GPS Route Planning Website - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

GPS Route Planning Website

Would someone mind forwarding the website that you use for map planning on your computer. I assume Yamaha directs you to one specific website like Garmin does. My GPS is still not working (covered in another post) but it will eventually so I thought I would start looking at the online tool available to me for trip planning.

I did check my manual but I could not find the website reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 08:00 AM

I started using myroute. It was suggested to me from someone else but don't remember who. It is free and works quite well. Go here. Look for a post from jbkrab
RobG likes this.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 07:45 PM

Garage
I found the website; created a trip, plugged the flash drive in and dropped it, then put that on to the glovebox cord - USB 1 on the upload option in the menu, but I don't think it up loaded to the GPS on the bike... at least I could not find it...
The app seems pretty easy to use; once I figure out the flash drive to the bike, it looks like a great way to prep for a trip.
Edit:
Then I got a survey from MyRoute; it seems the "free" service is only introductory:

Hello and Thank you very much for your reply.
We appreciate your feedback and added 20 addresses to your account, free-of-charge.
Please contact us if you have any comments or questions to address our team.
To get our future updates on facebook - Click here and then hit "like".
Thank you and Best regards,
MyRouteOnline team
lesblank likes this.

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC

Last edited by GreenMtnHunter; 07-23-2019 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMtnHunter View Post
I found the website; created a trip, plugged the flash drive in and dropped it, then put that on to the glovebox cord - USB 1 on the upload option in the menu, but I don't think it up loaded to the GPS on the bike... at least I could not find it...
The app seems pretty easy to use; once I figure out the flash drive to the bike, it looks like a great way to prep for a trip.
Edit:
Then I got a survey from MyRoute; it seems the "free" service is only introductory:

Hello and Thank you very much for your reply.
We appreciate your feedback and added 20 addresses to your account, free-of-charge.
Please contact us if you have any comments or questions to address our team.
To get our future updates on facebook - Click here and then hit "like".
Thank you and Best regards,
MyRouteOnline team
Just checked out MyRouteOnline....pretty expensive ....especially given that with Garmin you get free access to Base Camp..but thank you for the suggestion.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 06:58 AM

There is a charge if you want the Gold plan. There basic service is free. Basic service is what I use. It lets you create your own route,but you don't get anything else.
On your Usb stick you need to create a folder called 'gpx'. Install your routes to the gpx folder and the gps on your bike will be able to find them.
GreenMtnHunter likes this.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunker View Post
There is a charge if you want the Gold plan. There basic service is free. Basic service is what I use. It lets you create your own route,but you don't get anything else.
On your Usb stick you need to create a folder called 'gpx'. Install your routes to the gpx folder and the gps on your bike will be able to find them.
I just tried to create a simple route, with a start and end point and then export it and I got a message saying register now and get 20 credits free of charge.....indicating I would have to pay at some point.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 08:07 AM
KCW

Garage
gonna have to get Steppenwolf to add a new verse to the song...
GreenMtnHunter likes this.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:00 AM

I've used this a couple of times. FURKOT

My old 4S iPhone doesn't have a new enough OS for the Rever app I wanted to use. But I was able to create the route on FURKOT and export it to my phone (using another app since I had several waypoints) for custom turn by turn directions.

I haven't used it much but the basic stuff is free. They also have a paid subscription but I haven't needed it.

Brad
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_G View Post
I've used this a couple of times. FURKOT

My old 4S iPhone doesn't have a new enough OS for the Rever app I wanted to use. But I was able to create the route on FURKOT and export it to my phone (using another app since I had several waypoints) for custom turn by turn directions.

I haven't used it much but the basic stuff is free. They also have a paid subscription but I haven't needed it.

Brad
Thank you...I can see based on the responses that Yamaha does not have a specific website they recommend or have set up for route planning to upload into the GPS. I know Garmin and Harley (and I expect TomTom) do.

I can play with different website options (including the ones the group has suggested) to create and upload maps and see where i get.

Yamaha is saying they are getting very close to being able provide my dealer the fix to activate my GPS...
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
I just tried to create a simple route, with a start and end point and then export it and I got a message saying register now and get 20 credits free of charge.....indicating I would have to pay at some point.
When I did mine I signed up for the free trial as a gold member. 30 days later that expired but I can still create routes. Wierd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode