Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Happy Rider

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  RobG 
#1 ·
Been a while since I posted, been busy with work and with riding my 2020 Venture!! I have put on over 10K kms (6K miles) since I picked it up in June.

Very thrilled with the bike in every aspect, the braking, handling, storage, heated seats and grips, accessories, GPS, etc etc all fantastic. Well worth the $.

I road through a very heavy wind storm a couple of weeks ago on the way to Gaspe, Quebec and if I was still on my Roadstar I would have had to give up but the Venture made me feel comfortable and it pushed through it.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Glad to see a 2020 owner who is riding the Star Venture, I find this motorcycle to be very stable in windy conditions as well, the Yamaha Star Venture is a hidden jewel that if people would just give it a try would find this motorcycle really out preforms all the other motorcycles in its class.

Feature wise you have to step up to the Harley Davidson CVO model in the mid $40,000 dollar range and you still don't get everything Yamaha gives you on the Transcontinental model for $26,999.

Even the Indian Elite at $36,000 dollars falls short of what Yamaha gives you.

The Goldwing just can't compete due to how much Honda downsized the storage and I really don't want an automatic on a motorcycle, half the fun is shifting the gears.

Kawasaki is way behind everyone with just the bare basics on their Vulcan Voyager motorcycle.

Suzuki does not have anything to compete with.

BMW really isn't a direct competitor either.

Victory was closed down so Polaris could push the Indian brand which was a smart move on their part.

Yamaha hit a grand slam home run with the Star Venture motorcycles but the Harley mentality really hurts all the other brands.

I owned a Harley Davidson Ultra Limited and while it was a nice motorcycle it just does not compare to the Yamaha Star Venture Transcontinental. I really just don't see the allure to owning a Harley Davidson, I owned mine for 2 1/2 years and was happy to trade it in because Harleys just have to many out dated designs on their chassis/suspensions.

Even the looks are still pretty much the same after all these decades, I frankly find Harley Davidson's to be boring.

#3 ·
Great to hear, RobG! Glad to see the GPS on your satisfaction list...took 'em a while but they got you taken care of. That's one more thing that's pushed me into buy mode on the SVTC...Yamaha may be a touch sluggish, but given what I've read, they appear to be standing behind the warranty and ultimately making things right with regard to the features. Heck, they even replaced El Jefe's speaker!

#4 ·
Been a while since I posted, been busy with work and with riding my 2020 Venture!! I have put on over 10K kms (6K miles) since I picked it up in June.

Very thrilled with the bike in every aspect, the braking, handling, storage, heated seats and grips, accessories, GPS, etc etc all fantastic. Well worth the $.

I road through a very heavy wind storm a couple of weeks ago on the way to Gaspe, Quebec and if I was still on my Roadstar I would have had to give up but the Venture made me feel comfortable and it pushed through it.
Great to hear, RobG! Glad to see the GPS on your satisfaction list...took 'em a while but they got you taken care of. That's one more thing that's pushed me into buy mode on the SVTC...Yamaha may be a touch sluggish, but given what I've read, they appear to be standing behind the warranty and ultimately making things right with regard to the features. Heck, they even replaced El Jefe's speaker!
Yes they did and they didn’t have to. They did it as a “gesture of good will” they said. Fine by me!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.