buying advice - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

buying advice

I was wondering if you can give me your opinions on the bike I'm about to buy. Obviously I'm testing it at the dealers 1st, but at the moment I'm waiting for a dry day & thought I'd ask you guys.
I'm looking at an '08 Midnight Star (xvz 1300 tf) which I understand was imported new from the States to here. Looks great, but I've never ridden a v4. I'm hoping that as a 1300cc it won't be underpowered 2 up.
Anyway, if you can shed any light on performance & reliability. I'd really appreciate it. Cheers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Banned

It's called the Royal Star on this side of the pond and I've not heard anything negative about it. Rode with a few guys and one had the Royal Star with a rider on the back. He kept up with us without any trouble. But poke around here and search Royal Star threads and see what pops up.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecol View Post
I was wondering if you can give me your opinions on the bike I'm about to buy. Obviously I'm testing it at the dealers 1st, but at the moment I'm waiting for a dry day & thought I'd ask you guys.
I'm looking at an '08 Midnight Star (xvz 1300 tf) which I understand was imported new from the States to here. Looks great, but I've never ridden a v4. I'm hoping that as a 1300cc it won't be underpowered 2 up.
Anyway, if you can shed any light on performance & reliability. I'd really appreciate it. Cheers.
We had the same concern since we sold a VTX 1800 to buy a 07 RSTD. When I google the discription you listed above it looks like it is a Venture which is a Royal Star Venture. and ours is a Royal Star Tour Deluxe they both share the same engine, we have hard bags and quick release/removable windshield and backrest. I'm 6'2" and 270lbs my wife is 5'8" and 165lbs. the bike is more than adequate that 1297cc v4 is very powerful. We have put 7000 miles on since we bought it about a year ago.

THIS WAS A MY RESPONCE NOT REALIZING IT WAS TWO MONTHS AFTER THE ORIGINAL POST!!!!!

Last edited by 1948boat; 08-01-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2012, 11:12 PM

v4 with passenger

I've owned my 2006 RSTD for a couple of months. The wife loves riding on the back. I have no complaints about power with both of us on the bike. Acceleration or climbing hills is no problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode