Great service & prices! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By ChiefGunner
  • 2 Post By Boots
  • 1 Post By ChiefGunner

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Great service & prices!

After the rally in Waynes Valley I needed new tires. Got the front for $107 and the rear for $197 and that’s for the OEM Bridgestones!
If you’re ever in Charlotte and need anything, I HIGHLY recommend Team Charlotte Motorsports.
Teamcharlottemotorsports.com
lesblank and Redbird58 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 11:27 AM
Premium Member

That's where I got my oil changed when I was out there, right? It was good service and a reasonable price but it was funny that you called me on the cell when I was standing there dropping the bike off and you told the guy to give me the "Tony" discount. It worked well! It's a good place, lots to look at while your waiting for the oil change too.
lesblank and Redbird58 like this.

Boots
2002 V-Star 1100
Antioch, CA
You don't stop riding when you get old, you get old when you stop riding
Previous bikes:
2004 BMW K1200GT
1995 BMW 1100 LT
1970 Honda 500/4
1969 Kawasaki 500HD - 3 cylinder rocket
1968 Yamaha 250
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 02:26 PM

How much to R&R the tires removing them from the bike and replacing them then adjusting the belt tension. Cost of the tires is one thing but the labor to remove the wheels from the motorcycle front and rear adds to the cost.

I buy my tires from Wingstuff web site just add dot com. Great service free shipping to your door and prices are good as well. Front and rear combo is $339.99 shipped free to your door.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots View Post
That's where I got my oil changed when I was out there, right? It was good service and a reasonable price but it was funny that you called me on the cell when I was standing there dropping the bike off and you told the guy to give me the "Tony" discount. It worked well! It's a good place, lots to look at while your waiting for the oil change too.
Yes it was! I knew they’d treat you right. My best friend ride down from Pennsylvania and had his bike serviced there. He loves them enough he’s coming back down to buy a bike there & I get a $100 referral bonus!
Boots likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
How much to R&R the tires removing them from the bike and replacing them then adjusting the belt tension. Cost of the tires is one thing but the labor to remove the wheels from the motorcycle front and rear adds to the cost.

I buy my tires from Wingstuff web site just add dot com. Great service free shipping to your door and prices are good as well. Front and rear combo is $339.99 shipped free to your door.
Removal, disposal, balancing, mounting and everything is &200. That’s including the fact I have a Hitch Dr. trailer hitch.
BTW, your $339 price.... is that for Bridgestone or Dunlap?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-04-2019, 03:54 AM

That is for the OEM Bridgestone tires a combo deal they always have, they also sell the Dunlop as the Goldwing comes with either the Bridgestone or the Dunlop, the Dunlop is more expensive and with how good the Bridgestone's perform in all conditions wet and dry I don't see the need to try the Dunlop's.

Besides I seem to always move away from OEM Dunlops on my Motorcycles, my Victory Cross Country Tour I switched to Avon Cobras a great tire, my Harley Davidson Ultra Limited I switched to Michelin Commander II tires and even my old 1989 Goldwing I switched to Metzler tires.

I am not a big fan of Dunlop tires.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by American View Post
That is for the OEM Bridgestone tires a combo deal they always have, they also sell the Dunlop as the Goldwing comes with either the Bridgestone or the Dunlop, the Dunlop is more expensive and with how good the Bridgestone's perform in all conditions wet and dry I don't see the need to try the Dunlop's.

Besides I seem to always move away from OEM Dunlops on my Motorcycles, my Victory Cross Country Tour I switched to Avon Cobras a great tire, my Harley Davidson Ultra Limited I switched to Michelin Commander II tires and even my old 1989 Goldwing I switched to Metzler tires.

I am not a big fan of Dunlop tires.
In my 91 Venture Royals I used to run the OEM Dunlop Touring Elite II with the raised white lettering. They were a dual compound rubber construction.. harder center and softer outer for better cornering. They were great for that bike.
I say that cuz not all Dunlop’s are bad. Kinda goes the same for every brand. Some models are better than others.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Today, 05:15 AM

No where did I say Dunlops were bad tires, I only said I am not a big fan of Dunlop tires and always switch to other brands.

Dunlops are almost always at the top of the price list. It has been my own experience that there are other major brands that perform just as well or better for less money.

Example from wing stuff:

Bridgestone front and rear tire $339.99

Dunlop front and rear tire $479.98

Price difference between Bridgestone and the Dunlop $139.99
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in