Checking oil level - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Checking oil level

I really like my 2006 Royal Star Venture but who was the idiot that came up with that stupid little sight glass that is impossible to see for checking the oil. I finally got a small extendable mirror but it is sure a pita. So how do the rest of you with with a RSV check the oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:52 AM

Well I don't have an RSV but, I have the same situation with the 1300, the only disappointment with the new bike, no dipstick. Anyhow, I slide the jack in under her and lift just enough to get her level then, run it for about three minutes, let her sit for about three minutes and then get the light and get down to see the site glass. It' not a beautiful thing. Argh

I'm always working very diligently to discover the obvious.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 01:24 PM

I have had bikes with dipsticks and windows. I think the window is easier. With the dipstick you have to remove the dipstick, clean it, hold the bike level, insert and remove the dipstick, let the bike back down, and read the dipstick. Fortunately, my Majesty has a center stand, so the dipstick is easier - except it is inconveniently located behind the exhaust pipe. My old Suzuki Tempter and my 250 Ninja had the best of both worlds, having both the oil check window and a center stand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode