Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

2018 vs 2020, eh?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Kevin White 
#1 ·
For our friends in Canada that already have the 2020 TCs on the road and can compare to the 2018s, is there REALLY a big enough difference between the nav systems to justify buying a new 2020 vs a discounted but new 2018? It seems that and a new color are the only changes.

I'm seeing the 2018s new here in the states for 22k and less. If nothing has really changed it seem it seems like a pretty compelling argument to pick up the older model and the rest can go to farkles and putting miles towards some wind therapy.

What do you all think?

#8 ·
I have the 2020 SVTC (I am in Canada), two to three weeks ago Yamaha sent the fix through to the dealerships to activate the GPS and it works great. I still have not figured out how to download maps I create on my computer but there is a lot of advise on this forum so I am sure I will figure it out.

#4 ·
What do you all think?
I think it does not bode well for the future of the SVTC that there are still 2018 bikes sitting in crates unsold (unwanted) 2 years after they were built.

Reactions: Lonestar
#5 ·
You may be right KCW. I was at my dealer a couple of weeks ago. They sell mutli brands. All there Ventures were sold but they still had two eluders. They still had there first new gold wing sitting on show room floor. I think all big touring bikes are having slow sales. Hopefully sales will pick up for all the manufactures.

#9 ·
Thanks for all the input. I'll have to see what's available once I'm ready to make a move and by then I hope I'll be able to look at both, though getting an 18SVTC under 19k sounds like a pretty sweet deal either way and I'm sure the money saved could be used to make up any difference :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.