Removable Touring Pack - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Removable Touring Pack

I was looking to upgrade from the V Star 1100. I am looking for the look of a "bagger" with the occasional convienience of having the touring pack on the back. I noticed that Harleys have an option that makes the touring back and seat back totally removable with four quick latches.

Is that an option on the venture? Do they make such a bracket?

Thanks ahead for any info!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 PM

I have the tour deluxe, it has larger side bags then the harleys offer and I have a t-bag style bag, that is quite large, I can put it on the luggage rack if I have a passenger, or forward on the passenger seat when Im solo. Its soft sided, (they do make harder case of the same style) so not at stout as a tour pack would be but I can take it off all as 1 unit & carry it into hotel, campsite, etc. It even has concealed backpack straps on it if you want to carry it that way.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 05:44 PM

I have kuryakyn ultra tour bag and like it. i have 2000 vstar 1100 custom with baggage rack. this can go on rack or on passenger seat and be a back rest. it is very functional and carries a lot of things

http://motorcycle-luggage.com/Mercha...roduct_Count=4

Kuryakyn Ultra Tour Bag by Bagtec

Quantity in Basket: none
Code: MLK4148
Price:$104.95

Shipping Weight: 12.00 pounds
Note: Best Price Guarantee. See The Details.

Quantity:

Kuryakyn Ultra Tour Bag by Bagtec

Manufacturer: Kuryakyn

We guarantee the lowest, "shipped price" available on the Internet. If you can find this product for a lower price including shipping costs then e-mail us and show us where. We will beat the price. This does not apply to used products, blemished products or auction sites. To let you know we mean business, are currently offering a 20% discount on shipping charges. The shipping charge shown at check out will be 20% off our normal charge. This discount applies to all shipping methods, INCLUDING express shipments! Great prices and low shipping costs--we can't be beat!!

You need major storage? Here is the answer. With its large center compartment and 2 large end compartments per side, pack away! Still need more room? Expand each end compartment 2” for that extra room. With its semi-rigid construction this bag holds it shape no matter how much you pack. Perfectly sized to provide back support for rider when mounted on passenger seat. Lean back and enjoy. Plenty of sturdy D-Rings allow you to bungee additional items to the bag or lock the side pocket zippers if needed (Small padlock not included). Use the convenient shoulder strap for carrying the bag after a long day of riding.

Features:
• Zippered ends and large hatch allow access to main compartment from almost all sides.
• Expandable side compartments provide extra room when you need it.
• New WATERPROOF zippers have large, glove friendly pulls.
• Rain cover included for added protection.
• 1200 denier construction for durability
• Wide hook-&-loop belt securely attaches bag to any backrest

Included Items:
• Bag
• Shoulder strap
• Two (2) adjustable universal straps
• Rain cover

Bag external dimensions: 16.5” high, 16” wide, 15” deep, expands to 20” wide.

View instruction sheet here.

Home | Why Buy From Us? | About Us | Site Map | Search | Shipping Info | Privacy | Contact Us | Motorcycle Links

Motorcycle-Luggage.com
6801 White Lane, Suite H-4
Bakersfield, California 93309
Phone: 866-397-7433
Copyright© 2007 All Rights Reserved
T-Bags | Motorcycle SaddleBags | Sissy Bar Bags | Roll Bags | Tool Bags | Tank Bags | Handlebar Bags | Motorcycle Luggage Showrooms
Bakersfield Gateway | KernOnline | Tellyer | Motorcycles | Other Links
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode