Tires for big blue - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By Capri142

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Tires for big blue

The time has come to replace the stock tires on my 2011 venture and I am seeking advice from this font of collective wisdom as to what brands and types are available for this bike. I would also like to replace the front tire with something a little narrower in order to get a little sharper steering if that is at all possible. Thanks....Tankerman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankerman View Post
The time has come to replace the stock tires on my 2011 venture and I am seeking advice from this font of collective wisdom as to what brands and types are available for this bike. I would also like to replace the front tire with something a little narrower in order to get a little sharper steering if that is at all possible. Thanks....Tankerman
You'll probably get as many different answers for this question as there are replies. I have an '08 RSTD with 60+k miles on it I am in my 3rd set of tires now. My last two have been on Dunlop E3's the best so far. The last a long time, very little road noise. hold well in all conditions. I'll be needing a new set soon and will be replacing them with the same tires.
Dr Pyro and Dr Pyro like this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

Just put on a set of Metzeler marathons. So far so good better overall feel and sharper steering than the stokers. Time will tell how they hold up over the long run. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 10:21 PM

I now swear by Michelin Commander. I recently put on my 2nd rear tire. I was thinking that I spend an extra $30 for this tire than I did my last rear and didn't see any extra life. Then when checking my records, I actually got 30K miles on that tire! So I got another with no regrets.. Excellent everything!

To be old and wise, first, you must be young and stupid. I've really got the young part out of the way now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode