06 tour delx air shocks pressure - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-06-2010, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

06 tour delx air shocks pressure

I was trying to soften my ride and checked out the air pressure settings in the manual- they range from 0 psi to 57 psi for hard. My rear shock registered 0 psi but the manual spoke of a low pressure gauge available from Yamanha dealer. Anyone have any infor or experience with these settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 10:35 PM

drkenk,

The rear shock is 0 to 57 psi for which a standard tire pressure guage will work.

The front forks are 0 to 10 psi. Some tire guages have lower readings but seldom go below 5 psi. I wouldn't recommend those as I doubt the accuracy is very good. Be safe and see your dealer for the low pressure guage.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
drkenk,

The rear shock is 0 to 57 psi for which a standard tire pressure guage will work.

The front forks are 0 to 10 psi. Some tire guages have lower readings but seldom go below 5 psi. I wouldn't recommend those as I doubt the accuracy is very good. Be safe and see your dealer for the low pressure guage.

Actually the front is rated from 0 to 7psi, I run my front at 5psi and the rear at 40psi

Both are very low volume and any normal gauge will let out enough to change the setting, you need a gauge that does not let any air out when it measures.

And you really need to use a low volume hand pump or you can over fill and blow the seals.

This one will work, http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...roduct_ID=5364

And I have one like this. http://www.directharleyparts.com/pro...oducts_id=2159
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 09:14 PM

you can buy the perfect hand pump from j&p cycle .it has the gage permanent on the pump.I run 7 lbs in front ,40 lbs in rear.I bought the pump that will go up to 60 psi .they have one that will go 100 psi.but the measuring marks get a lil vague, not as precise in the vision as far as getting real accurate.i ride alot two up,these pressures suit us good.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 07:46 AM

2007 RSTD is what I have, I find in many of these posts you have to look up what the member owns to see if what he/she is posting is relevant to you. I bought the pump/gage combo and set my rear to 40psi and the front at 5psi. I found it too stiff or in other words I felt I lost the benefits of the cushier air ride. I must have been reading what people with Ventures were setting their ride psi at. So I now have the rear at 25psi and the front at 3psi. and it feels better. We are not small people I'm 6'-2" @ 260 and the wife is
5'-8" @ 150, and only on the real abrupt dips do we feel that we somewhat bottom out. When I bought the bike there was "0" in the front and rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3227.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1146  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1948boat View Post
2007 RSTD is what I have, I find in many of these posts you have to look up what the member owns to see if what he/she is posting is relevant to you. I bought the pump/gage combo and set my rear to 40psi and the front at 5psi. I found it too stiff or in other words I felt I lost the benefits of the cushier air ride. I must have been reading what people with Ventures were setting their ride psi at. So I now have the rear at 25psi and the front at 3psi. and it feels better. We are not small people I'm 6'-2" @ 260 and the wife is
5'-8" @ 150, and only on the real abrupt dips do we feel that we somewhat bottom out. When I bought the bike there was "0" in the front and rear.
They all come with 0psi from the factory to make it very plush. there is only 25lbs difference between a Venture and an RSTD, but I guess I should have mentioned that I came from sport bikes and prefer a stiffer feel, so I run 40psi rear and 5psi front even solo and empty on my Venture..

Last edited by hig4s; 09-21-2011 at 05:00 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hig4s View Post
They all come with 0psi from the factory to make it very plush. there is only 25lbs difference between a Venture and an RSTD, but I guess I should have mentioned that I came from sport bikes and prefer a stiffer feel, so I run 40psi rear and 5psi front even solo and empty on my Venture..
I bought it used and quite possibly since the original owner was a smaller person he never put any air in it. I found it funny when I was looking for a replacement bike for my VTX 1800C we were looking for a touring bike with the air ride option. We found many owners had no clue that their bikes had air ride and one guy said it is the way he got it from the dealer so what ever they had put in it is what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode