2018 vs 2020, eh? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 8Likes
  • 3 Post By Kevin White
  • 1 Post By sdunker
  • 1 Post By KCW
  • 1 Post By sdunker
  • 1 Post By Lonestar
  • 1 Post By RobG

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
2018 vs 2020, eh?

For our friends in Canada that already have the 2020 TCs on the road and can compare to the 2018s, is there REALLY a big enough difference between the nav systems to justify buying a new 2020 vs a discounted but new 2018? It seems that and a new color are the only changes.

I'm seeing the 2018s new here in the states for 22k and less. If nothing has really changed it seem it seems like a pretty compelling argument to pick up the older model and the rest can go to farkles and putting miles towards some wind therapy.

What do you all think?

Kevin - Future SVTC Owner

Me: 2013 Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager, Speedohealer, Chuckster BAK, V&H slash tip exhaust, RacnRay Throttle Mod, P205/60R-16 Goodyear Assurance TripleTred All-Season
Wife: 2011 Harley StreetGlide, you know, that black HD over there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 12:26 PM

Garage
From what i have seen in this forum the nav systems are a sore spot and not working very well

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:13 PM

The nav system on my 2018 works extremley well. I have no complaints
Deeksvstarclassic likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 08:28 AM
KCW

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin White View Post
What do you all think?
I think it does not bode well for the future of the SVTC that there are still 2018 bikes sitting in crates unsold (unwanted) 2 years after they were built.
Lonestar likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
I think it does not bode well for the future of the SVTC that there are still 2018 bikes sitting in crates unsold (unwanted) 2 years after they were built.
You may be right KCW. I was at my dealer a couple of weeks ago. They sell mutli brands. All there Ventures were sold but they still had two eluders. They still had there first new gold wing sitting on show room floor. I think all big touring bikes are having slow sales. Hopefully sales will pick up for all the manufactures.
Lonestar likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
I totally agree with you KCW!! It is almost disconcerting to see all the left overs still sitting there, even at wayyy reduced prices.. We stopped at a Dealership in Alabama - I think it was called "Hall's" last week and they had new left over SV Transconintals for 16 grand.. Lots of dealerships are now in the 17's for them and still get out from under them.. It sure makes one wonder if Star MTR's will keep producing after doing all that discounting
Scrumdown likes this.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunker View Post
You may be right KCW. I was at my dealer a couple of weeks ago. They sell mutli brands. All there Ventures were sold but they still had two eluders. They still had there first new gold wing sitting on show room floor. I think all big touring bikes are having slow sales. Hopefully sales will pick up for all the manufactures.
While you may be right, I know a guy who bought a brand new still in the crate 2016 Goldwing yesterday.

Rob - 18 Raspberry SVTC, 08 Pearl White Navi Goldwing
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeksvstarclassic View Post
From what i have seen in this forum the nav systems are a sore spot and not working very well
I have the 2020 SVTC (I am in Canada), two to three weeks ago Yamaha sent the fix through to the dealerships to activate the GPS and it works great. I still have not figured out how to download maps I create on my computer but there is a lot of advise on this forum so I am sure I will figure it out.
Deeksvstarclassic likes this.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for all the input. I'll have to see what's available once I'm ready to make a move and by then I hope I'll be able to look at both, though getting an 18SVTC under 19k sounds like a pretty sweet deal either way and I'm sure the money saved could be used to make up any difference

Kevin - Future SVTC Owner

Me: 2013 Kawasaki VN1700 Voyager, Speedohealer, Chuckster BAK, V&H slash tip exhaust, RacnRay Throttle Mod, P205/60R-16 Goodyear Assurance TripleTred All-Season
Wife: 2011 Harley StreetGlide, you know, that black HD over there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode