Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Handlebar specs

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Cliffieg 
#1 ·
Anybody have the thickness specs on the SVTC bars at the clamp? At the grips? There won’t be aftermarket bars for these so wondering if the Harley touring bar replacements are an option. Me no likey the stock ones when I sat on one.

#2 ·
Hey @Cliffieg most of the people I know are putting those 2” handlebar risers on. The cables don’t have a lot of extra length but there IS enough to accommodate the risers. Reports are that it makes a big difference especially for shorter riders who want to be able to lean back.
I think that’s a safer and proven way for you to go. Just my 2 cents.

#3 ·
The stock handle bars can be adjusted so unless you want bars that pull way back there should be enough adjustment in the stock bars to accommodate almost anyone. I am 5' 7" and the stock bars work fine for me. To adjust them loosen the two mounts and the handle bars will rotate forward and backward providing a small amount of adjustment.

You can also adjust the seat backrest as it has a total of three positions so it will move you closer to the handle bars as well, I keep my backrest in the farthest back position away from the handle bars.

So as you can see there really is a couple of ways to adjust your position on this motorcycle to fine tune your reach to the handle bars.

#4 ·
I’m abnormally tall at 6’7”...do you think I would be able to rotate them upward about 2-3 inches? I’ll need higher and further away.

I’m probably about 6 weeks away from an SVTC purchase. Trying to make sure current owners are finding their way to good ergonomics despite the lack of aftermarket options. That’s really my only concern.

#5 ·
The handlebars can be rotated forward which will move the up as they rotate forward, so yes you can do what you are looking for, just remember that with any handlebar there is limited adjustment because you will have to watch the clutch and brake lever position as well as the master cylinder position for each.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.