The lockable storage unit on the right side was a real pain to get in and out. I also had a problem lining up some screwholes. Keep playing with it and you'll get it.
Yup! Thank you! All together; no extra parts
There were four, I think, for which the silly nut tab springs out of alignment and tests one's patience...walk away; feed the cat; pour a cup o' joe....On my second pot of coffee now... Bzzzzz....but the results are worth the time and effort. For a shade-tree mechanic, like me, it was close to an all day job. I think my shop would have been at 3-4 hours, as they have never done one before; that's double what the instruction's author provides(1.5 - LOL) . So the install would have at least equaled the part @ $125/hr ($245 incl.tax).

Actually, not quite "finished"; still have to find 28 feet and a level spot to aim the lights.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Done IMG_5351.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	84736   Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch IMG_5358.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	84738   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hi IMG_5355.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	84740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lo IMG_5353.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	84742  
hunter6462 likes this.

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:40 AM

Garage
Looking at the pictures, I think that you have the left and right sides switched. Better start over.
Brad_G and GreenMtnHunter like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That's funny; there is a right and left lead from the control box to the lamps. Still trying to wrap my head around that...

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode