Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Kuryakyn longhorn peg mounts

4K views 26 replies 6 participants last post by  Cliffieg 
#1 ·
So I’m trying to get the 1” magnum clamp onto the Venture guard bar and there just doesn’t appear to be any way to get it on the bar without removing the fog light assembly. To tight a squeeze, or so it seems. What did you guys do? I know you got ‘em on there!

#7 ·
Cliffieg, just come down to Houston and I'll help you. If you run the speed limit it's only about 2.5 hours, that should be like a ride around the corner with your new bike. :)

#9 ·
Absolutely, but no "dumbass" lessons, just one Texan helping another.

#14 · (Edited)
Wish we were closer. I get frustrated at times and walk away for a bit before I break something. But there have been times I reach deeper in my tool box. :)

#21 ·
Yep, they make all sizes with different angles. I use some old plastic spatulas wife was about to throw away years ago. I cut them to the shape I need. But here's some to buy.

#24 ·
Good job. How are they riding?

#27 ·
Lost the left peg at about 65 mph today. It’s a bit to’ up, but it’s still functional. Put my foot out and felt mush...then, buh-bye.

Just didn’t tighten it back up, I guess, after mucking with it repeatedly. Yet another dumbass move on my part.

Weird thing: some dude in a car was waiting to pick it up by the time I turned around and got back to where it sat on the highway . He grabbed it and handed it to me. It had been there about 90 seconds. Got the feeling he wasn’t expecting me to roll up on him, parked to the side. Weird. Nice of him, I guess?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.