Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New Venture Guy

4K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  ChiefGunner 
#1 ·
Awaiting the delivery of my new Impact Blue VentureTC. Dealer says sometime next month, so figured I'd dial in on what you guys have learned about them in the past 2 years.
I must admit I wasn't looking forward to giving up Stratoliner Deluxe, because I really LOVE that bike, but the wife really liked the larger back seats of the full touring bikes. Had almost convinced myself on the Indian Chieftain but the news of the new Venture a couple of years ago, and the $10k cheaper price tag saved me.
I am a "bagger" guy. Just like the looks of that style of bike. Thus my love for my Strat, so I kept putting it off telling my wife they didn't come in a color I liked. One of my sons was pushing me to upgrade too. He has a Star 1100 and really wanted that Strat.
I had been doing so well holding them off until I took the Strat into my dealer for service back in July and in idle conversation with the owner, ask what colors for the Venture in 2020? When he showed me the new Impact Blue, I knew the gig was up. I told him to put my name on the first TC to come through the door, and began planning my trip to Virginia to deliver the Strat to my son.
Best 2 weeks of my riding life. 1400 miles from Texas doing and going where ever I wanted and some great rides spending time with my sons when I got there.
Had to fly back home knowing the next 90 days with no bike was not going to be fun, but the day is fast approaching for the Venture to arrive, so I'm hoping it will be worth the wait.
Looking forward to learning the ups and downs for you experienced Venture / Eluder guys in the future...

Clayton

See less See more
#3 ·
Welcome from Belton, TX, Clayton! I bought a 2018 Venture TC about 3 weeks ago. Held on to my 2008 Roadliner, which has 45k on it. Just finished a trip out to Big Bend on the old girl...also about 1400 miles. IMO, the Venture is a genuine improvement—handling and suspension are incredibly good. Think you’ll feel the upgrade was worth it. Heated grips, electric windshield, cruise control, six gears. Awesome brakes. Where the liner gets a little buzzy about 75mph this one is smooth as can be. Feels like 65 at 90. Your wife is gonna LOVE it.

#4 ·
Hi Clayton!
Welcome from East Tennessee. Seen the Eluder several times in various dealerships and I must admit, it’s impressive. The membership of Ventures and Eluders continues to grow weekly. Keep us updated on it once you take delivery, we’ll be interested to know just how much you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Welcome to the “club” from North Carolina.
Clayton, I purchased my RED SVTC on the Priority Delivery Program and was the first in the South East to get one.
I’ve got over 34k miles on it so far and LOVING it. Done LOTS of customizing and I’m just getting started!
LOVE the blue! If they’d have had that for 2018, I’d have got it. The 2018 Eluder had that color and I went so far as to ask Yamaha if I could. CUSTOM ORDER and SVTC in those colors but they said “no”. ?
Anyways, you’re gonna love this bike and so will your wife. So will your wife! She can ask my wife IF she can wake her up from her NAP on the back! ?

#7 ·
We will likely be staying at the Comfort Inn, they treated us very well when we were there in August (first weekend I had the SVTC). Our 70-pound dog won't fit on the bike with my wife and I, so he stays at home with the kids. Thanks for the suggestions. Don't know what kind of places those are, but we are always looking for new places to eat.

Daniel

#19 ·
Well, yes it has been awhile since I've posted about the new bike. As a mater of fact, I've only gotten to put less then 50 miles on it. The first week was nothing but cold, wet weather and last week it spent back at the dealer trying to figure out why the GPS won't show a map. :(
What little I DID get to ride was great though. Everything else works perfectly. Never had a bike with the heated seats and grips before and LOVE those options. Had to put the grips on the low setting because they got too hot even with gloves on. :D
As I said, the weather has been dismal so I haven't been pushing the point, but yesterday was in the 70's and sunny and I am getting antsy. Went buy the dealer just to make sure I haven't dreamed the whole "I own a new Venture" thing.
Yamaha has sent the dealer a couple of software upgrades but still no luck. I think it's time for them to send a whole new info head unit be done with it.
We'll see what the new week brings. Better weather coming and I NEED to ride!!!

#22 ·
Picked the bike up from the dealer last night. GPS still not working but everything else is. Pretty good weather for the rest of the week, so I AM getting some of that wind therapy even if it's just going to work and back.
Told the dealer to order a new 'infotainment' unit, and call me when it arrives!

#23 ·
@ClaytonG There’s got to be something the dealership isn’t doing right. The only people I know of who had GPS issues right away were Canadian residents but that was a different issue.
If you check out a thread I posted on my bike with 35k miles on it, I recently had an issue with mine. They completely re-loaded the software and it seems to be fine but the jury is still out in that. Haven’t been able to ride as much since they did it.
So, everything else works eh?
On the home screen where you can select “NAV” is the button for it greyed out? If it is then the software for the NAV is not booting up. If you can pull it up but it doesn’t navigate, that’s a different issue.
If everything else in the Infotainment system works BUT the NAV, it’s gonna be a software or antennae issue.
Keep us apprised.
Thanks and happy riding!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.