SVTC Warranty Coverage Update - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2019, 02:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
SVTC Warranty Coverage Update

Hi folks, haven’t posted here for a while but wanted to update you all on something.
I’ve only had the ONE issue with my bike which was the cam/lifter issue described in a different thread here.
Ever since the repair, the bike has run flawlessly!
The issue I’m having NOW is that my left REAR speaker apparently “blew”. I’ve never had the volume up past 10 so this shouldn’t have happened.
I felt comfortable knowing I was covered by a 5yr unlimited mileage warranty BUT... I just found out that the SPEAKERS ARE NOT INCLUDED!
They are only covered by ONE year. The head unit and everything else is covered EXCEPT for the speakers. Needless to say I’ve had my bike since December 29th 2017, so my speaker which just failed ($249) is not covered! ARRRGGGH!!

But WAIT!! STOP THE PRESS!
The dealership testified as to the care and condition of my bike and Yamaha stated
“As a gesture of good will, we WILL COVER THE SPEAKER under warranty.”! Yes, the speaker & labor were covered by Yamaha despite the warranty CLEARLY specifying the timeframe of coverage.
So, 7 months PAST the written warranty coverage of the speakers Yamaha DOES RIGHT by making it right for a customer!

If you’re listening Yamaha.... THANK YOU very much! With all the other issues we owners have patiently endured and still stood by YOUR side, I am GRATEFUL to have you stand by mine!

Well done to Team Charlotte Motorsports, Service Manager “Phil” and of course
Yamaha Motor Corp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2019, 03:14 PM

Kudos to Yamaha. It is good to see a story like this. Usually only see the unhappy stories. Thanks
Old 07-26-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Hi folks, haven’t posted here for a while but wanted to update you all on something.
I’ve only had the ONE issue with my bike which was the cam/lifter issue described in a different thread here.
The issue I’m having NOW is that my left REAR speaker apparently “blew”. I’ve never had the volume up past 10 so this shouldn’t have happened.
I felt comfortable knowing I was covered by a 5yr unlimited mileage warranty BUT... I just found out that the SPEAKERS ARE NOT INCLUDED!
They are only covered by ONE year. The head unit and everything else is covered EXCEPT for the speakers. Needless to say I’ve had my bike since December 29th 2017, so my speaker which just failed ($249) is not covered! ARRRGGGH!!

The dealership testified as to the care and condition of my bike and Yamaha stated
“As a gesture of good will, we WILL COVER THE SPEAKER under warranty.”! Yes, the speaker & labor were covered by Yamaha despite the warranty CLEARLY specifying the timeframe of coverage.
So, 7 months PAST the written warranty coverage of the speakers Yamaha DOES RIGHT by making it right for a customer!

If you’re listening Yamaha.... THANK YOU very much! With all the other issues we owners have patiently endured and still stood by YOUR side, I am GRATEFUL to have you stand by mine!

Yamaha Motor Corp.
This is good news for sure.
Good luck on the replacement.
Thanks Yamaha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2019, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GARider View Post
Quote:

Yamaha Motor Corp.
This is good news for sure.
Good luck on the replacement.
Thanks Yamaha!
Just got a call from the dealership. They’ve already received the part and installed it. Bike is ready for pick up!
Old 07-26-2019, 05:40 PM

Garage
It's refreshing when old style customer service is given. I've been in retail my entire adult working years and the main issue is not companies wanting to give great customer service, but many consumers take advantage and want something for nothing. This is a hot topic within the retail industry, where do you draw the line.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Old 07-26-2019, 07:56 PM

Quote:

Yamaha Motor Corp.
This is wonderful to hear! Good for Yamaha, happy for you El Jefe, and thanks for the post! One more GREAT reason for me to continue on with my plans to buy a Venture in the Fall.

My big concern has been that this bike isn’t selling, Yamaha is getting outta the cruiser business, etc., and that they just won’t stick it out with this bike. More and more info comes in reassuring me they believe in this machine and they’ll back it up, regardless. The announcement of a USA 2020 Venture was a big deal—that “Impact” blue—clearly a faster color—is calling my name. And this is one more “data point” to complete the profile.

Thanks again for the post, El Jefe de Pistola. Happy for ya, and good for Yamaha!
lesblank likes this.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:16 PM

Thanks for posting that ChiefGunner, It's the reason I've been riding Yamaha for 45 years. Yamaha Corp. and the two dealers I've used have taken good care of me.
lesblank likes this.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
Old 07-26-2019, 08:24 PM

Location: Western Colorado (Grand Junction) summers, Wickenburg, AZ winters.
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha Pat View Post
Thanks for posting that ChiefGunner, It's the reason I've been riding Yamaha for 45 years. Yamaha Corp. and the two dealers I've used have taken good care of me.
--

Next thing you know, you'll start calling yourself "Yamaha Joe" or something. Ha, ha! Oh, wait...

--
lesblank, Yamaha Pat and Cliffieg like this.

--
How will I know when I get there if I don't know where I'm going?
--
Old 07-27-2019, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesblank View Post
It's refreshing when old style customer service is given. I've been in retail my entire adult working years and the main issue is not companies wanting to give great customer service, but many consumers take advantage and want something for nothing. This is a hot topic within the retail industry, where do you draw the line.
Yes it is refreshing! The fact is, I didn’t know the speakers were not part of the 5 year warranty. That’s MY fault for not reading carefully. They legally didn’t have to cover it, but they DID as a “good Will gesture” as they stated. In the whole scope of things, a $249 speaker is not a big deal to a huge company, but the good will they showed a customer is worth FAR MORE than the speaker!
lesblank likes this.
Old 07-27-2019, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffieg View Post
Quote:

Yamaha Motor Corp.
This is wonderful to hear! Good for Yamaha, happy for you El Jefe, and thanks for the post! One more GREAT reason for me to continue on with my plans to buy a Venture in the Fall.

My big concern has been that this bike isn’t selling, Yamaha is getting outta the cruiser business, etc., and that they just won’t stick it out with this bike. More and more info comes in reassuring me they believe in this machine and they’ll back it up, regardless. The announcement of a USA 2020 Venture was a big deal—that “Impact” blue—clearly a faster color—is calling my name. And this is one more “data point” to complete the profile.

Thanks again for the post, El Jefe de Pistola. Happy for ya, and good for Yamaha!
You’re welcome @Cliffieg ! Gotta tell ya, I’d have been hard pressed to choose if they had that blue at the same time as the red.
As to it being “faster”, well we’ll have to put THAT to the test. 😉
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in