Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Sad to see this forum with such low activity

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  KCW 
#1 ·
I see this forum has really dropped off in activity, I even opened up the other Venture forum you know the one that you have to pay to post, that one is also lacking in activity. I was curious to see if people left this forum and went to that one but that does not seem to be the case.

I closed up my youtube account because I had someone who kept flagging my videos making it a complete pain in the rear end so I just gave up on it. If I don't care for your videos I just move on, I don't care what you post but some out there feel the need to control everything and everyone.

I posted up some threads but there just does not seem to be any traffic here anymore, I get more traffic posting about the Yamaha Star Venture over at a Victory forum.

Hopefully this forum can make a comeback, I don't see any value in posting at a forum you have to pay to post at so that should be a huge positive for this forum over the other pay to post forum.

#2 · (Edited)
Since I got my Royal Star last fall I have noticed there are almost NO posts here about Royal Star bikes, or the older venture touring bikes on the same base model.

I think mostly because the bike is so reliable and easy to work on, there is really nothing to say about it. Could be the same with the SVTC - people are out riding them and except for issues with the GPS or gadgets, there is nothing to talk about?

kinda like my 2007 Toyota Corolla - just oil and gas and drive drive drive - thats a good thing.

#3 ·
As I see it, this forum is one of the better ones. The activity is about average compared to most. Sometimes the xt225 forum will go a couple of days with no new posts!
I think that KCW hit it on the head , because the bikes are so reliable, other than customizing and upgrades, how much of a conversation starter is it to talk about routine oil changes and new tires . Other than all the riding in between ,the maintenance is kind of boring. Not that I don't enjoy a day in the shop with the bike up on the stand, listening to music, drinking a beer, cleaning and checking things while the oil drains . It's fun but I'm not going to post about it.
Be patient American. Some people are shy about posting, but if they have a question or problem they know they can get help here. There are a lot of smart people here but sometimes a question will sit there with no responses. Maybe a case of not saying anything than to give a wrong answer?
Still one of the better forums. I love picture of the day, jokes. and bad ass bikers! THANKS les blank and all the others.

#5 ·
I agree with Skypupbob and will add I feel like a lot of these folks have become friends. Local ones like YamahaPat and I have done one ride together and plan to do more, I had a chance while on the east coast to meet up and ride with ChiefGunner. Now watching the posts in the 2019 Regional Members get together they're having, it's fun to see the activities and rides they're on. It's a great group of people here and one simply needs to poke around at all the posts and see what's going on, IMHO.

#6 ·
Well, I can say from the Maggie Valley rally that Bucfan11 & I are tearing it up out here.
Bikes are running great and it’s pretty awesome to see TWO SVTC’s running together.
I’ve been taking the lead and Bucfan11 (Rob) has been Bringing up the rear and we’ve been in comms by CB.
Everything is working GREAT!
As a matter of fact, we two filled up our bikes the night before and during the day today ALL the other bikes had to stop for gas BUT Rob & I still had over 1/4 a tank left when we got back to the hotel. Running Blue Ridge & Mt. Mitchell in 4th gear at about 2k rpm’s and it’s getting PHENOMENAL gas mileage!
LOVE LOVE LOVE this bike!

#7 ·
There are currently 9 forum members in Waynesville NC riding the mountains. Most of the people here are very active posters. I'm about the only posting while here as I came prepared to so. This forum actively assist many people and post riding experience. I personally think it's a great forum.

#8 ·
My job is seasonal...summer's freedom is paid for by 14-16 hour days from September to May. One weekend "off-duty" a month... I'll be in here only occasionally until then. I have a couple hours off on Thursday afternoon - going for a ride and dinner with my favorite passenger... I miss ya'll!

#11 ·
^ I agree with Pat, Deek and Boots... As a short time member I find many many helpful tips and suggestions for my 950 and also my riding enjoyment. What I really find amazing is the amount of information that is being shared among current members and the newer members. Many bikes get fixed and altered with the information garnered through this forum. As you can see by the other threads members are getting together to share fellowship and riding enjoyment in all parts of the country. I really enjoy the pictures that are being posted by various members as well as the videos. Some with music... some without! It would certainly help if Yamaha would come out with some newer bikes but that is a wait and see topic. Who really knows where we are headed with the developments of electric power....Pretty soon we will be back to discussing what substance to put in our spokes to get that bike rumble sound back!! HAHA...

#12 ·
I didn't even know there was a section here that you had to pay to access.

My bike is running great, and I've been out riding, so very little to talk about. I could attempt to answer questions for those who are having issues, but there are people on here far more knowledgeable than myself. So mostly, I come, read some stuff, then leave..only posting occasionally when I see a topic of interest.

#13 ·
I've seen many forums go from awesome to dead. Forums need to have traffic to attract advertiser's.
This forum is fabulous. I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge available here as well as the willingness of these folks to help out.
Encourage your Biker friends to come here and participate. There are no dumb questions so don't be afraid to ask.
If you have knowledge about a topic don't be afraid to offer help to other's. You never know how your comments might help someone.
This is a great resource for all of us so let's keep it going.

#18 ·
Cards work.But for that deep rumble sound a balloon or 2 would shake some windows back in the day....at least thats what we thought anyhow!! Schwinn Stingray and a Schwinn Manta Ray...circa 1960's and 70's Once I graduated to my Schwinn Varsity I was too cool for baseball cards and balloons in the spokes..I was into riding wheelies on the 10 speed..

#15 ·
I agree with all of those that have replied. I admit that we may slow down some, but hey, when the weather is conducive for riding, we need to take advantage of it before winter settles in that many of us experience.
I’ve been a member here since July of 2013, and as a member/moderator, I’ve seen several members come and go, and Im always wondering why.I’m on one other forum and it’s fairly active, but not nearly as active as this one. I have learned so much from everyone and I hope some of the members have learned something from me. I’m in no way a mechanic, but I study and learn and read. Even my grandkids think I’m a cool grandpa because I ride a motorcycle, lol. People we run into are always complimenting us on our bikes, especially Monica’s. She has influenced many women out there, and is encouraging them to get out and ride!
I think we have a very good and active forum, and try to provide a little something for everyone. We don’t all agree on everything, but that’s part of our diversity. We all don’t live in yellow houses and drive the same kind of car, right? Just my.02 cents worth, and if you don’t agree, give your moderators some ideas/suggestions for improvements. We moderators aren’t perfect, and we don’t get paid to be one, but rest assure, we love this forum and all of our members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
People are changing. Most folks today have a short attention span. Technology has changed so many things and there is so much out there to get our attention. Folks dive into a new pursuit and are all excited about it for awhile. Then the excitement wears off. Then they are on to the next big thing. I think that is a part of the reason you see forum traffic go up and down. Not just here but on many forums.

#20 ·
I have a yellow Stingray clone I made from a 20" mountain bike - keep it a work, its the McDonalds Express at lunchtime (but I usually go to TimHortons)

I would love to have a Schwinn Manta ray (sting ray with 24" wheels) - they are great cruising bicycle if you can get a well padded banana seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.