Sad to see this forum with such low activity - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Sad to see this forum with such low activity

I see this forum has really dropped off in activity, I even opened up the other Venture forum you know the one that you have to pay to post, that one is also lacking in activity. I was curious to see if people left this forum and went to that one but that does not seem to be the case.

I closed up my youtube account because I had someone who kept flagging my videos making it a complete pain in the rear end so I just gave up on it. If I don't care for your videos I just move on, I don't care what you post but some out there feel the need to control everything and everyone.

I posted up some threads but there just does not seem to be any traffic here anymore, I get more traffic posting about the Yamaha Star Venture over at a Victory forum.

Hopefully this forum can make a comeback, I don't see any value in posting at a forum you have to pay to post at so that should be a huge positive for this forum over the other pay to post forum.
KCW likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 09:09 AM
KCW

Garage
Since I got my Royal Star last fall I have noticed there are almost NO posts here about Royal Star bikes, or the older venture touring bikes on the same base model.

I think mostly because the bike is so reliable and easy to work on, there is really nothing to say about it. Could be the same with the SVTC - people are out riding them and except for issues with the GPS or gadgets, there is nothing to talk about?

kinda like my 2007 Toyota Corolla - just oil and gas and drive drive drive - thats a good thing.

Last edited by KCW; 09-17-2019 at 09:17 AM.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:55 AM

Garage
As I see it, this forum is one of the better ones. The activity is about average compared to most. Sometimes the xt225 forum will go a couple of days with no new posts!
I think that KCW hit it on the head , because the bikes are so reliable, other than customizing and upgrades, how much of a conversation starter is it to talk about routine oil changes and new tires . Other than all the riding in between ,the maintenance is kind of boring. Not that I don't enjoy a day in the shop with the bike up on the stand, listening to music, drinking a beer, cleaning and checking things while the oil drains . It's fun but I'm not going to post about it.
Be patient American. Some people are shy about posting, but if they have a question or problem they know they can get help here. There are a lot of smart people here but sometimes a question will sit there with no responses. Maybe a case of not saying anything than to give a wrong answer?
Still one of the better forums. I love picture of the day, jokes. and bad ass bikers! THANKS les blank and all the others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 02:55 PM

the 1100 was a highly modified bike that generated a lot of posts but there out of production ten years.
Keith Post likes this.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 06:51 PM
Premium Member

I agree with Skypupbob and will add I feel like a lot of these folks have become friends. Local ones like YamahaPat and I have done one ride together and plan to do more, I had a chance while on the east coast to meet up and ride with ChiefGunner. Now watching the posts in the 2019 Regional Members get together they're having, it's fun to see the activities and rides they're on. It's a great group of people here and one simply needs to poke around at all the posts and see what's going on, IMHO.

Boots
2002 V-Star 1100
Antioch, CA
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Previous bikes:
2004 BMW K1200GT
1995 BMW 1100 LT
1970 Honda 500/4
1969 Kawasaki 500HD - 3 cylinder rocket
1968 Yamaha 250
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 06:54 PM

Garage
Well, I can say from the Maggie Valley rally that Bucfan11 & I are tearing it up out here.
Bikes are running great and it’s pretty awesome to see TWO SVTC’s running together.
I’ve been taking the lead and Bucfan11 (Rob) has been Bringing up the rear and we’ve been in comms by CB.
Everything is working GREAT!
As a matter of fact, we two filled up our bikes the night before and during the day today ALL the other bikes had to stop for gas BUT Rob & I still had over 1/4 a tank left when we got back to the hotel. Running Blue Ridge & Mt. Mitchell in 4th gear at about 2k rpm’s and it’s getting PHENOMENAL gas mileage!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this bike!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 06:59 PM

Garage
There are currently 9 forum members in Waynesville NC riding the mountains. Most of the people here are very active posters. I'm about the only posting while here as I came prepared to so. This forum actively assist many people and post riding experience. I personally think it's a great forum.

Les B.
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 07:54 PM

Garage
My job is seasonal...summer's freedom is paid for by 14-16 hour days from September to May. One weekend "off-duty" a month... I'll be in here only occasionally until then. I have a couple hours off on Thursday afternoon - going for a ride and dinner with my favorite passenger... I miss ya'll!

Rich
Seven Stars/Tuning Forks
2018 SVTC
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 08:46 PM

I find this forum to be quite active compared to some I'm on (not motorcycle related). I'm here for the social aspects but I read the threads when someone needs help and am constantly amazed what you guys know.

Riding is not just what I do but who I am.

Cherry 2007 650 Classic
The Strat 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 09:13 AM

Garage
Life is too short to sit and bitch about it. I like to just go out and have some fun. Nothing like a good laugh to sooth the soul. A smile can be infectious. And yes i will wave to people on scooters, ya gotta start somewhere.

I ain't lost until the tank is empty!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode