Barron's big air kit - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Barron's big air kit

Wondering if anyone has installed the Barron's big air kit themselves and how difficult it was and any complications as a result of the install? I'm looking for more rumble out of the pipes and wondering how This will affect the sound? Current set up is stock air box, fi2000r fuel management and cobra extra longs(baffled). Thinking of doing Ivan's reflash and Barron's kit. Not interested in true duals, too many stories of scraping and I like the looks of the cobras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:15 AM

Garage
Not hard to install. I would run dump filters (small ones) to the bottom and under the bike so that oil that comes out of them doesn't go all over the side of the bike. Couldn't tell you about how it would affect the sound of your exhaust, too many variables and unknowns.

Life is easy.........it's people that make it hard!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Is it normal and expected to have it spill oil and what is a dump filter? Just tubing running from the air filter to the bottom of the bike or something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 06:02 AM

Andy, I did a DIY kit pod install on my 1100. Love the results. Total cost was less than half.
As for the dump, I believe it's oil mist from the crankcase. I built a catcher that drains back into the valve cover after shutdown. If you search for "5 hour energy bottle" in the forums, you should find some discussion. Made mine from PVC that you can't see.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode