SVTC Warranty Coverage Update - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Pat View Post
Thanks for posting that ChiefGunner, It's the reason I've been riding Yamaha for 45 years. Yamaha Corp. and the two dealers I've used have taken good care of me.
You’re welcome @Yamaha Pat . I think it’s important to post the good. Anybody and everybody tears up the internet when something is wrong, but few do it when something goes right. It’s the same with any service company out there. People will scream bloody murder about something not right, but how about going back and giving a compliment when things are done well?
I know I do.
lesblank likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 09:15 PM

Got to give kudos when kudos is due.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2019, 11:18 PM

Garage
Nice to see Yamaha stand behind their product. I think they got more than their $249 worth in free advertising here. Too bad they no longer produce any bikes I would buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 10:28 AM
Lifetime Premium

You know I have heard that same thing that Yamaha is getting out of the Cruser business and that the sells of the VTC are not good, but honestly, the only place that I have been able to confirm this is from the forums, when I talk to the dealers, they are selling them just fine and most cannot keep them in stock according to them. And when I read the big bike touring blogs and articles they all rave over the bike the complaints we all know and have posted here are so trivial that they would not stop them from purchasing the bike. Yamaha's sales are increasing every year over Harley, and others that make the same type of bikes, so why do we keep hearing that sales are sluggish, that Yamaha is getting out of the cruiser market?
And now we hear that they stand behind their products past the warranty period, why would anyone buy anything but the VTC?

I know that the Cruiser market is the largest here in the US but why would this affect the overall sales of the bike? It's not like a company has never built something for a specific market before right?

Anyway, I love my bike and just like Cheif Gunner, I too had the pushrod issue with my bike where it wore a hole in the exhaust valve and more at only 5K and Yamaha came through and paid for all repairs and the bike has been great ever since.

Cheif, thanks for the good news.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRien07 View Post
You know I have heard that same thing that Yamaha is getting out of the Cruser business and that the sells of the VTC are not good, but honestly, the only place that I have been able to confirm this is from the forums, when I talk to the dealers, they are selling them just fine and most cannot keep them in stock according to them. And when I read the big bike touring blogs and articles they all rave over the bike the complaints we all know and have posted here are so trivial that they would not stop them from purchasing the bike. Yamaha's sales are increasing every year over Harley, and others that make the same type of bikes, so why do we keep hearing that sales are sluggish, that Yamaha is getting out of the cruiser market?
And now we hear that they stand behind their products past the warranty period, why would anyone buy anything but the VTC?

I know that the Cruiser market is the largest here in the US but why would this affect the overall sales of the bike? It's not like a company has never built something for a specific market before right?

Anyway, I love my bike and just like Cheif Gunner, I too had the pushrod issue with my bike where it wore a hole in the exhaust valve and more at only 5K and Yamaha came through and paid for all repairs and the bike has been great ever since.

Cheif, thanks for the good news.
You’re welcome RRien07 !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode