windshield plastic only? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to fairytat Send a message via MSN to fairytat Send a message via Yahoo to fairytat
windshield plastic only?

Picked up a 2006 Roadliner yesterday. Previous owner cut down the star windshield and it's now too short and the wind buffers my helmet. Can someone point me to a source to buy just the plastic?

Or even better, does anybody have a stock windshield they want to sell?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 12:08 PM

Garage
Yamaha Replacement Windshields

Replacement windshield NOT OEM but OEM fitment.

An OEM one is :
Screen
2C5-F837U-00-00 no price shown
https://www.babbittsonline.com/

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.

Last edited by Mrdub; 03-11-2018 at 12:21 PM. Reason: added info
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 12:22 PM

Garage
My bad on the last information posted.. I referred to the Vstar1300 not your Stratoliner. Updated to factory part number for Strat now . but contact Rifle.com . They should be able to give you pricing for a replacement.

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to fairytat Send a message via MSN to fairytat Send a message via Yahoo to fairytat
Ouch on the price. If it was a Memphis Shades I could replace it for less than $100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdub View Post
My bad on the last information posted.. I referred to the Vstar1300 not your Stratoliner. Updated to factory part number for Strat now . but contact Rifle.com . They should be able to give you pricing for a replacement.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 09:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytat View Post
Ouch on the price. If it was a Memphis Shades I could replace it for less than $100
Agreed on the price but it is the full windscreen not a chunk like on the memphis..

You could also look at a windscreen extender ..

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_4yt6z571lh_b

Mark

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

I think I'll just keep an eye out for a used one. I don't like the looks of the extender plus I had a flash of it coming off and hitting me in the face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdub View Post
Agreed on the price but it is the full windscreen not a chunk like on the memphis..

You could also look at a windscreen extender ..

https://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_4yt6z571lh_b
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 08:09 PM

Garage
motosport has oem replacements the good polycarbonate ones (lexan) $129-$180 depending on width and height

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytat View Post
Picked up a 2006 Roadliner yesterday. Previous owner cut down the star windshield and it's now too short and the wind buffers my helmet. Can someone point me to a source to buy just the plastic?

Or even better, does anybody have a stock windshield they want to sell?
I have two, used Rifle and OEM that is almost new condition. Both are 18.5" from top of cut out

PS: We met....I'm rc5658 over on Strat forum

2013 Colbalt Blue Strat
2009 Stratoliner (new Nov 2011) (retired 2017)
Darkside #115
Venture trunk/backrest
Lindy Hwy Bar
Flanders Touring Bar
Yamaha Light bar w/DayMaker LED lamps
350LM Garmin GPS
Volt gauge
Ultimate seat
Rivco passenger boards
Stebel horn
Braided clutch & brake cables
Clearview windshield w/Memphis shade lowers
SS Cycle oil pressure guage
Superbright 10W LEDS mounted on crashbar
Bridgestone Ecopia 215/55R-17 w/Pirelli Night Dragon front

Last edited by Darksider; 03-15-2018 at 08:49 PM. Reason: more info
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-19-2018, 06:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksider View Post
I have two, used Rifle and OEM that is almost new condition. Both are 18.5" from top of cut out

PS: We met....I'm rc5658 over on Strat forum
Mine is cut down to 17 3/4. The extra height might solve the problem. The wind is catching on my visor if it's up the least little bit. It rattles it even when it's all the way down. I rode with my 1/2 helmet the other night (short ride to dinner) and it hit that helmet enough that the flip down sun visor was vibrating in a very irritating way.

Let me say that it's not that I want to be fully behind the shield. My other bike is a 03 Concours with a Rifle screen. I don't get the buffeting on my helmet when I ride it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 11:55 AM

Lots of manufacturers out there that offer replacement windshields. I have one with the recurve at the top, love it.
fairytat and fairytat like this.

2014 Stratoliner S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode