2012 Stratoliner Deluxe price and gps questions - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes
  • 2 Post By hugo0612
  • 2 Post By Keith Post
  • 2 Post By baron58
  • 2 Post By hugo0612
  • 2 Post By hugo0612
  • 2 Post By Pale Rider
  • 2 Post By outbackzack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

2012 Stratoliner Deluxe price and gps questions

I found a 2012 Stratoliner Deluxe with 17,000 miles and the dealer accepted my offer of $9,100.00 cash. Is this a fair price? do you think I can find something similar for a lower price? The bike is clean and ready to ride.
The dealer says this bike does not come with a GPS unit. Is this possible? I don't know much about this bike, but I thought all the deluxe models come with GPS. Bike has the power commander and pipes. This is the VIN # JYAVP22E8CA010503. Thanks for your help. I ride now a 2015 V Star 1300
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

2012 V Star 1300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:22 PM

Garage
Hugo what research did you do prior to making your offer? I'm asking because my local NADA prices show $9100 is on the high side and that gps was not standard equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hugo0612 and hugo0612 like this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo0612 View Post
I found a 2012 Stratoliner Deluxe with 17,000 miles and the dealer accepted my offer of $9,100.00 cash. Is this a fair price? do you think I can find something similar for a lower price? The bike is clean and ready to ride.
The dealer says this bike does not come with a GPS unit. Is this possible? I don't know much about this bike, but I thought all the deluxe models come with GPS. Bike has the power commander and pipes. This is the VIN # JYAVP22E8CA010503. Thanks for your help. I ride now a 2015 V Star 1300
That price is just below blue book, so it looks good
hugo0612 and hugo0612 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

I searched on Cycle Trader and could not find a similar bike below $9,000.00 and within 150 miles from my location. This dealer is asking $8,988.00 plus fees, tax, etc. So I offered $9,000.00 out the door, and he said the lowest he can go is $9,100.00 OTD. He is offering a 2 years warranty for like $700.00 more. Thanks for your help.

2012 V Star 1300
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

This is the best forum! thanks a lot

2012 V Star 1300
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2017, 08:45 PM

Garage
Since he's offering the warranty, that's a good incentive, they are certainly great looking bikes. Congrats on your new purchase, be sure to post some pics after you get er' home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 07:42 PM

I responded to this post on Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe Motorcycle Forum. I totaled my 2012 Strat Dlx - it came with a Garmin 665 and Apple IPOD (Mini?) that mounted to an adapter in the glove compartment. They were the first thing I pulled off the bike.

Ref.: 2012 Star Stratoliner Deluxe First Ride - Motorcycle USA
"A tank-mounted console with classic clock-style instrumentation complements the Stratoliner Deluxe’s lines. Instrumentation is fairly basic – analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters and odometer. The dial of the speedo is large and easy-to-read but a bit below the natural line of sight. But you can circumvent looking down at it all together because Star added a Garmin Zumo 665 GPS as standard equipment this year which has a speed indicator. The Zumo 665 flips down so riders now have nav, Bluetooth, real-time weather and traffic updates to go along with Sirius/XM satellite capability. The system is also integrated into the Strato’s audio system for further convenience. "

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...-ar117509.html

"Comfort, convenience and style. Three words that best describe the 2012 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe casual full dress tourer. The bike’s sleek neo-classic styling lines are only the beginning; it also has a hard fairing with an aggressive mini windshield and color-matched hard saddlebags, plus a handlebar-mounted, audio-controller that allows you to ante up on the volume of your plugged-in iPod. There’s also a a pair of large, color-matched, locking hard sidebags, making the bike an ideal companion for those short and long trips. For the 2012 model, the new features include a Garmin Zumo 665 GPS that comes with plenty of features, including navigation, Bluetooth, Sirius/XM satellite radio capability, real-time weather and traffic, road condition, and warning, among other things."

Something ain't right.

Last edited by Pale Rider; 06-09-2017 at 07:45 PM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 05:09 AM

Garage
The fairing, hard saddlebags and GPS/SiriusXM unit are what make them a deluxe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode