Handlebar specs - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By ChiefGunner
  • 1 Post By Cliffieg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Handlebar specs

Anybody have the thickness specs on the SVTC bars at the clamp? At the grips? There wonít be aftermarket bars for these so wondering if the Harley touring bar replacements are an option. Me no likey the stock ones when I sat on one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 06:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffieg View Post
Anybody have the thickness specs on the SVTC bars at the clamp? At the grips? There won’t be aftermarket bars for these so wondering if the Harley touring bar replacements are an option. Me no likey the stock ones when I sat on one.
Hey @Cliffieg most of the people I know are putting those 2” handlebar risers on. The cables don’t have a lot of extra length but there IS enough to accommodate the risers. Reports are that it makes a big difference especially for shorter riders who want to be able to lean back.
I think that’s a safer and proven way for you to go. Just my 2 cents.
Cliffieg likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Anybody have the thickness specs on the SVTC bars at the clamp? At the grips? There wonít be aftermarket bars for these so wondering if the Harley touring bar replacements are an option. Me no likey the stock ones when I sat on one.
The stock handle bars can be adjusted so unless you want bars that pull way back there should be enough adjustment in the stock bars to accommodate almost anyone. I am 5' 7" and the stock bars work fine for me. To adjust them loosen the two mounts and the handle bars will rotate forward and backward providing a small amount of adjustment.

You can also adjust the seat backrest as it has a total of three positions so it will move you closer to the handle bars as well, I keep my backrest in the farthest back position away from the handle bars.

So as you can see there really is a couple of ways to adjust your position on this motorcycle to fine tune your reach to the handle bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
The stock handle bars can be adjusted so unless you want bars that pull way back there should be enough adjustment in the stock bars to accommodate almost anyone. I am 5' 7" and the stock bars work fine for me. To adjust them loosen the two mounts and the handle bars will rotate forward and backward providing a small amount of adjustment.

You can also adjust the seat backrest as it has a total of three positions so it will move you closer to the handle bars as well, I keep my backrest in the farthest back position away from the handle bars.

So as you can see there really is a couple of ways to adjust your position on this motorcycle to fine tune your reach to the handle bars.
Iím abnormally tall at 6í7Ē...do you think I would be able to rotate them upward about 2-3 inches? Iíll need higher and further away.

Iím probably about 6 weeks away from an SVTC purchase. Trying to make sure current owners are finding their way to good ergonomics despite the lack of aftermarket options. Thatís really my only concern.
lesblank likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 AM

The handlebars can be rotated forward which will move the up as they rotate forward, so yes you can do what you are looking for, just remember that with any handlebar there is limited adjustment because you will have to watch the clutch and brake lever position as well as the master cylinder position for each.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGunner View Post
Hey @Cliffieg most of the people I know are putting those 2Ē handlebar risers on. The cables donít have a lot of extra length but there IS enough to accommodate the risers. Reports are that it makes a big difference especially for shorter riders who want to be able to lean back.
I think thatís a safer and proven way for you to go. Just my 2 cents.
The 1Ē ones? Itís actually proven impossibleóat least for meóto find out something so simple as a definitive answer on the diameter of the SVTC bars. I assume 1Ē. Cainít find no confirmation nowheres.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Hey @Cliffieg most of the people I know are putting those 2” handlebar risers on. The cables don’t have a lot of extra length but there IS enough to accommodate the risers. Reports are that it makes a big difference especially for shorter riders who want to be able to lean back.
I think that’s a safer and proven way for you to go. Just my 2 cents.
The 1” ones? It’s actually proven impossible—at least for me—to find out something so simple as a definitive answer on the diameter of the SVTC bars. I assume 1”. Cain’t find no confirmation nowheres.
Sorry @Cliffieg , yes they are 1” bars. The cables don’t have a lot of slack to be able to have different bars installed, but the 2” risers mentioned earlier will give you adjustment and have worked pretty well for everyone so far.
It DOES make fueling a little more tricky in that you lose some door clearance and the handlebars must remain centered when fueling. losing control of the bars during fueling could break the fuel door off.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sorry @Cliffieg , yes they are 1Ē bars. The cables donít have a lot of slack to be able to have different bars installed, but the 2Ē risers mentioned earlier will give you adjustment and have worked pretty well for everyone so far.
It DOES make fueling a little more tricky in that you lose some door clearance and the handlebars must remain centered when fueling. losing control of the bars during fueling could break the fuel door off.
Gotcha, El Jefe, thanks! Hope my post didn't come off wrong--didn't mean to imply you should have provided that spec in your previous post. Just meant I couldn't find it--Yamaha doesn't seem to list it anywhere.

THANK YOU!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in