anyone got RSTD bar end weights they want to part with? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

anyone got RSTD bar end weights they want to part with?

I put OEM RSTD bars on my 1300 with the mistaken impression I could use the stock bar ends. Anyone using ISOs and have a set of OEM RSTD bar ends gathering dust?

Harrison Withers
'07 V Star 1300
Stealth Batwing w LRS Screen
Cobra Slip-on
RSTD Bars
Memphis Shades Lowers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 11:00 AM

Garage
I went with the inexpensive ISO style grips.. vibration isn't an issue any more than it was with the stock bar and stock grips. and for $40 not expensive compared to RSTD bar end weights.

https://www.kapscomoto.com/ca/motorc...d-grips-1.html

https://www.amazon.com/TSWNE-Motorcy...nd+grips&psc=1

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

I will probably go with real ISO grips, amazon has them in black for $35. but I wouldn't mind using the OEM weights in addition. The Kuryakyn end weights are more than the grips. I figure if some has a set they aren't using anymore, i can float some cash and have the best of both worlds.

Harrison Withers
'07 V Star 1300
Stealth Batwing w LRS Screen
Cobra Slip-on
RSTD Bars
Memphis Shades Lowers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 02:38 PM

Garage
Harrison.. if you get the ISO grips you can't use the bar ends anyway. So you won't need the bar end weights.

The new grips take up the space the bar ends did and you'll notice the grips have end caps. the Bar ends are the same size as the grip and do not fit inside..

http://vstar1300.pbworks.com/w/page/...s%20-%20Cables

Here's a good read for ya on the handlebars.

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.

Last edited by Mrdub; 04-18-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode